So user

So user

Have you been exposed to dangerous shit like asbestos, lead, radiation, or burn pits?

Dangerous and sketchy shit thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_and_radiation_accidents_and_incidents
youtube.com/watch?v=jAf6RWvydCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Radiation from nuclear waste when I was in the army.

I've been going on Sup Forums since 2008. I've been around a lot of cancer so it's got to have some effect on me over time

Who fucking cares? Toxins and pollution are actually MORE American than apple pie and baseball. Fuck off libtard, lesbian, cuck. I'll piss my fucking polluted piss right on your fucking face. Homosex.

Tire fire.fuck yeah.

Jesus christ you fuckin faggot, take a walk and learn some english you retarded fuck

Story please.

i lived in an old house for a few years because poor
paint was chipping off the walls and for the rest of my life i will wonder if it was lead paint that stopped my brain from forming and if i am mentally limited now

radiation every day

>friend loves bonfires
>I do as well.
>we often have bonfires in his backyard pit.
>friend has strange love of burning trash.
Domt get me wrong, burning cardboard and paper shits fun, but ive seen him walk inside then come out with a full sized trash can and dump contents into fire.
>whattheflyingfuck.jpeg
>i always bitch about burning plastic and shit, make rules like a fag friendo to keep him from burning toxic shit
>one night we discover burning empty boxes in an upright, flap open position is fucking hilarious.
>15 foot fireball, easy.

Anyways, one day he and I wanted to have another bonfire, and we invited 2 other friends over.
>one day I pull up outside his house and notice that the neighbors are throwing away a refrigerator box
>fucking lol, score.
>tell friend, he doesnt hesitate to drag it over.
>I rip the 5 foot styrofoam logs out, and we get the box into the fire
>toweringinferno.vid w/25foot fire tree
Keep in mind, this is a very nice neighborhood by a gold course. We have had retarded tall fires and smoke plumes before, no idea how we have never been bitched at once.
>burn the fire for a few more hours till theres nothing left but coals.

Part 1/2

You have to eat it bud, it doesnt magically aerosolize

DU while I was in the navy. actually I showed up to the ship on deployment right before the navy started phasing out DU rounds for gunshoots, so we got word to dump as many as we could crossing the atlantic. gunshoot err day. so everyone got to be a little contaminated.

Part 2/2

>fire has burned down to mostly coals.
>friend lazily starts stretching and yawning and starts -
"Well guys were gonna have to.."
>At this point, I thought he was gonna say we call it a night.
"Were gonna HAVETOTHROWTHESEBADBOYSINTHERE"

>WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING NIGGER
>in the half second he quickly said that, he had reached behind his chair with lightning speed, and grabbed the 5 foot styrofoam skeleton casts that had held the refrigerator in place inside the box, and threw them on top of the fire.
WHAT THE FUCK?!
>in under a second, both 5 foot halves of the full cast had instantaneously liquefied and melted into the coals. It looked like a pile of black tar, and suddenly, it sank down into the coals, like watching a whirlpool open suddenly on large body of water.
>A BLINDING 12 foot tall white flame explodes out of the black pit
>Suddenly, "buds bounce" starts playing on outdoor speakers as this happens.Sounds like fucking spongebob shenanigans music.
>4 teens running around like retards
>friend is shocked, no clue what to do as this 12 foot tall white demon flame exploded in his back yard, pouring black smoke thicker than oil into the air easily creating a 100 foot tall plume of styro-caustic death.

>I instantly dolphin dive into the grass covering my face with a canvas jacket going
HOLY FUCK
>other friends hit the deck and start running around like baffoons
>screaming to get the fuck out of there, the neighborhood is literally filled with this balck, oil smoke thats turning everything a dingey orange (keep in mind this is at night)
>guest and I beat feet to my car and speed the fuck off

Next morning friend said the house, and the entire neighborhood still smelled like a napalm sandwich.

Plastic fallout on a superfund scale.

Fuck, big time. Chlorine, bromine, copper, acids, acetone, too many solvents to list... I've had gasoline sickness and snake bites etc. Doesn't really worry me.

are you sure

the website says that paint chipping releases lead dust
and paint chips would regularly just fall off the wall
fuck im retarted now stupid bullshit house

I'm just younger than most Boomers.
Went to school in the 60's before they removed the Lead Paint, Asbestos Tiles, Radon Gas rising from foundations and basements....

We are so fucked.

Why so angry?

