There should be no NHL teams below this line

There should be no NHL teams below this line.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TJtiepwpKFw
glacierbayalaska.com/rainforest-of-southeast-alaska/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw my bloos stay

I like this map

The Dallas suburbs are full of rich white families that have kids that play hockey

My friends works 60 hours a week at UPS and puts every dollar he has into ice time and lessons for his 9 year old

Doesn't matter, it's manufactured culture.

Dallas, Cali, Nashville, Tampa are all okay

Add Seattle, Quebec City, maybe Salt Lake

Let the Caps stay. Plenty of ice in DC. Other than that, agreed.

>manufactured culture
That means literally anything that has expanded from the very location it was conceptualized is manufactured. Not state, not town, but the very house.

Your argument is shit

No

Any city that doesn't have a lake that freezes over in winter where kids play hockey should not have an NHL team

That's fucking stoopid. Welcome to 2017 where we can build indoor rinks and play year round.

Friendly reminder Auston Matthews came from AZ

No, it means most people in Dallas didn't give two shits about hockey until the NHL found it to be a useful market for its owners and plopped a team on your shithole town.

Agree that the rule of thumb should be if you can't theoretically skate outside at any given point you shouldn't have a team

And now it is popular and the sport has grown, you mong

You know why Salt Lake's lake doesn't freeze, right? Hint: its in the name.

You can build indoor rinks but you will never understand true hockey culture.

The league is also suffering from a talent void. Remove all teams under my line, consolidate talent to remaining teams, add a team in Seattle and Quebec, then call it a day.

>live in north
>move south
>have no place to play hockey

half the people in southern states are northern transplants and a lot enjoy hockey m8

So it has expanded in a way which you consider to be "unnatural?"
What's the natural way? The ideal way.
How does one grow an idea or business in that way?

>leaving out cold-weather areas without proper terrain for lakes
There are no lakes near Pittsburgh, should we get rid of the Pens?

This is some retarded logic. So a kid that grew up in Michigan and moves to Texas at 13 should completely remove himself from the "hockey culture" because his dad found a better job?

"Growth" isn't my goal, and it shouldn't be yours either unless you're a team owner.

The amount of entertainment any league can offer becomes, at some point, inversely proportional to the number of teams participating.

>the league is suffering a talent void
It is?
How so?
the standard teams 3rd pairings and 4th liners aren't good enough and they need to fuck off? That's what "talent void" means here, and you have absolutely no basis for even saying there is a talent void in the first place.

I watched the Wild play over 80 games this season. Watched UND Fighting Sioux play 15 games.
Maybe you're just casual scum.

>t. just started watching hockey 3 years ago

If you can't see how abysmal 90% of third and fourth line players are today compared ti a decade or two ago, that's your problem not mine.

>a few kids got dragged around by their dad
>can move when theyre 18
>lets ruin the league with sun belt teams to accommodate preteens and jewbag owners

I could literally skate circles around your stupid fucking ass, I've won a Minnesota high school hockey championship. I have TJ Oshies brother on my Xbox friends. I snapchat with 2 AHL players I grew up with.

>UND Fighting Sioux
That name is offensive and problematic. Please report to a reeducation camp at once.

Seattle, Oregon, Quebec, Hartford, and New Hampshire should all get teams under this idea.

no one cares about hockey

Cool resumé bro

Imagine how comfy the league would be.

Enough to grind your stupid ass "point" to dust. Fucking retard.
[Spoiler]No[/spoiler]

You didn't prove anything other than that you play video games and like to namedrop. Nobody cares faggot.

>get more kids to play hockey by expanding the game
>more talent to go around

you've presented zero good arguments for hockey not being country wide

anyone who actually loves the game would want to see more people play and enjoy the sport

im from the north and most of us hate you cold weather elitists

Let the Caps, Lighting and Kings, stay.

Maybe the stars

Looks like we have a "talent void" in people that know anything about hockey. Starting with you.

.... you're agreeing with me, dumbdumb

kings and caps, yes. The caps are fun to laugh at.

I disagree. the ideal NHL IMHO.

You barged into the thread angry and never really said anything. Come back when you're untriggered.

kino, zero leaf teams

>There can be a nhl team in a small city on the arizona utah border

I only care if you made All-State hockey hair tourney team 2bh.

how can Seattle not have an NHL team? seems fucking perfect for one
>cold as shit
>full of white people
>they like sports

>I've won a Minnesota high school hockey championship
actually quite impressive if true. almost as good as a Massachusetts high school hockey championship.

Canadians are literally seething

The perfect league:

>Boston Bruins
>Buffalo Sabres
>Calgary Flames
>Chicago Blackhawks
>Colorado Avalanche
>Columbus Blue Jackets
>Detroit Red Wings
>Edmonton Oilers
>Hartford Whalers
>Minnesota Wild
>Montreal Canadiens
>New Hampshire
>New Jersey Devils
>New York Islanders
>New York Rangers
>Ottawa Senators
>Oregon
>Quebec Nordiques
>Philadelphia Flyers
>Pittsburgh Penguins
>Seattle
>St Louis Blues
>Toronto Maple Leafs
>Vancouver Canucks
>Washington Capitals
>Winnipeg Jets

It's really not that cold in seattle

bait

colder than florida and southern CA

>Heartford
>New Hampshire
>Oregon

could never support NHL teams and compete financially

He said "cold as shit," not true faggot

Agree there should be no southern teams though

yeah, it is bait, but it's also true

still baiting

Map showing potential replacement cities if you out out warm weather areas.

Fuck that is uncomfortable to look at.

