Why is the fetishization of New York City so common among Europeans?

Why is the fetishization of New York City so common among Europeans?

It's big and important - the cultural center of an empire.

Because of TV shows and movies.
Some of the buildings are also mind blowing tall and worth a look I guess, we don't have cities like that here.

The superhero movies most likely.

Most European big cities are too protective of their skylines and also have building height limits. They almost feel like sprawling villages compared to cities full of huge skyscrapers like Jew York. Tokyo is 10 time better at that though. :^)

Chicago best skyscraper skyline t'bh

Movies and shows.
Also it's pretty much one of the 2 walkable cities in the US. And very wealthy. It used to look futuristic in the 80s and 90s with all the skyscrapers etc.

Right now though it starts looking old, places like Singapore, Shanghai, Tokyo etc are much shinier, but hey're filled with chinks speaking chink languages so we're stuck with NY.

nah, it's NY

but so many shooters

movies, also all those communities in just one place (chinatown, Harlem, El Barrio) makes it very international, definitely would visit again, probably next year when I'll be going to chicago for a year and a half to build a new building they are projecting now.

24/7 subway and commuter train is incredible. its the city that never sleeps.

Not Euro, but I want to visit.
It's walkable but filled with skyscrapers, too modern, different cultures, lots of things going on etc..

NYC is a shithole

That is an amazing balcony

I thought subways were open 24/7 everywhere because of movies depicting NYC.

It's not even american
It's literally foreign and has been for more than a century

>ywn wear a leather jacket, a baseball cap and some jeans every day, eat at a little ethnic hot dog stand and solve your traffic problems with strangers by shouting at them but never resorting to violence
>ywn live in a tiny little apartment which you'll visit only to sleep in because you'll spend 15 hours in a day at work and the rest at dinner in typical New York Ukrainian /Ethiopian/Thai resturants

Amerifat, you do favor pls

kill me now pls

Is it really a shithole or it it just a """shithole""" which backwards provincials say its a shithole because they're jealous and can only afford to live in shit parts

like people make fun of london but its amazing

bascially this

They're jealous Commifornians probably living in Smog Angeles

It is a shithole but a shithole with culture and full of life. Similar to Berlin.

Slovenia is a much more beautiful and healthy place than NYC, trust me. It's basically a taller shittier version of London

i wish. in montreal they run the metro all night twice a year, once on new years and the other on la nuit blanche

It's not a terrible place, but it really isn't all that exciting. Its residents also think very highly of themselves.

t. Someone who lives twenty minutes away.

NYC a shit
love HK and SG

Who financed all that?

(((Who))) indeed?

Just kidding, I'm not a Sup Forumstard. It was probably literally financed by Jews though.

>London
>amazing
indeed, there is nothing more incredible than paying three quarters of your wage to live in a shoebox, choking on smog, paying £30 for a sandwich, getting harassed by tourists, mugged by niggers and stabbed by allahu ackbars

>mugged by niggers and stabbed by allahu ackbars
I was with you until this part. Now I assume you're just being an edgy memelord.

jew york is a fucking third world

literally modern day rotting babylon

I'd escape if I lived there

Figure 1

will be there next year with a great project using KRION, we will be starting the project in a few weeks when we finish a project in Israel.

*gets run over by the multicultural mobile*

That's funny, considering how many Poles have escaped Poland just to get to NYC. Still, though, I feel you. I wouldn't want to live there either. I'm in Seattle and I like it here but it's about as much of a sardine can as I would ever want to deal with. NYC would be too much.

>Poles

scratch a pole find a jew

and theyre usually the worse kind of jews too, the bolshevism spreading kind.

Burger here. At Uni and all the Europoors do nothing but shit on the US (rightfully so desu.) but even the most lefty-SJW europoors I know would give their right arm for a US visa and fucking love NYC. I dont know why though its a fucking shit hole. Its dirty and for a city so big its actually boring. Oh and its full of New Yorkers.

It's the spiritual heart of the free world.

oh yeah thansk for reminding me,

thats the place terrorists attacked freedom on that horrible horrible day

because more big ethnic cock for them to succ

Not just Europeans. I dream of it too. It's THE city. A true megapolis.

Went to New York once, didn't really like it.

Too much trash in the streets that made everything smell, everything is expensive and the city is too loud as well.

2/10 would not go back

Yes "that" place.

It's not. At least not to me or anyone I care about.