Slow down autistic feg don't over work your extra chromosome

maybe if you lived in a run down shack that was never kept up.
When they used lead paint, they all had maids and could afford "workmen" to repaint on the reg

what kind of cheese is that?

I jerked off inside a naval nuclear reactor compartment. Ask me anything.

WOW

no you didnt. you probably work at quonset and jerked off near the cylinder that would one day become an RC. Fucking loser.

well the thing is i think the humidity from the place caused the paint to bubble and fall off
i repainted it and painted over it a few times, but it would just bubble and chip again

when you jizzed did you see the face of god and death?

I was a carpenters apprentice here in AUS and we demoed a bathroom with no safety gear. dust and shit everywhere then afterwards tell me it was asbestos.
Happened another time with a lot of exposure and then I left.

Nope, just had a weird feeling of being watched. Came all over a control rod drive mechanism.

It was something we all used to do when we stood RMO and had to do RC tours.

Fun fact though, semen turns a dark, flaky brown when exposed to ionizing radiation. When we had a changeover of CO, he and the Reactor Officer toured the RC and found some of the residue. I saw two full bird captains play with dried jizz and then order a full fleet wide investigation to see if other ships had this issue.

Plastics, everyday, everyone.

You're just retarded - has nothing to do with lead.

I read your entire story

It's much safer in place than being removed.

fucking KEK

but what if it made me MORE retarded

Hey, you posted this on /k/ exactly the same everything. Who are you and who do you work for?

I work on stealth coatings on F-35's, been exposed to extremely cancerous materials including microballoons

yep, I've burned lots of toxic stuff over the years

lots of plastic bottles, CDs, chemical treated wood, copper wiring, TV remote, styrofoam, mega bloks, solo cups

Worst I've been exposed to is lead from working in a fire assay lab a couple years ago. Now I work with jet fuel which I guess has it's hazards too.

wife works in an environmental consulting company doing, among other things, lead testing.

It will not affect you unless you sand the paint or eat the chips somehow. even then a small amount wont do much.

your just retarded cause your mom was poor and ate shit food while pregnant with you

If OP is a fed, he can suck it, all of this is fictional, obviously.

fucking great

damn
i heard that there arent any aliens at area 51, its just that there are so many hazardous chemicals and blatant rule violations that they try to hide

Work in attics, got the fiberglass lungs despite using respirators. Sometimes get bloody boogers.

Hopefully they start cloning lungs soon cause I know i'm fucked in a few decades.

oh okay thank you this makes me feel better
also your wife is hot

Gave myself mild lead poisoning trying to cast some lead weights
Got the welding shakes from welding galvanized sheet
Use epoxy on the regular
Exposed to lots of petrol and engine oils etc on bare skin - all known carcinogens

Sounds about right

>Hopefully they start cloning lungs soon cause I know i'm fucked in a few decades

fibreglass wont do much to the inside of your lungs, its too big of fibres. It would just get trapped in the mucous and excreted into your throat and either coughed out or swallowed.

asbestos fucks your lungs because it is SO FUCKING FINE that it actually gets past the mucous and embeds itself in your lungs. your lungs then grow scar tissue around it which becomes the mesothelioma

I run a nuclear densometer every day.

Microbaloons are fine faggot, they just cut your lungs up a bit. Glass is inert you retard

what's that?

whoah thats fucking horrifying

I live in México.
Be my guest.

Added it as part of "dangerous shit". Definitely inhaled enough dust of that to displace at least 10% of my lungs oxygen. Without even factoring in blast media

>has nothing to do with lead.
Paint used to have lead in it, user.
Old houses (pre-1978) still do.

my house was built in like 1930 fuck

I work in a nuclear lab, so I'm exposed to radiation all the time. No big deal.

the lead is innert unless made into dust or ingested.... or your a wall licker...

You are almost correct.

What happens is the asbestos fibres are so small they actually mechanically interfere with th DNA at the cellular level. The asbestos fibre is uniquely capable of getting past the lung tissue and into the surrounding mesothelial tissue because it is so tiny. Thats why they know its asbestos if you turn up with meso. Its about the only thing that does it.

Lead is pretty heavy so as long as you aren't literally scraping paint off the walls with your teeth you should be fine

Worked in a lab for 2 years as organic chemist
>thionyl chloride on skin, actually felt nothing weirdly.
>inhaled gaseous Hydrobromic acid, was hacking up blood streaked phlegm up for days. Had to report this and go to ER
> blew up a flask with mCPBA (that shit detonates for like, no reason), and shards of glass contaminated with a reaction mixture implanted in my skin.
> way too much chloroform, DCM, acetone, and *shudder* DMF exposure in general
> pyridine, because god hates me.
> but the worst was plain old glacial acetic acid. The burn and the smell still fucking haunts me.

doesnt it chipping off the wall, those little breaks, release dust?