I'm from Tennessee, and I agree wholeheartedly. Fuck the Preds, their lameass name and their gayass Nashville fanbase

t. Aaron from Skokie Illinois

Do kids even play on frozen lakes anymore? I don't think I've ever seen it, and I live on the Great Lakes. It's probably more common out in the sticks. Even ice skating, I've only seen that on an outdoor rink downtown.

Hockey culture originated from the north and has been around longer here so of course it's going to be stronger. Not because there's no frozen lakes to play on in the south. Since this invention called air conditioning it can be played and become popular anywhere.

>How to make sure your league goes belly up: the post

>Muh culture

This is literally Navy Seal: Hockey Edition

Florida is NOT ok. Pure cancer fans

I get that Brendan Shanahan is a cunt & fucked us out the league.

I get that downtown Hartford is ugly & dangerous & the "stadium" was an eye sore.

I get that people never filled the shit hole to respect levels, let alone capacity.

youtube.com/watch?v=TJtiepwpKFw

>lets ruin the league with sun belt teams to accommodate preteens and jewbag owners

The owners are the league you dumb fuck. You don't accommodate them, they do whatever they want with their teams which comprise their league which you watch because you have nothing better to do.

>moving from St. Louis to Kansas City
Is the elevation gain really that significant?

>North elite fags want their game to grow less and be broadcasted EVEN less, to the point it dies
Dumbfuck.

Nevada has a lot of youth hockey, surprisingly.

WAHHHHH I'M A FAGGOT AND CAN'T ENJOY POSTING STORIES OF ME WEARING MY DUCK JERSEY AS I SHOW UP FOR THE LAST 2 MINUTES OF GAMES.
I'll be happy when normies fuck off my sport.

no cause it's dangerous as fuck, unless it's basically a glorified pond

Ever walk out on ice? maybe in places like Wyoming and in the mountains and all, but I grew up in NJ and few years on a lake in PA and not a chance I was doing that shit

If "normies" fuck off from "your" sport, then the market will be dead, and you'll be back on ESPN8 until the winter olympics roll around.

>Friendly reminder Auston Matthews came from AZ
plays like it, too

MN here.
I agree.
if you don't know winter, you don't know hockey.

fuck you Texas we will never forgive you for stealing the North Stars

>nhl
>national hockey league
>some teams from canada

>normies
>my sport

*cringe*

Canada needs more teams I agree
every province should have atleast 1 team

take the teams away from the US states that don't know winter and give them to Canada

My friends just put rocks around in a field and filled it up with water and waited a few hours.

1. Dallas is good people.
2. your arguement is a cousin of the you-have-to-support-the-team-from-the-town-you-were-born-in idiocy that the Euros always push. I tmakes a little more sense for them, but no sense for the manly folk of North America*.

*real North America, not the fake-o geographic one that includes Mexico. Seriously, what does Mexico have in common with Canada or the US?

>Canada needs more teams I agree
Saskatchewan support their football team like crazy, they' be a great small-market pick

'chel should be confined to Canada and US states that are cold in winter only

warm places have no place in the league

and yet

Deserts, mountains, and tropical climates. Canada and US both have all of those.

>your arguement is a cousin of the you-have-to-support-the-team-from-the-town-you-were-born-in idiocy that the Euros always push. I tmakes a little more sense for them, but no sense for the manly folk of North America*.

the rule is, you support the team that is closest to where you live, or you are a faggot. if you move, you can still support your original team, but you are still rightly considered a faggot by the locals

Makes sense

For adults, maybe, but adults are kids first, and a kid in Vancouver likes Pittsburgh because Crosby plays for the Penguins. You're going to indoctrinate a 7-year-old?

Canada has 1 desert, no tropical climate (Vancouver is in BC's temerate rainforest) and about a billion mountains.

Huh. I thought that Alaska and the Yukon shared a rain forest. My bad.

players don't matter
you support the closest team or ur a fgt

if players mattered, I couldn't support my team because half are from Finland or Canada

fine, if a player you like gets traded, you can root for him secondarily, but you still support the local team or faggot

Why do people hate the Stors :(

Keep LA and DC, everything else can go to canada/seattle/hartford/milwaukee

absolutely not.

especially LA they just got TWO (2) NFL teams. what the fuck? fuck that place

>When Seattle finally gets a team and starts a blood feuds with the c--ucks

I don't trust Seattle or Portland to have a team

they would probably complain about there not being enough "people of color" on the team

Canada doesnt have tropical climates you dumb motherfucker

neither does the USA
you dumb motherfucker

my roomie sells season tix for the stars to idiots like that guy. he makes decent money, enough to go to uptown every weekend and blow 300 bucks. hockey is niche, I don't get the love in texas. it's just yuppies in dallas as far as i'm concerned

i'm a former country fag.

glacierbayalaska.com/rainforest-of-southeast-alaska/
They bleed into the Yukon. Apologize.

TEXAS WE WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU

I don't care if the Wild don't get the cup, I just want the carpetbagger Stars to lose. you don't even know what snow is. duck you right in the anus

sincerely, Minnesota

>especially LA they just got TWO (2) NFL teams
well they really only needed the raiders but the nfl owners are cucks determined to make the davis family suffer eternally. anyways, it's called being a large population center, shitpost all you want about LA fans but the nhl benefits from one team in the entertainment capital of the world

>Canadian team hasn't won since 1993.
>Teams below line have more cups combined than Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, and Winnipeg

That's a temperate rain forest you faggot. Not the same as a tropical rain forest.

>the propaganda capitol of the world

fixed

I'm sorry that your suburban midwest town isn't as culturally relevant as LA, but that's no reason to lash out.

There shouldn't be any furpuck teams below this line