KEVIN FEIGE WANTS MARVEL TO MOVE PAST ALL-WHITE CASTS

>In a interview with Vulture, the Marvel Studios President said that Swinton’s casting was an attempt to circumvent the problematic stereotype of a wizened Asian male tutor, even though that meant continuing Hollywood’s trend of underrepresenting Asian actors. Feige acknowledged the criticism of that decision, but contended that “in the movies we’ve already made, and certainly in the movies that are coming up, it will be as inclusive a group of characters as one could want.”

>That being said, Feige vows that the MCU would only continue to diversify in future releases. “For us, it’s important that we don’t feel like a completely white, European cast,” he said, noting that the next four releases in Marvel’s lineup feature women of color as their leading female and/or love interests. According to the interview, “Spider-Man: Homecoming” will be the most diverse Marvel film to date, which Feige sees as merely a representation of the real world.

>“Our filmmaker [Jon Watts] came in and had pictures of real high schools, and they are as diverse as you could imagine…That was something that was important to us, to set it apart from other Spidey films that have been made — to carve that niche — and to have it represent the world today.”

>Feige pointed to the comic book origins as part of the reason to continue Marvel’s push. “The comics have felt like that sometimes, in the early days, but frankly, even the comics in the ’60s…I mean, Black Panther was created in the ’60s,” he said. “You look at Captain America’s team [back then] and yes, there are things to cringe at, but they were being progressive at the time
vulture.com/2016/10/kevin-feige-doctor-strange-marvel-casting-diversity.html

Capecucks will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/doctor-strange-screenwriter-single-decision-887289
hackernoon.com/how-2k-killed-irrational-games-a09d8865fd8b#.dii197iit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Marvel_(Marvel_Comics)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hope this movie bombs.

Who the fuck even cares about "diversity"? That literally just means adding brown people to your film.

Capeshit General - More Capeshit to come Edition

Same. The Spider-Man franchise is cursed to always be a flop. Save for raimis 1 & 2. This guy sounds like a fucking loser. No one cares abou smelly minorities

>KEVIN FEIGE
Literally who

Let me fix that for you

>"There are now significant movie-going populations in non-western countries so we need to go into maximum diversity mode to effectively pander to as many people on as wide a scale as possible".

But ultimately this whole statement is worthless because there literally has not been a single all-white Marvel movie cast. The one that was the closest was the first Captain America movie, but that took place in 1940's Germany so it would've been fucking weird if there were Chinese people all over the place, and even in there Cap got to have a diverse crew of soldiers working as his personal posse.

I'm fine with it as long as they create original characters, or bring in established minority characters from the comics. What I can't stand is racebending characters because you're too lazy to do either.

Also, can someone point out the Marvel films with All White Casts, because I can't think of a single one. Even Thor had a prominent black role. My mom's eyes bulged out when she saw Idris Elba for the first time, and started squirming in her seat. I still don't understand what was going on, but I saw the attendants sponging her seat after we got up to leave.

>I'm fine with it as long as they create original characters

NO!, FUCK YOU!!

get ready to black spiderman, captain america, spic ghost rider and black girl iron man

Marvel movies is headed for Marvel comics. Soon patriarchy will appear as the villain.

DKEKS ON LIFE SUPPORT

But those are all established minorities in the comics, so it's fine. I don't think you understood my point very well.

Also added a name for maximum irony.

HAHA NIGGERS ARE BLACK

America isn't an all white country. Deal with it.

america isn't a country you retard

And in 20 years poor whitey will be a minority and they will hope the elite are gentle to their kind.

The majority is white fucking faggot. Get over it

This is surprising to any of you?

THEY'RE TRYING TO BLACK JAMES BOND FFS! JAMES FUCKING BOND!

If a put a piece of shit in your glass of milk, it is no longer a glass of milk. It's a glass of shit drank. It doesn't matter if the majority of the glass still contains milk.

It's shit drank.

The elite is and always will be white.

Even in shitskin countries the elite are white as fucking snow.

They'll probably just redefine what it means to be white like they did with the wops and the micks. [Protip: They already are.]

Not necessarily - diversity itself wasn't what killed Marvel comics, it was the way it was used by writers as a big stick with which to attack the fanbase.

It used to be that Marvel would publish a bunch of shitty rag comics and people would openly call them terrible, and they'd be cancelled. Now they make the low-tier, low-quality comics star various spicy ethnic characters, so anyone who complains can get shot down with outcries of racism. It's a really easy crutch for them to fall on to avoid being called out for their increasingly dwindling quality.

As a counterpoint to Marvel, DC has tons of minority characters now. But no one even notices or makes a fuss because they're not assholes about it.

>It's shit drink
Kekd

Whatever you say loser

This is a perfect metaphor for multiculturalism.

It's so funny to watch you idiots whine and cry about the inclusion of non-whites in your fantasy films. There is literally nothing you can do to stop it. Nothing. The way you pathetically cling to your delusions that every character in these movies must be white entertains me. Get over it.

the elite will stay white and jewish you dumb nigger

It's cringey

You're a dumb nig if you think this is anything but a convenient shit to keep spew out shit but while avoiding stepping on the vocal toes. Like another user said, this is just an excuse to rehash the same shit over and over again but wait we got a nigger and Mary Sue this time instead! Aren't we brave and progressive?

