New 'Weezer'

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/weezer-pacific-daydream/

Thoughts??

Kinda sounds like they updated alot

i just hope Rivers keeps on his promise of getting the commercial shit out of the way and following this up with the previously planned 'Black Album'

I really dislike the singles released for this record, but I was pleasantly surprised by the rest of it. Literally a 5/10.

you mean a 4.3

this reviewer is shit, they don't understand Rivers or Weezer at all

As much as I don't want to agree, that's actually a little more accurate. I just don't like reviewing in amorphous tenths.

how so? pretty accurate with the basically two different kinds of output. pop weezer and alternative weezer.

5/10 it's literally the green album but updated

they're on the same label as train, how embarrassing.
the black album better be worth the wait honestly

It's Make Believe for Chainsmokers fans

Weezer hasn't been good since the 90s.

You know I'm right, deep down.

wow what an original opinion that has never before been stated on Sup Forums

Weezer have always been shit desu senpai

I actually like some of this. Beach Boys is a great song.

It's okay. Not for me but it's not terrible. Certainly not on the level of Raditude. It's a bunch of okay pop songs.

wow cool cover lad
might listen to it
u n i r o n i c a l l y
haha

You mad because you know it's true.

White Album. Everything Will Be Alright.

Yeah it's fine. Juat avergae pop I guess. Kinda like the new Beck.

It's not terrible once you get past the singles. I just don't understand what happened. White Album was surf rock influenced but they still managed to capture some of that old sound which is all anyone really wanted them to do. The lyrics were kind of hacky but that can be argued as part of Weezer's appeal.

Pacific Daydream seems like the bastard child of Make Believe and Raditude, it manages to be way more tolerable than either but I see the flaws of both creeping into the mix. Of the three surf inspired albums (Green, White and PD), I'm going to say PD is the worst but it feels like Rivers is having another midlife crisis and writing manufactured pop music with lyrical themes and stylings that should be done by someone about half his age.

welcome to Pitchfork

Amending my opinion now that I just completely finished it. It's a lot like Hurley, a couple of awful songs, and a ton of completely okay ones that I'll probably never revisit.

Weezer Tiers:

Classic - Blue, Pinkerton
High- White
Good- Green, Maladroit, EWBAITE
Average- Hurley, Pacific Daydream
Bad- Red, Death to False Metal, Make Believe
Abomination- Raditude

agree
this

Just listened. I actually prefer Raditude to this shit, at least Raditude has that “what the fuck were they thinking” entertainment value to it.

This is just bland, lethargic pop rock of the dullest kind.

fuckin wrong, if we're include deluxe editions pinkerton >white > red > blue > sftbh > ewbaite > pacific daydream which might as well be called white album b sides > maladroit> hurley/make believe >>>> raditude/green album >>>>>> dtfm which was just like shit they shouldve thrown away

people saying the first tracks are the worst are wrong. the latter half smears together into a glossy abomination. all the songs sound the same.

this. green is overrated as fuck. maladroit is underrated

>red better than sftbh
dickhead

Is the deluxe edition of Red really THAT good?

Happy hour is an absolute banger, boys. that's the only good sheeny song on this album.

I like it.

But I don't love it, which after EWBAITE and White, is a step down. I hope Black doesn't disappoint.

>make another sell out album
>radio singles all flop, album sucks

double failure

seconded

i'm really afraid for black album.

Fucking hell, they forgot about power guitar and solos again.

Wow, we actually have similar rankings. Don't see many people like me who actually really liked Red and didn't like Green. Mine would be:

Pink > Blue > White > Red=EWBAITE > Maladroit > Green=Hurley=Pacific Daydream > Make Believe > Raditude

Pink > Blue >

Kinda sounds like the garbage they have always been.

so deep.... if only people understood that piece of shit cuomo like I do...