What stopped you from being a professional athlete, Sup Forums

What stopped you from being a professional athlete, Sup Forums.

I unironically played in Benfica's youth grades before ending up playing the Ayy-league then I quit and started studying Law.

im a weak faggot

Priorities

I have severe anxiety and want to kill myself

DNA

im a neet

I realised I would not become a pro in a good club and went studying. I couldn't gain muscle as much as I wanted to.

name lad. it doesnt hurt if youre already somewhat famous

Perfecting my CTR skills on PSOne

never tried

Size

can't play hockey (or anything really) when you're a manlet

It's OK though, I grew

>football my entire life
>was shit but still played safety because everyone else shittier than me
>the only position I wanted to play was QB
>would probably be shit but never tried out for QB
regrets desu senpai

played football, but got bored when it changed from one practice per week, having fun while school was easy, to three dreadful practices per week, being pushed to achieve results while school got more difficult. decided to focus on school like some of my friends.

Alcohol

lack of talent

food, alcohol and video games

im 2 kool niggers

too good looking

that didn't stop ribery

go get verified on plebbit and do a ayy league AMA

to smart for sports

I broke my arm in a car accident drunk driving my senior year of high school. I was already going to college to play basketball. Probably wouldn't have gone to the NBA, but I could have played in a foreign country or something.

I'm a cripple

I was a top tennis player in my region at 13-14 but I was content just being the best at my high school when really if I pushed myself I could have certainly played in college or professionally

After my third concussion during my senior year, I decided that I didn't like chronic migraines anymore. I met with the Boise State recruiter who I had been talking to and told them I would no longer be pursuing football; they cancelled my scholarship offer and I went to a local private school instead.

I played basketball at decent levels for years (played against future NT players like Melli or Aradori) than I found out my gf was cheating me with the team captain. Stopped playing and start doing drugs. Goddamn what a cuck

I played in the CHL but wasnt good enough to get drafted. Didnt bother trying for Professional tryouts, just took the free university and got a job as Solar engineer

didn't stop joey barton

>weak
>skinny
>physically uncoordinated
>poor hand-eye coordination
>averse to injury/pain
>poor self motivator
>noncompetitive
i could probably go on, but that seems to cover most of it

What was your living situation a host family i'm guessing was it weird?

I only started enjoying football in my late teens + I'm not a competitive guy in general

Was a D1 athlete on a full ride. All conference selection my first year and conference freshman of the year. Had a decent chance at the pros though of course nothing is ever certain in sports, but pretty much lost interest after that first year and decided to focus on school. Now going to grad school.

>yfw Kaz Patafta posts on spee

name breh I wanna look at dem stats

been here since 2011

How much money was left after you ended your football career?
Did you play with anyone famous at Benfica?

What did you mean by this

i didn't make much money. hence why i got a law degree. rui costa used to train with us sometimes.

i'm a manlet

What went wrong?
Or did you just reach your potential early?

>google kaz patafta
>laotian mother
>croatian father
>not having slavic name

i guess we know who is wearing pants in this marriage

>Kaz Patafta

remember playing FM and that guy being on the benfica youth team, not sure if he was good in the game

Im a manlet.

I played in one of Spain's top5 teams youth teams for years, and I was a pretty ok goalkeeper, but I never even reached the 1.80 milestone and there was some other guy who was better than me.

He has been called to the national team and Im a bellboy at a hotel.

nothing went wrong. i just got over playing. it's hard for aussies in europe if you're not harry kewell.

meant for

Coach picked favorites in high school.
Decided to play a manlet at D-end instead of me (6'3 230) and he got pancaked on every play. Could've got a scholarship from a D2 school.

>;_; I didn't ask for this feel

Is Beckham as hot as he seems when you have it that close?

Hi OP

kek. he looks shit with that hair.

herro fellow mongol

How does this make you feel?

post proof this is really you OP and I will respect every aussie poster forever

I got scouted by an Irish under 10's scout, unfortunately I went to England that year and stopped playing cos of family reasons

Never had something close to a decent level.

But I ended up related at some kind of selecction of best u15yo players from Barça, Espanyol and Damm, CAR and Jabac (those 3 will only be relevant to people from here) and it's actually surprising how hard it is to make it to the professional level even for "superkids" like them.

pretty good but he is just a local coach. he hasn't in europe or south america so it doesn't mean that much.

Because in US the only way to progress as a player is if mommy and daddy pay up the ass for the best soccer club in the state from an early age.
> if I started travel/club soccer 13 years ago at the top level team I'd be in the MLS right now

You've college for apehoop and handegg and not a single center for kids?

The closest I got was being on the bench for a first team game against Nottingham Forest. I'd been out on loan to lower league teams and did well enough at one place for the gaffer to call me back from my loan at Exeter City.

The following summer I was offered a trial at Tranmere but I broke my leg in a training game. That year we got relegated and I was told that I was to be let go.