>Swinton’s casting was an attempt to circumvent the problematic stereotype of a wizened Asian male tutor

They don't care about being inclusive. One of the screenwriters said they did it to avoid fucking with the Chinese box office.

>"He originates from Tibet, so if you acknowledge that Tibet is a place and that he’s Tibetan, you risk alienating one billion people who think that that’s bullshit and risk the Chinese government going, 'Hey, you know one of the biggest film-watching countries in the world? We’re not going to show your movie because you decided to get political.' "

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/doctor-strange-screenwriter-single-decision-887289

Says the redditor.

Will they ever let Jon Waters direct an MCU movie? I think he could do wonders to the universe.

How come diversity is such a buzzword as of late? It has come to the point that it's some kind of feather that you put on your cloak. Is it because Will Smith chimped out at the Oscars about it and now everyone wants to point out how PC they are in some kind of circle jerk mutual assurance ritual? I see articles and movie reviews yapping on about diversity first, regardless whether it makes sense or not in the context of the movie. It comes across as somewhat bizarre how such a side issue seems to be held to higher importance than whether the movie itself is good.

Never been to Reddit autist

I want movies to move past shitty cape comic movies.

Where's the Sandman movie/TV show motherfucker?

>ITT people who have never been to New York City complaining that Queens isn't white enough.

Because "diversity" prints money, now. Just look at that new Mafia III game. It sold 4.5 million copies despite it being a mediocre game with bugs and such.

hackernoon.com/how-2k-killed-irrational-games-a09d8865fd8b#.dii197iit

>Hanger 13 spent many years and many 10s of millions of dollars creating “Mafia III” which has recently tanked in reviews and has no hope of ever making its money back (it needs to sell ~8 million full price units to make up for its expenses, it has so far sold well under 1 million units).

Also its 4.5 copies shipped, not sold.

It's all but guaranteed to. This is the exact same shit that was going on with the Ghostbusters reboot, and we all saw how that turned out...

He didn't say that though

Who cares what he said faggot

>It used to be that Marvel would publish a bunch of shitty rag comics and people would openly call them terrible, and they'd be cancelled. Now they make the low-tier, low-quality comics star various spicy ethnic characters, so anyone who complains can get shot down with outcries of racism. It's a really easy crutch for them to fall on to avoid being called out for their increasingly dwindling quality.

This is my problem with the current diversity push too. They're not interested in making new, original material with a diverse cast, they just repackage old, classic content and with a younger "more inclusive" cast "because we need our media to look like America in 2016, not 1916." Nothing new, just a cynical move on the part of the producers and the people who fund the movies so that they can point to the few legitimate Sup Forumstards who are actually racist against minorities having ANY roles, and then claim they represent the entire fanbase/ public who think half-assed remakes with more black characters and women "challenging traditional gender roles" are just a blatant cash grab.

I loved Bridesmaids, but as soon as I heard they were remaking Ghostbusters I thought "It's going to suck, and they're going to have at least one woman in the squad, probably two, and one of them will be either Amy Schumer or Melissa McCarthy." And I was even more right than I thought I would be.

Forest Hills (where Peter lives) is 60% white, 24% Asian, 12% Hispanic, and 4% black. Studio would have you believe it's split evenly.

Why should movies have "all-white casts" in the first place when the audience isn't?

Like people don't care about the under-representation of everyone who isn't white in Hollywood, but as soon as they make movies to try and tilt the balance back a bit it becomes a cardinal sin.

Most people aren't really smart/self aware enough to figure out anything complicated like this though which is how they get hoodwinked by casual racism in the first place.

DISNEY WAS A MISTAKE

I support casting niggers in Superhero movies so people will stop watching them. Fucking die already capeshit.

white males are the ones who made comics and comic flicks what they are today, by consuming the media and being fans.

what the hell have minorities done?

where did it all go so wrong

What a bunch of cucks.

the white elite couldn't give a fuck about regular white people

>the problematic stereotype of a wizened Asian male tutor
like the guy with no hand?

This.

Falcon and Black Panther are white?

>the problematic stereotype of a wizened Asian male tutor

>being considered smart enough to be asked to tutor others is considered a problematic stereotype

This is 100% false. The company who made the game is closing down dude. It got very mediocre reviews and did NOT SELL 4.5mil.

I think a Blue Marvel movie could be pretty interesting, his origin was actually pretty nice, a black superhero who was forgotten by time. He really should be the face of Diversity MCU but I think a problem will follow with what is going on now in comics, they are trying to use diversity as a way to boost up sales to compensate for the stories being bad or using it as an excuse for not doing anything interesting with these characters. I find it ironic how the MCU have been incredibly successful yet the movies feature a primarily all white cast in most cases but it'll be inevitable if they go the diverse route the way they did with the source material and that's when the MCU bubble will burst, the new characters won't be able to make a connection with the audiences like the original Avengers did and how they've become household names and they'll always be seen as cutouts who are trying to piggyback on the success of legacy characters without trying to forge any real identity of their own.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Marvel_(Marvel_Comics)

if he wants to do that why was tilda swinton the ancient one

I'm not even white, but if they make Captain America anything OTHER than a strong, white male with blonde hair and blue eyes, I'm going to make a post on /r9k/ urging various students of the upper East coast not to come to school that day.