I don't think the smell is from trash. Smells more like exhaust fumes to me

>Europeans?
*the world

I live right next to that shithole.
Easily the most overrated city on the planet. Holy shit fuck Manhattan six ways to Sunday. The few positive qualities it possesses cannot surmount how mind-bogglingly crappy it is.

I've heard Denmark is really crowded. Is this true? It's a real small cunt so it makes sense, but I've never been. I wouldn't expect it to be NYC crowded by any means but what's it like?

>Europeans don't fetishize Los Angeles

:\

t. Rasheed Al-Londanistani

Not really.
It's true that 1/5 of the entire population of Denmark is living in Copenhagen and it's suburbs but it never feels crowded to the extent of cities like New York and Beijing.

>Car city
>Designed as a playground for the rich and a ghetto for the poor

It also doesn't have the hustle and bustle we expect from a lively city.

A friend who went there told me that it was full of mexicans and niggers

North Koreans fetishize about LA though bruh

and thats all that matters

thats all that matters

>full of mexicans
those are puerto ricans

He probably went to Houston then

Because most of our media is made in the US which fetishises New York because to them it's important.
North American Cities are all ugly anyway. There not old enough to have old looking buildings like in Europe; but there also not new enough to have new looking buildings like in Korea and south east Asia.

Asides from the constant apperance in all kinds of media, I suppose a city that is larger and more populous than all the cities in my country combined is pretty impressive.

At least the LAPD is romanticized a lot. Who in the world hasn't heard about that partner thing they do.

>europeans
surely canadians are immune to that

It is desu.
I've went and the most impresive thing is thinking "yep just like in the movies/tv" and how big it is (atleast compared to other cities i've been on)

I don't really know, I hate it.

It's cold, way too expensive, and full of niggers and homeless heroin addicts.

If I were to move to a megacity in the US, I'd rather choose San Diego or something.

Who or what is that?

The jews I assume. Isn't that always the answer?

Yes but it doesn't make sense.

taylor lives there

babylon was built on an ocean of goyim blood.

AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

>Free world

Don't companies headed by Jewish owners own several buildings in NY? I suppose it makes a bit of sense.

it is a pretty cool city.

> tfw still playing gta 4 just for riding around Liberty City.

Yeah several but look at the whole picture.

What partner thing?

The picture shows a stone desert. Wouldn't want to live there. I guess only some people in Europe like this place and I'm not the only one who wouldn't want to be there.

How some US police departments (LAPD most notably?) always partner up their police officers so that they are never alone on the job. And then its romanticized even more like with all that talk about the bond between partners, the trust, etc etc.

I don't know. I see it in a lot of movies.

This is Rotterdam. It's the city where I happen to live in. Who financed all that?

Bicycle jews.

I hate NYC... I was glad when 11.9. happened, and I'm not even a shitskin

I hate big cities, too many snobs, criminals, human trash. I have been to Copenhagen, Berlin, London and Rome, and they felt suffocating all the same. How do people live in these places without going insane from the incessant noise and claustrophobic atmosphere? There's not even a tree to be seen in most places, so depressing.

sounds like you spent a lot of money only to be disappointed.

>that Charmin restroom ad at the left

Those cities are all paradise compared to Delhi...

Say what you want but NYC is the center of the world, western world at least. If you can make it in NYC you can make it anywhere else on the planet. Its not an "easy" place to live, it attracts the elite in every sector. Its easy to live in a fly over state and talk shit, but the fact is most people cannot hack it in NYC,they would get eaten alive. You simply are not talented or smart enough to make it.

its the spiritual heart of all thats wicked and cancerous in this era of the anglojvden

thats beautiful compared t most ameripoo cities

come one, lots of blue collar immigrants and poor people there. but manhattan white color jobs are top of the world, yes.

At least don't pick a picture from 20 years ago

LA strikes me more as a cultural centre of USA.

New Yorker here, AMA

>I was glad when 11.9 happened
best day of my life

I would say the West Coast rather than LA specifically

k

I've never heard of NYC fetish here, but normies do love metropolises. This includes NYC, but also London, Paris, Sydney, etc

There's a lot of money-laundering by foreign billionaires. The tallest building in the city is an apartment tower, and the units all cost tens of millions of dollars - NYC is kind of like Dubai in the way that people "park" their money in the city.

San Fernando Valley. California in general, is the centre of the western popular culture, everything that is fashionable at the moment comes from there. NYC is just jews.

But don't people think that the NYC = Manhattan anyway?

California is the engine of the US. it's the only state that could unquestionably survive if it went independent.

A-at least we have Supreme

Mind if I take as my new background?