Yo, so I'm a complete noob to metal music. I like For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica...

Yo, so I'm a complete noob to metal music. I like For Whom the Bell Tolls by Metallica, and I like this album too (even though I know it's not metal), but I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out with an introduction to the genre.

I don't like screaming. I prefer faster tempos. What do you guys think I should listen to?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc
youtube.com/watch?v=PUDvRdDMc8k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_rock
youtube.com/watch?v=S0kTkxhyWNo
youtube.com/watch?v=0DSLIEY_a7E&t=152s
boris.bandcamp.com/album/pink-deluxe-edition
youtu.be/r9bzmbnA7vk
youtu.be/YsKgltFHIEY
youtu.be/5t_5MEME6UU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>i like babies first metal band and a rock band that isnt metal

after you kill yourself listen to this i guess

youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

Pretty much everything by Iron Maiden except their 90s stuff

>i don't like screaming

why are you trying to get into metal

I like loud stuff.

Listen to Elder they're good af

If you're not as much into 10 minute songs maybe it's not your thing though, and that's fine.

heres a few entry level classics
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Dio - Holy Diver
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Melvins - Bullhead
the last 2 are good if you want really fucking loud guitars, first 2 are the pinnacle of (mainstream) 80s metal

so turn your volume up you dope

Eh, on the right track, but I want something faster.

Holy hot damn this is fucking awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=PUDvRdDMc8k
try this

Look dude if your asking for metal with no screaming you are either a fucking moron or a troll

uhhhh can i get some rap with out the rhyming?

You know what you want, you want hard rock, not metal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_rock

youtube.com/watch?v=S0kTkxhyWNo

I've heard and liked the first two. I just listened to the last two and I'm really liking Dopethrone.

:^)

There's been several people in this thread who have given me metal without screaming and it's really good, so either you don't know much about metal, or you're a troll.

Either way, you've been absolutely useless to me and obviously don't know much about metal, so why don't you go find another thread or kill yourself?

By the way, here's your rap without rhyming, faggot.

youtube.com/watch?v=0DSLIEY_a7E&t=152s

That opening track would be perfect if they kept the same tempo with the drums from the very beginning.

very powerful vocals and limited amounts of screaming. also try to check out black sabbath’s master of reality.

Holy shit, thank you!

honestly how the fuck you gonna start this thread saying u dont know shit about metal and dont like the screaming (and honestly just keep listening it'll grow on you) and then critique a band from a genre you know nothing about lmao

Judas Priest is essential. Also Rainbow.

Let me add that quick little qualifier, 'in my opinion.'

If you like King Gizz and want to check out something more metal without harsh vocals, Boris should be right up your alley. Here's some to start with

boris.bandcamp.com/album/pink-deluxe-edition
youtu.be/r9bzmbnA7vk
youtu.be/YsKgltFHIEY
youtu.be/5t_5MEME6UU

D.R.I. - Thrash Zone

you'll like it

bmp.

DUDE
SICK
RIFFS
IM SO HIGH LMAO

Oh Sees