>Jews
>White

>Swinton’s casting was an attempt to circumvent the problematic stereotype of a wizened Asian male tutor

They don't care about being inclusive. One of the screenwriters said they did it to avoid fucking with the Chinese box office.

>"He originates from Tibet, so if you acknowledge that Tibet is a place and that he’s Tibetan, you risk alienating one billion people who think that that’s bullshit and risk the Chinese government going, 'Hey, you know one of the biggest film-watching countries in the world? We’re not going to show your movie because you decided to get political.' "

Suicide Squad was literally the most diverse cast in capeshit

Justice League chose to have fucking CYBORG because of muh diversity

FUCKING CYBORG

Some would say casting the ancient one as a woman is a pretty bold move by itself, but the diversity crowd seems to revel in race issues more than gender issues, or are happy to be perpetually unhappy and simply move on to the next outrageous injustice. "Ancient One is a badass woman? Fuck this. Why wasn't she a transgenender latino? Mordo is black? Let's ignore that, so we can huff and puff some more. Rargh, how dare that while male oppressive pig Strange master the eastern arts?" It's always something and plenty of those kinds of comments and reviews start with "lol I don't normally read comics" or "lol I never heard of this character before". The quality of the movie becomes secondary and just another vehicle to wage on some kind of war against windmills at any cost.

Cyborgs aren't people

The guy i replied to

Hispanic isn't a race though

any race could be hispanic

Separate the mestizos from the spanish

kek it's really becoming like their comics department.

Fuck kikes and niggers

>ignoring the fact that Swinton was cast to avoid the whole Tibet origin of the Ancient One to appease China

>Who the fuck even cares about "diversity"?

Out of touch Liberals. And nobody else.

>GOTG 2
>Thor Ragnarok
>Spiderman Homecoming
>Black Panther
>diverse women of color
When will this "diversity is just code for black" meme end?

There's a big push to cast Steven Yuen as Nightwing in Batman.

So cast a Chinese.

But the videos on youtube all like this Spiderman movie.

>noting that the next four releases in Marvel’s lineup feature women of color as their leading female and/or love interests

As a white man I am ok with this. These are american movies and the mostprevelant men in the US are white.

It is only fair that we are the ones doing the cucking just like how asian movies always have an asian guy with a foreign woman and not the other way around.

All this means is the supporting casts will be minorities. The heroes will still be predominantly white males because that's the biggest demo for the movies and that is what sells tickets.

Marvel has an all black Netflix show and it is hands down the worst of the 3. Hmmmm, it's not us the nigger's fault tho no massa it's the racist white boy who created Luke Cage that's why our lazy "work" don't work!

I don't like some of the replacements of stblished characters, but I see no problem in diversity casting and I imagine even a racist couldn't find a good reason why to not do it. New York is diverse.

To be fair, diversity seems to be helping Hollywood, pic related.

Correct. Unless your name is Will Smith, the hero will remain white and have a diverse crew to support him.

>cries that evil whitey appropriates other cultures
>is the first in line to sell out white culture

Why don't minorities create their own stories?

Jews are just whites with higher IQs

Horseshit. If they acknowledge Tibet China may stop showing their crap. That is the real reason.

A lot of people miss the point though. Diverse casts are a box office draw, but you have to pick the RIGHT draws.

Will Smith is still huge in the black community and any movie with him will draw in blacks, for instance. Blacks don't give a damn about Leslie Jones or Nate Parker.

>ur filmmaker [Jon Watts] came in and had pictures of real high schools, and they are as diverse as you could imagine

Does he mean all negros?

so this is how the MCU dies

To commercial success and critical acclaim?

every movie that's diversified for the sake of diversity has sacrificed quality and has not done well.

If Hollywood insist on making 'disvesity' movies they should try to adept source material that actually supports it.

Spiderman as superhero go is basically as white as you can get. Peter Parker is white. Mary Jane and Gwen Stacey are white. Norman Osborne is white. It's not just a casting default, its a reflection of where and when they were written.

Just reboot blade for fuck sakes.

They do the same things with the comics and the sales have been tanking. Movie sales will do the same on a much greater scale. When they don't make back their money on one of the "big ones" because they cats Leslie Jones as the new iron man then it will be the beginning of the end.

>having white women and black women is important to us
>no signs of more hispanic, asian or indian people in leading roles

whatever marvel.....

>Wang Jianlin invests $10B in Mahvel
>first order of business, no more unnecessary fucking niggers in your movies
Where will you be when China saves capeshit?

Could actually happen, he's dissed Disney's head office.

Doctor Strange and TFA haven't