youtube.com/watch?v=AhBuAxprWDI

soundcloud.com/saxoncasi

l

xxxtentacion

Jedi Mind Tricks Violent by Design

the infamous, this guy knows

youtube.com/watch?v=pu4UG8uLHZ8

RIP

If you listen to anything else, you are a hardcore faggot.

First "old school" rapper I really got into.

Go out blastin taking ma enemies with me, if not, they scarred so theyll neva forget me

Also, when I heard Dance with the Devil-Immortal Technique, I fell in love. Great story telling rap

The sickest, illest, baddest fucking rapper there ever was was Bangs
youtube.com/watch?v=byNlqUFddeo
He shits on everyone in the rap game for all time!

was going to say Mobb Deep, but you know your shit. Ice Cube, Dr Dre and early Snoop Dogg were also amazing. Shame hip hop now is not as it was back then

youtube.com/watch?v=KkQ9splhEU0

youtu.be/2TN-kDEKxF0

youtube.com/watch?v=pJk0p-98Xzc

DJ Jazzy Jeff & the Fresh Prince, Slick Rick, Mos Def, Run DMC, Beastie Boys...

I see you and raise

youtube.com/watch?v=z5iiEtFL69I

Snoop is the original Weezy. Once you get past his unique deliver, there's just no real meat on the bone cause the dude has zero to say.

Boogie Down Production, Nas, Lil Kim, De La Soul, the Roots...

Lil Kim? Man...I don't think she holds up.

Boogie Down Production is some serious OG shit.

I you like Mobb Deep check out Big L and AZ

Maybe just nostalgia

This is the only real hip hop album in this thread. The rest is just children pretending to listen to edgy music.

Maybe not god tier but I think they tend to get overlooked at times.

youtube.com/watch?v=qMnTawcUZLQ

Kool Keith is a good one. His shit with Ultramagnetic MCs is pretty classic old school New York hip hop and then he pivots in the 90s with Dr. Octagon catching the beginning of Dan the Automator's production run.

You're saying listening to nas is being edgy? LOL

You ain't a gangsta unless you listen to Common MUTHAFUCKA!

What years are oldschool

For speeding down the highway

youtube.com/watch?v=phOW-CZJWT0

Pretty sure old school these days is just anything before The Blueprint.

I would say 80s - mid 90s but that's me

real niggas know....

I'd agree, 80s-90s

no niggers allowed

GOAT
fuck all these old rappers

I mean...to me it's anything pre-Chronic/Wu Tang, but yeah, I'm just speaking more to what kids these days think of as old school.

Didn't Pac burned these bitches in Hit 'Em Up?

For life player

underrated post. people still do chopped and screwed remixes 30 years later we just call it Vaporwave now

This!

How old are you? I'm 20 and most of my friends don't know shit about old school lol

It's Wu muthafucka's Wu-Tang muthafucka's!
Re-United/Triumph ya heard?

Illmatic is still one of the best rap albums ever hand down. Can't be outside of the top 10 in any discuasion. Midnight marauders by tribe is a hit. Black on both sides. The infamous, which was already posted, is one of my favorites.

It's shame he's only remembered for one song.

youtube.com/watch?v=l_F76ySzk48

That's a solid album

Yeah I posted God's son but meant really most of Nas old shit. Very rugged, especially in his days of beef with Jay Z

Also, I'm very partial to ny. Always thought they produced the dopest hiphop

Early 30s. Way too old to be posting here.

Spent my 20s listening to basically whatever I could get my hands on, whatever genre it was. Not as dedicated to it as I used to be though.

I know jay gets alot of love as he should, but nas is much iller, if you will

Yes agreed, but they are both legends and have put their time in the game for sure. I mean Jay is still making music

The originator! Grey tapes > everything else

kool G,freddie foxxx,gangstarr,rakim,royce59,ODB.black moon,O.G.C,nine,FameMOP,Lady of rage,Nas.tha LOX,alchemist,diamond D,Lord finesse, Kool herc,G.master flash,Defari,Masta ace,AZ,Phi life cypher, O.C.biggie and pac etc etc..

Nah man I don't think too old, helps with bringing up good music!

Jay just has better taste in collaborators.

2 Live Crew. Thank you for everyone's first amendment rights.

youtube.com/watch?v=u6VTj7LhCtE

Early 30s ain't shit on me. Pushing 40.

Well, when I was in my 20s, guys in their 30s helped turn me onto shit like Keith Murray, Pharcyde and KRS-One. So you pass it on.

I miss the old music blogs though. Not as many of those guys posting.

Haha...you were the right age for hip hop turning into rap then. I was still too young to get it while it was happening

lemme teach you motherfuckers

True. I just remember listening to 2nd childhood on the subway the morning before my friend died. And I knew it had some kind of meaning. Ever since that day nas was one of my favs. And ever since that day I tried to be a better person

Okay guys, is it weird for a hard core conservative to like hip hop?

I remember running home from school to catch Yo! MTV Raps with Dr. Dre and Ed Lover.

Yeah that's crazy man , wish he would drop some more music though. His last album was alright

I found out about Nas and Immortal Technique through YouTube...nobody even showed me them lol its a shame. Wish more people respected the old school

Last I heard from him was "the season" which was dope and he had a verse on triple beams dreams which was a little while back. You're right though man would love for him to come back

I grew up in Dallas so for me it was Flava TV late night on channel 27. I wasn't even really into rap back then because I just didn't know. So my entry point was sort of No Limit and Dungeon Family shit transitioning into the Southern takeover.

Still have a hard time giving Houston rap credit because, like I said, I'm from Dallas.

youtube.com/watch?v=_azDENy6FD0

Youtube is pretty fucking great too though. You just don't get the same kind of context from talking to people who were around when something was released...or at least you don't get a person's individual view of something.

But tonight, while I've been dicking around online and posting in this thread, I've looked up Ultramagnetic Mc's "Funky" which is sort of the prequel to "California Love". Anyway, I just youtube takeover and it's been a great old school playlist.

Right now, EPMD's "It's My Thing" is playing.

I grew up in SC so it was just what was on cable and MTV. Since you mentioned Dallas:

youtube.com/watch?v=77S83RpfxQE

Fair game.

youtube.com/watch?v=LXVCw5cM2tA

Jesus fucking Christ...I haven't seen that video in YEARS.

Great post man...thanks.

Bruh yes

Yeah man I completely agree I think an individual view helps a lot. For me at least, the comments on old shit helps too lol sometimes there are suggestions. But I'm going to check out Ultramagmetic Mc, never heard anything from that.

youtube.com/watch?v=6fyBncuJfsM

You're welcome. I remember riding around in a friend's Ford Probe and blasting Nemesis. He had a pair of 12s in the hatch. Nemesis sort of slips under the radar at times.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yt0aHozATLY

youtube.com/watch?v=eiWClZrJSZY
youtube.com/watch?v=N58TYv7Vt3A
youtube.com/watch?v=F07Vlc2NnZ8

you might be in the wrong thread

A unearthed gem, typical NY 90's shit

youtube.com/watch?v=_KQWrWtLahg

youtube.com/watch?v=sKIlAB0_K8s

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxni-FM-UVA

youtube.com/watch?v=HC9yRE0P6uM&list=PLeJd6YAMag71wuCs-C-5n33aDpWVzQCMH

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xMJZHrG_94