Dropped $150 to get this RG .38 special. It feels really sturdy and in great shape...

Dropped $150 to get this RG .38 special. It feels really sturdy and in great shape. I don't care too much for the plastic grips though. I haven't fired it yet, but it seems like it will hold pretty well. What do you guys think? Did I make a wise choice? Anyone else ever own and fire off one of these?

Other urls found in this thread:

rohmrg38s.weebly.com/
defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/140829-taurus-pt92-piece-junk.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Murrica

better than nothing

great gun for concealed carry, I loved mine but gave it to my grandma because she's afraid of black people

Any problems you ever have with firing or functionality? I've read some not so tasteful reviews but I also know how gun snobs can be.

no experience with an RG, not even sure what it is. .38 isn't bad, +P would be a little better, but not much. load it up with some hornady criticals. if it's a standard cylinder layout and grip frame, get a couple of speed loaders and a hogue grip. i don't personally like the none shrouded ejector, but that doesn't matter. get a holster, don't carry it in you pocket without one. practice dry fire to get used to the trigger, that is probably a heavy pull. and clean the SOB, a cheap handgun like that probably hasn't ever seen a cleaning

Thanks for the input. Any specific cleaning kit I should look for? I was reading that +P might be a bit much for this gun. And also it has a pin that unscrews to get the cylinder out

>Murrica
if you had packs of crazed drug addled niggers roaming your streets blazing gunfire, you might want to protect yourself and your family as well. or maybe not.

If you didn't purchase it from a dealer you ought to be wrapping the grip and rear frame in friction tape, then roughing up the rest of the surfaces enough that they won't hold a print. Clean is well while wearing gloves, keep it in a ziplock. Now you have a reasonable drop gun or disposable piece.

This is the only reasonable use for an RG or any RoF pistol.

oh jeez, i didn't notice that. so you have to pull the ejector pin just to swing the cylinder out? who the fuck designed that? forget speed loaders, that's like SAA design, you might as well load rounds individually. hope you don't need more than 5 bangs. seriously, i've never seen a modern double action revolver like that. is that actually an ejector rod or does it just mount the cylinder at the barrel?

oh look, the gay gun for faggots and cheap drugdealers

>pic related: classic semi-auto male gun for cis straight men, easier to carry than an assault rifle

I wouldn't remove the cylinder from a revolver unless you're certain you won't fuck up the timing. Use the cheapest kit you can find that has nylon brushes, brass/copper/steel will be too much for the pot metal that revolver is made from. Hoppes is a fine solvent at a reasonable price, but really anything is going to work well enough for a revolver.

Don't be a snob, sometimes people's funds are limited and EVERY safe should have room for an insurance policy piece. Life happens, OP is getting into an incredible hobby, don't be a jagoff.

yeah, don't run +P in anything that isn't marked for it. any cheapo pocket kit will work with that. hell, you could probably get away with pulling a piece of rope soaked in soapy water. do get a can of break free, that's good shit for cheap

As long as it fires fine, looks like a good little gun for a decent price.

Nice. Great price too.

So it isn't a modern pistol at all. Rhom used to design these in the 60s to the 80s I think. The company was based out of Germany. And yeah, its an ejector rod, its a pretty unconventional way of reloading. I can't imagine I'll be in a situation where I'd need it before I can upgrade. I just figured it'd be better than nothing until I can afford a more reliable firearm.

Second. Cheap guns aren't necessarily bad, but you should always recognize them for what they are. The last thing you want is a Zamak alloy pistol blowing up in your hand because you put something into it that it wasn't designed to use.

Revolvers are very reliable. They never jam

Well said. Its my first legally purchased firearm and for the price I think it was a good choice.

Awesome I'll see what I can find. Thanks for the solid advice user

If 150 is what you had, you did well for it. Just keep in mind that its not a gun you want to shoot often and that, at some point, its best use is likely to be something you leave next to a guy you thought had a gun.

Thanks user, I'm not planning on even taking it to the range more than maybe a couple times. I just wanna make sure it functions and keep as a nightstand piece or maybe a truck piece.

I has sum gunz.

Nice gun for home defense.

Are you gonna share?

Love the mk18 looking one, is it in 300blk? Maybe what I'm being stupid, im no expert

Make sure you keep it clean as they tend to get a lot of soot buildup around where the barrel meets the cylinder. Not the guns fault, but most .38 is what I'd describe as dirty ammo. Combine that with unburnt powder distribution on any revolver and you'll see that it requires good cleaning after every use.

I went for a S&W .357 magnum double action with a 6" barrel. Can shoot .38, but the .357 is much cleaner and the longer barrel means more accuracy. It's also my EDC and reason why I have a man purse though.