Nowadays I'm training to be an FA coach and working in an office in a small town called Retford.

That is very unlikely you fucking idiot

Lack of talent

I wanted to have a real career instead of waste time playing and training to go pro when the odds of going pro are next to none.

I played summer baseball for my High School but I wasn't very good on a mediocre, middle of the pack club my 2 years on Varsity.

Made of glass

t. talentless manlet

I got a trial at Levante in Spain in 2010, when I was 15. They actually liked me and wanted me to stay for a second season. Then I got a knee injury, with an 8 month recovery.

Then they sent me to a shitty amateur team named Racing de Algemesí but I knew that by then I was never gonna be a professional football player. When I asked Levante to take me again they said I was too prone to get new injuries and they thought it was too risky to take me.

I haven't played football in years, I'm in scond year of uni and want to kill myself.

Panic attacks

slow manlet

How good was Yu Dabao?

Lack of a Y-chromosome.

Nope, it's not like any other American sport where you can go to a park with a ball and the rest of the kids are all willing to play and the neighborhood is a competive collective.

How? Top travel clubs are feeders for High School teams to keep chemistry and team composition for trophies, High schools are feeders for college scouts and college is obviously feeder for MLS.

I was an Iniesta-esque mid fielder that fed 21 assists in my first high school season with an 80% conversion rate on free kicks. Played winger after fanboying Ronaldo and averaged 18 goals a season for 2 years. Highest scoring game were the state quarter finals were we one 5-1 all goals mine.

Was junior Olympian full back/holding midfielder. Tore mcl, lcl, and acl at the same time in a match when I was 16. Bottom half of leg hanging from the knee down like my grandfather's aging ball sack. Why didn't I make it pro you ask? I'm American.

muscular dystrophy

also, electrical engineering

if youre still around what team was it you played against forest? my brother is part of the backroom staff at forest

Shouldnt you be in Laos right now?

Just didn't like playing organized sports that much, nor did my friends

Could have literally made it to the pros in every sport lads, but the Jews conspired against me.

I got a computer and internet connection and then became lazy and fat.

It's not about that. Yuro football clubs have scouters all over the world: if there's a kid in Thaiti they'll find it and bring him to their school-center.

Don't you have any like that there? Some sort of kids development place?

I was too good to play with kids of the same age, so my club always put me with higher aged kids. I got bullied by those kids and eventually gave up on the sport.

That you Kaz?

MLS clubs all have academies, but for a while most of them didn't and a couple are considered to be really crap, namely Chicago's

Not the guy that you're replying to, but they do have that... It's just that the USA is a really fucking big country and chances are one isn't close, and you also have to pay to go to it. It's not like Europe where clubs pay for everything for their youth players.

The ones directly operated by MLS are free I think

>played soccer when kid.
>was really good at it. a natural.
>people, including semi-pros, said i should keep playing. that i could be a big player in europe.
>dad said the sport was for faggots. play real sport.
>quit playing, tried "american football".
>have to have knee cap realigned and surgery on acl. never ran the same again. quit playing. took up reading.

Pulisic is a talentless Manlet and he's our #1

I was given a full ride to a D1 school as a linebacker. I quit after my freshman year because I couldn't compete with the other guys and fell into depression. My coaches got me the help I needed and I ended up getting my BA in Spanish after 5 years.

I think a lot of people underestimate how much dedication and perseverance it takes to make it to the pros.

this has got me wondering if any other pro athletes or ex-pros post on Sup Forums

he meant crippled in body, not mind

>american
>big player in europe

I was good at swimming
There's a single professional swimmer

i'm lazy

i'm smart

i was fucking shit lol

Not being athletic

Breaking ur arm isnt like severing ur hand. If you were a great player u could have come back from that

That sucks u shud have ditched the bitch, focused on playing, become belinelli, and then fucked all the hoes

TSV Bayer was slightly interested in me for my high jump talent, but being a manlet meant I most likely never would have been able to seriously compete, nevermind the fact that going "professional" in such a niche sport doesn't pay the bills.

No friends to practice with

>a lot of people underestimate how much dedication and perseverance it takes to make it to the pros
this
A long time ago I did a useless arts degree and a guy who went nuts and flaked out from the Birmingham City first team was on the course. He played for us a few times and it was comic. Give him the ball and he messi'd the entire opposition like rats and scored at will. But he couldn't hack anything, cracked up again, spent all his time in the gym and left. That was a real lesson to me, he looked like some kind of god but couldn't sustain shit.

I row so there is no profession level to it. Even so I was the definition of a skinny ergo which meant I had a bad 2k but was very fast on the water, which is bad because college coaches don't like that. You can easily teach a body builder to row your way but its hard to get a guy to be extremely strong. I still went to a top college through grades but no rowing.

No US sports is highly reliant on college athletics for talent, and all investment for scounting goes into football, basketball, baseball, and hockey (if they are in the Northeast)