How the fuck does the sun stay in place ? like isn't it just a gas...

How the fuck does the sun stay in place ? like isn't it just a gas ? the sun is made of gas being burnt so how is it staying in place, like it has nothing solid in it the fuck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vs6V8EILM0M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_orbit]
books.google.pl/books?id=x9gKukYjMqcC&printsec=frontcover&dq=instant notes genetics&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjClcWp1pjZAhUkh6YKHedTBS8Q6wEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=instant notes genetics&f=false
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gravity
Go learn physics

Hanging by a string ofc

/thread

>gravity

are u 8 years old ? the sun is in space dumbass no gravity.

No shit it's gravity. The question is, how does gravity keep it in place?

fight me IRL

it has some kinda thingie in the center

youtube.com/watch?v=vs6V8EILM0M

Fight me in outer space bitch

it pulls from all sides with an equal force, so it doesn't budge

The Sun is so hot that most of the gas is actually plasma, the fourth state of matter.

LOL the suns farts r hot they become lava

There is gravity in space. In orbit there is almost as much gravity as on earth, whatever is orbiting is just going so fast that the curvature of the earth "falls away" from it just as fast as they fall, so it's practically perpetual free fall.

The sun isn't stationary, it's orbiting the big ass black hole in the middle of our galaxy.
And the gas is held in place by its own gravity, same as how the earth is stuck together.

i should have added... our entire solar system orbits the center of the galaxy and the sun is the heavy part of it. we orbit once every 170,000 years.

it's painted on the great dome that was put there for us to blind us from the truth.
If you flight to the sun, you could break through the dome and see the reality for itself

>gravity
>in space

bro pls stop talking ur humilating ur self

The sun is big enough to create a gravitational pull. That's like saying "OH THE EARTH IS IN SPACE, SO IT DOESN'T HAVE GRAVITY!" Are you downy?

I got a question for science fags. Back in the day, everything was so close together that space was room temperature. Does this mean that during this period everywhere could potentially harbour life, even without sun?

yeah but gravity was created in the earth dumbass...omg pls tel me ur trolling.

>Although the Earth's pull due to gravity in LEO (low earth orbit) is not much less than on the surface of the Earth, people and objects in orbit experience weightlessness because they are in free fall.
[en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Earth_orbit]

would you like me to draw you a diagram, brainlet?

>stay in place
nope, it's moving with all the planets and stuff towards the big black hole in the center of the galaxy.

>implying the earth isnt hollow
Fucking imbeciles these days.

How do you explain the 9.8 mps/ps fall rate then?

The sun is a miasma of incandescent plasma
The sun's not simply made out if gas
The sun is a quagmire, it's not made of fire
Forget what you've been told in the past
Plasma, electrons are free
Plasma, 4th state of matter, not gas, not liquid, not solid

>mfw gravity

shut up retarded

>shut up retarded
kek, you're a dumb shit, go suck a dick

dude,
>when everything was this close, the temperatures were billion times higher
>when stuff cooled down to the room temperature it was for relatively short periods of time, in most cases
>our planet's temperature is kept on this level because of the distance sun (and because of life, later on)
>you need much more to harbour life
>temperature isn't even very important. Actually, it *might* be possible, that there is life on the sun. If only there is matter that behaves similarly to DNA there, it can begin a process of evolution and create life working similar to our life.

>durr I have no rebuttal so I'll just call him a retard that'll get him

>>temperature isn't even very important. Actually, it *might* be possible, that there is life on the sun. If only there is matter that behaves similarly to DNA there, it can begin a process of evolution and create life working similar to our life.
That would be fucking insane
I cant wait for humanity to discover if there is any extra terrestrial life, and if its carbon based. i always thought silicone based life you be cool.

If it's sun they will probably be lava based

>i always thought silicone based life you be cool.
actually it would be most likely pretty similar to carbon-based one if you found it on earth.
the real difference is made by the conditions of the environment - gravity force, air density, energy sources, etc. etc.