Be forewarned, that gun is made of zinc and will lose cylinder timing pretty rapidly

I am only 1gun user, I need more. Can haz?

can you not buy an oversize cylinder stop for RG's

that's a great gun for the price. well done

Sorry but what will bad cylinder timing entail? Not baiting, just new to guns

I have one too

38 is very reliable, good home protection

No, dez muh gunz.

Nifty little carry gun. I love it, lot of people on /k/ gave me shit for it, but I've no problem with mine.

the cylinder holes will no longer perfectly align with the forcing cone and bad things will happen when you pull the trigger

You must be drowning in pussy.

The ar pistol? it's just in 5.56mm. I feed her well with a magpul D60. Folds up too. Great little backpack gun.

same. got well over a thousand rounds through it. no issues so far. also got shit for it but a lot of them do recognize that despite taurus' terrible QC in the past, they did this one right. and I only paid 200 clams for it. 2 double stacked mags. very happy with it my man

He’s a cuck, he definitely wants them to break into his house and rape his family so he can raise the niggers children user

Flag is backwards retard

Shit that's nice... being the retard I am I thought it was suppressed in the picture... and these mags don't jam?

why is this gun so expensive?

Not for many years. But always fuck the chubbies. They are more fun, grateful for attention and don't care if your dick is huge or small, just give them a hard fucking.

Now for me you see. I ate this food. It was sweet and beautiful and everyone wanted a piece. But for me, eating from this caloric castle, my access to, and even desire to have sex evaporated as my wife gained 75lbs. Wedding cake will kill the love of pussy.

Good to see that the Garand get the place of honor at the front of the group.

Stars face forward.
Are you that dumb?

Gunfag here. With a revolver a good way to check for simple mechanical failures is to chamber a round, put the barrel right to your head behind your ear and pull back the hammer a bit and let it go (don't pull the trigger) and listen for a good solid tapping sound.

I miss the good old days of Sup Forums where I didn't need to say this but nobody actually do that, it will kill you and somebody is bound to be stupid enough.

K.

Why the U.S. Flag Is Worn Backward on Army Uniforms and Weapons - Army Regulation 670-1, Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia, is the governing authority for how Army uniforms are worn. Specifically, paragraph 28-18 governs the wear of the United States Flag on Army Uniforms.

Specifically, the regulation states that: "All Soldiers will wear the full-color U.S. flag embroidered insignia on utility and organizational uniforms unless deployed or in a field environment.

Soldiers will wear the subdued tactical flag insignia while deployed or in a field environment." The subdued tactical flag worn on deployments or in the field features muted colors.

The Official Reason for the Backwards American Flag: 1861, union officers decided to make the flag look as though the flag is charging forward into battle. Never retreat.

Damn right Ms Betty gets the spotlight.

Why the fuck would you buy a firearm without trying it on the range first?

I'm a very liberal Canadian with who is on the spectrum with bad anxiety and depression. I've gone to the range before...It's a lot of fun!! I want to own my own handgun but the gubbment will probably never let me because of mental health history :(

Nope. USMC is using them with their M-27 IAR, replacement for the M249 SAW/MK46

http: //soldiersystems.net/2017/02/10/usmc-begins-process-to-issue-m27-iar-to-every-rifleman-issues-rfi-to-industry/

>2018
>No plasma rifles or rail projectors

Get on my level skrub

all metal best metal
fuck polymers

Ha! I feel like choosing weapons for an army is a cycle between getting special weapons for special roles and then going back to giving everyone an all-use weapon (at least since the appearance of the intermediate cartridge)

More like drowning in his dad's cum.

Dude.... I have never seen anyone buy an RG on purpose holy fuck. That thing WILL blow up in your hand soon. You could have just gotten a Hipoint at that price point or a Taurus. Im fucking triggered i dont care.

And if you're not in the Army this shouldn't apply to you. AR670-1 is a joke anyway. Black female junior enlisted never follow it with their nappy ass hair flying behind them like a fucking small dog attached to their neck and us non black males(hispanics, whites) get fucked for having a hair out of place or phased out yet still acceptable uniform (see UCP vs OCP).

Can't wait for the pinks and greens tho

Most of these memes are cringe af but this one get me. Who the fuck advertises that they have no way to defend their family?

And the dumbass logic of "citizens against violence" as a name. Like violence is something you can opt out of like a game of tag on the playground.

"No Tyrone stop raping my daughter at gunpoint. We don't allow violence in this house, clearly you missed the sign out front? What's that? My wife next? Okay, go sit on his dick honey I'm working on a nonviolent solution."

M4A1 for life. Something really revolutionary would need to happen to put that beautiful bitch into retirement. M855A1 and maybe a simple gas piston system, on a mlok rail, but it's still just a Eugene Stoner AR at heart.

hey guize can I post here?

