What's Sup Forumss opinion on powerful Sam Harris?

Seems to be pretty based

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OlW8V2Vv6p8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

besides his hate of trump.

pretty based.

He's based. Doesn't like trump but that's fine.

Articulate and reasonable.

Almost redpilled, he just needs to get less autistic about a few things and accept Trump.

I knew Sam Harris in high school. He used to wear weird clothing. A hoodie when it was hot outside and these oversized fucking "tourist" running shoes. They were so big on his feet that the front portion of each shoe would go slightly limp when it came off the ground, as he walked. His haircut was weird as well. It was extremely short on top, but actually quite long on the sides in comparison.

Anyway, he was a lot more arrogant back then. He was "that guy" who would always think out loud and yell "skeptical" commentary about whatever the teacher was lecturing us about. All with this really smug fucking smirk on his face. One time the teacher asked him why he didn't study and he replied that she "will eat those words when I'm a leading scientist at MIT."
Another time he came into the classroom talking really loudly to the teacher. She didn't know what he was on about so she just kind of nodded. Some kid next to me said "what a fucking weirdo" and Sam's face went all red and he just began to stare at the upper left hand corner of the classroom.

Got utterly BTFO by William Craig.

>craig
>blowing out anything besides cum from ass

annoying statist douche. and that's coming from a staunch atheist.

not an argument

its not required to be

Not based, just smart. He cares about animal suffering, he is a pussy. But he seems very intelligent, and he is very well spoken.

Epic bait.

>statist
Stupid word. Stupid implication.

I wish people didn't associate atheists with that hack.

Fuck him and his bullshit "objective secular ethics"

>stale pasta

what's Trump beyond the ego and showmanship? "if he hits me I hit them" is retarded and a recipe for WW3

It's completely accurate whether you agree with him or not.

Just a butt hurt faggot who Dosent like his demagogue trump getting insulted

I'm not disputing its accuracy.

I'm talking about the word in general. "Statist" as someone who "supports the state", is a pointless term.

As if there's another option besides the state. Everyone who isn't a statist is just retarded.

Not an argument

>atheist

based my ass

>unironically being religious
>2016

like this?
youtube.com/watch?v=OlW8V2Vv6p8

>and that's coming from a staunch atheist.
That's unsurprising since there's nothing binding atheists together aside from all answering no to one question.

>since there's nothing binding atheists together
They usually share the world view, and rank "science!!1" as the ultimate definer of truth and reality. Liberals are the portion of atheists without principles, and Sam Harris represents the other end. However, they fail to give reason to uphold any single principle, so I will always mistrust them- why would they stick to the truth, when the alternative is as important?

controlled opposition for atheists

>why would they stick to the truth, when the alternative is as important?

So why do you trust a person when they say they believe in god?

He's naive when it comes to politics. Wouldn't be surprised if he votes for hill-dogg

Lots of smart people fall into the trap of specializing in one area and then overestimating their off-the-cuff opinions in fields they haven't specialized in. Nye, Tyson, Harris, are all good examples. Carson was another one.

The difference is axiomatic, not simply on the level of detail. Existence of God is as simply proven as oneself proves oneself.

He's based, only way I've found to get liberals to listen about how terrible muslims are since he openly discusses every religions good and bad sides so they can't say das racis if you show them his broader works.

Lying is bad for your social standing so it's logical not to do it. Meanwhile religious people can behave in any manner and justify it by saying God told them to do it and frankly they are raised to lie about the nature of reality and what they're thinking ect so it's literally normal to them when they're adults.

>Lying is bad for your social standing so it's logical not to do it.
Thus jews continue to rot amongst the lowest ranks, on the lowest social standing, the public enemy number one, a shameful nation to all.

Deceit is a weapon, you use it on your enemies only.

>Sam Harris

I'd like to smash his smug inbred kike face with a piece of rusty rebar.

He's a propagandist for Israel and works to make sure that Atheism stays neutered and philosemitic.

You can't have real investigation into the roots of "religion" in the West and understand why it's so poisonous and not talk about Judaism. Harris views his job as to dismantle Christianity and Islam (and to stir-up friction between them for the benefit of Jews), while still making it intellectually tenable to support Israel and West Bank settlements. He makes some very pretty arguments, and years ago I probably would have liked him. I know better now.

New Athiesm is a bunch of faggy Politically Correct LARPing and talk about "fairy tales" because everyone but Dawkins involved in it is a kike.

Yet another step to be transcended by those feeling superior.

Meh.
Politically he has some strengths but all that he's known for in the mainstream is pretty shit.

Still do not understand this board's love for Trump.

He goes against the narrative here and there. Especially the political correctness. To an extent, though.

>The difference is axiomatic, not simply on the level of detail. Existence of God is as simply proven as oneself proves oneself.

But as you said, an atheist would tell you he believes in god because a lie is the same to them. Hence you would never have a reason to beleive that another person actually believes in god.

All statements are not false by definition. All humans lie. Certain religions make their followers lie, certain demand never to do so.

>an atheist would tell you he believes in god because a lie is the same to them
Indeed, which is why there have been atheist popes. Highly corrupt ones, too.

Tree is known by its fruit. - an ancient wisdom. Atheist don't breed, and if they were honest to themselves, everything would be arbitrary to them. All "meaning" they see follows from that, hence they don't feel the same horror a Christian might. But it is only because they start their world view by lying to themselves.

You can't create values. You can only claim.