Life on the moon has been found in a form of bacteria.
I don't know the rest of the story, but afaik it was indeed extraterrestrial. Nobody gave two fucks, because it was too small

yes. draw

They Might Be Giants, dipshit

Why do you think it would be similar. Obviously i said silicone because it can bind with almost as many elements as carbon. but even if silicone life evolved alongside us, silicone life couldnt eat any carbon life, they would have to eat other silicone based life. It would be an entirely different evolutionary lineage.

>Life on the moon has been found in a form of bacteria.
bullshit. really? i think i would of heard about that one

ok, ill look for a diagram or try to draw one if i cant find one.

pic 1

Gravity is ever permeating in all of space you dumb fuck.

All objects in the universe are all exerting gravity on all other objects at all times

pic 2

>aliens in the andromeda galaxy have my gravity pulling them
Feels good to experience permeating the whole universe

Whole space is magic.
Gravity explains it all.
We havent prooft gravity but guess what it explains everything.

>We havent prooft gravity
Einsteins general relativity has been proven (what makes gravity work). You can observe spacetime warping around big objects as light passes through it, its called gravitational lensing.

Explain how magnets aren't effected by gravity then

it doesn't matter what it would eat.
And anyway, let me assure you, that we would eat the fuck out of each other.
we would both adapt to treat the other forms as a good source of energy.

In general, the sillicon-based means that their DNA-analogue would be based on sillicone and not on carbon. But the function would be very similar and it might (just might, of course) use carbon in it's organic compounds.

and yes, really. I'm not 100% sure it was the moon, but outer space, definitely. Google it, I don't have sources ready. It lacked hype so much everyone forgot about it in a week

They are dude

Im pretty sure the only reason we can gather energy and nutrients from eating is because what we eat is also silicone based.
I dont know this for sure, im not a biologist, but thats my assumption.
if we (carbon and silicone based life) were actually both hybrids, i would assume we could eat each other.

dude, there are bacteria eating fucking sulfur
and they are not sulfur-based
you get energy from whatever stores energy. Energy is the same and matter obey the same laws. If you use acids to destroy bondings and free the energy in your carbon-based organic compound, you can do the same with a sillicone-based one.
Maybe the acid would need to be a bit fine-tuned, but it's easily achievable.

Yeah fair enough. you're right. idk what i was thinking.
Maybe i should stick to physics

nah, it's cool.
if you read a book or two you can get it all sorted out in your head.
And it may help you to understand physics itself by springing your imagination.

I strongly advise checking out the series
>instant notes
books.google.pl/books?id=x9gKukYjMqcC&printsec=frontcover&dq=instant notes genetics&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjClcWp1pjZAhUkh6YKHedTBS8Q6wEIKDAA#v=onepage&q=instant notes genetics&f=false

the books are so well-written you don't need a human to explan anything to you. Just read it carefully and you'll get it on your own. It's very interesting with not too much and not too little information.
They have books on a lot of subjects

Cheers man, ill read it. Thanks for the suggestion.
I guess i have just never been super into biology, prefer my physics. But yeah, it looks like a good book, might help me sort out my ideas about astrobiology as well.

>9.8 mps/ps
>mps/ps
It's m/s^2

to answer your question: Gravity.
To correct your question: The sun is not burning! The gas is not gas but a plasma undergoing nuclear fusion.

Different fag.

This guy just proved he's very smart. Take notes people.

The sun has a lot of mass. A fuckton of mass. It contains 99.9% of the physical mass in the solar system. This means that it contains a shitton of gravity. This is what holds it together.

Learn some physics dude.

We're on shifting continents, on a spinning Earth, orbiting the Sun, which orbits the center of our galaxy, which is moving ever so slowly towards Andromeda, both of which feels the collective gravity of the cluster we are in.

>staying in place

The retard is strong with this one.

This isn't where you come to get facts and learn science... but if you must know there is dark matter in space that is what keeps everything in balance. If not for the dark matter we would all fly off this crazy merry-go-round.