I cant stand the hair that black chicks get away with in uniform. Yet Ill get yelled at if my boots get dirty at the motorpool.

Pinks and motherfuckin GREEEEEENS! Hooah.

I cant wait!

Maybe they do have guns and they're just baiting the niggers?

Poorfag here. All I've got is a winchester model 74 :( it'll still make an intruder very dead but it'll be a total fucking mess since it'll probably take a few rounds to get there.

I should leave a sign up "my gun will kill you very slowly plz no niggery"

No one fucks with the hoochie black bitches. But none of them are going to the NCO Academy either. ShamShield4lyfe.

Every night he leaves a bucket of KFC in the lap of a realdoll made up to look like a 14 year old girl with pigtails, madea's family reunion playing on repeat on the living room tv...

Then he sets up in the backyard with a good view of the living room and the waiting starts...

rohmrg38s.weebly.com/

Never heard of an RG. $150 is mighty cheap. I'm happier buying S&W wheel guns.

Go buy a Taurus PT92. You can thank me later.

Inb4 "reeee muh racism make half of all officers trans wymyn POC now bigots!"

What shape are the internals in? Also never buy a used gun which you haven’t seen fired.

Ehhh almost user.
Shoulda put
> but a man cutting thinking he is a woman so he can justify cutting his penis off is perfectly normal!

No one gives a fuck about how you dress. But dude, a snip of the dick is not healthy in any capacity.

Apparently you've never heard of rohm revolvers.

and if you call them on their shit they go straight to the csm calling discrimination.

awwww yissss

now they need to bring back the spc rank structure so you can have rank without being an NCO.

I think you're a beta who is not physical enough, smart enough, or charismatic enough to handle things on his own and has to hide behind a gun. In other words, you're a pussy.

defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-guns/140829-taurus-pt92-piece-junk.html should I disregard stuff like this?

And you underestimate my poorfaggery user, I bought my 74 because the guy at the gun store felt bad that state law prohibits selling a handgun to a non-resident of the state and the revolver I wanted (it was trash, like 100$ and barely worth that) so he marked the rifle down from 200 to 100 because I told him it was my first gun and he liked my politics after a quick chat.

I basically got it for a steal, would trade it for a reliable handgun in a heartbeat if I could.

actually they do tho.
Because their black and black retention is horrible they "promote ahead of peers".

They may fail at land nav, pt tests, and give sass to everyone they always get that sgt.

yeah, but they won´t use drum mags because they jam too easily lol

No one has ever accidentally killed themselves or their dog by wearing a dress. Out of all the gun owners I know only a handful are truly responsible with them. I’ve been muzzle sweeped, I’ve seen people hunting while drunk, I’ve seen people fire into the brush simply because they saw movement. I think we need to teach gun safety. You don’t have to take a class to own a gun. This is disturbing.

>Nog kicks your door in, brandishing a shitty 9mm

"Wrong house african american gentleman! I'll have you know I'm well versed in the martial ways and-"

>He shoots you

Good plan user, no situation ever calls for a gun /s

Never said we didn’t own tasers, baseball bats and knives.

RG is okay stuff, not the deal of the century or anything but a decent price, you didn't get raped or anything.

It'll do it's job for sure. You can get a nice rubber over grip from Hogue if you're not big on the plastic.

Faggot detected

You don't have to take a class to exercise any of your other rights, and you shouldn't have to because they're inalienable. What's disturbing is that people like you think that our rights are contingent on what they deem is ok use of them.

Smart huh?
"You can shoot me then rape my daughter but first you must solve my riddle." *Drops a perplexing motherfucker on him*
>Nig's head explodes into mist

Charismatic hm?
"Hey man stop robbing my house. We should be friends." *Winning smile*
>Nog drops gun and you enjoy tyler perry movies together, friends for life then on

Meanwhile, in the real world...

Yes, because that happens SO much more than accidental deaths with firearms. (Backed by a New England Journal of Medicine report).

But, even then, in home invasion (in which deaths are VERY rare), statistics have shown that gun owners die more frequently than non-gun owners.

He kicks your door open holding a gun. You grab yours and before you can lift it he shoots you 9 times, because he saw a gun.

Do you also believe in license requirements for having kids or a license for free speech?

Because both of those things cause bigger problems but nobody with half a brain would think it's acceptable to go authoritarian with them.

I'm sorry, the "real world?" How often are you face to face with a rapist in the middle of somebody raping your daughter? Fuck dude, who is in the fantasy world. More people are saved knowing the Heimlich maneuver than by brandishing a gun at a rapist.

a 22 is just gonna piss an african bull nigger off

Agreed, studies have shown that licensed guns purchased for "protection" are used for domestic violence than for protection from a criminal.

That, dear friends, is the "real world." Not some macho-white-knight bullshit fantasy.