>tfw scraping my teeth on the wall was my favorite thing to do before falling asleep
oh no

>microballoons are fine
>glass is inert

What is "silicosis", Alex?

kickass

waaaaay too big to be considered dust and what infinitesimal amount actually does become particulate small enough to remain airborne when a piece breaks off (were talking less than 1 ppm) is no danger.

If you live in an old house you have to be concerned not only about the lead in the paint on the walls - but all the lead paint disturbed and scattered from prior remodels, renovations, repaintings (oil base paint often has to be scraped/sanded before applying new paint) This old paint dust may be all over the house and is certainly all over the flowerbeds around the house due to lax attitudes about lead in the past.

It tastes sweet. I used to chew it off the dresser in my bedroom when I was a kid.

was your lab in some dark corner of china? ffs you would have been shut down in any 1st world country in a heartbeat

okay thank you very much friendo goodnight and god bless you

your completely right, but the conversation was about chips and weather those comprised a hazard. we were not taking into account prior remodels or already present dust from those

Chips are mainly dangerous to kids. They will eat them - they taste sweet. Windowsills are the worst area - especially if you have oldsash type windows that have painted surfaces that rub together when the window is rasied/lowered. They generate fine paint dust with each use, which settles on the sill, floor and gets blown around the house when the wind comes in. Toddler crawls in it - licks off hands ... braindamage.jpg

Is one of those hazards realizing the true melting point of steel?

Holy shit, that's some "grim darkness of the 41st millenium" shit right there, user. I'm fucking terrified.

University/Industry affiliated lab in the western USA. This shit happens all the time bro. My friend in NY tells me similar stories. Most of the time if you’re not immediately injured you just don’t report it, it’s a big pain in the ass.

Really you’re only as safe as you keep yourself, and when dumbass undergrad students get summer jobs, they tend to fuck things up. That gaseous HBr thing happened because a freshman forgot to cap the BBr3 and then knocked it on the floor with the fume shield. The glacial acetic thing happened because I was showing an intern how to start a column. He freaked when his test tube overflowed and a flask full of the stuff on my ungloved wrist.

I have a puck of chipped up plastic with a considerable amount of radium in it. Found it in a box of misc junk in my high school when there was some junk being thrown out so I took it. Had it in my pocket for a couple hours and then in my backpack for a few.
Now it's 15 years later and I still have it. No ill effects yet.
It makes a scintillator scream from a few feet away. I think it's about 100 μCi of radium.
I keep it wrapped in several baggies and in a thick lead pig. The baggies collect radon which also produces a lot of radiation.

lol

Asbestos back in 2013. We were doing a complete electrical overhaul through an old house built in 1901 with asbestos wires.

Also, commercial grade pesticides in 2017. I was screwing on a hose and the pressure blew off the gasket and sprayed me right in the face. Burnt my eyes like hell for the rest of the day.

I should also add that the electrical wiring was upgraded from knob and tube wiring to asbestos, before we came in some 100 fucking years later and put rubber in. Evidence of this was there were still old ceramic knobs and tubes in the attic. Some old shit, I tell you.

How do you know it is radium?

Knob and Tube? What is this ancientness you speak of?

Radiation in da navy

Check em

Heh. That strikes me as funny.
>Throwing DU overboard is polluting
>Shooting them out of a cannon is not polluting

It says so on it.
There was another of Co60 but that one was completely cold by the time I found it. I still have it somewhere.

I can't help but wonder how many kids sat right next to them back in the day. Co60 is a very strong gamma source. People have died from exposure to it. It's used to sterilize food and medical equipment.

This 2spooky4me shit right here lmao

Hazardous materials-PCBs, dioxins, chlorinated solvents, creosote, pentachlorophenol, PAHs.
Radionucludes from nucler weapons, reactors, now level waste, medical isotopes.
Metals-lead, chromium, arsenic, boron, etc.
Munitions/UXO
Asbestos-Libby amphibole.
Petroleum-JP4, Jp5, JP8, BTEX, various TPH-related compounds.

Lead affecting mental development really only occurs in children. Not saying it's good to inhale too much lead dust as an adult, but it won't make you retired

Fukking fuk, user. That makes me want to walk around with a geiger counter everywhere I go. You never know what might be around.

firefighter here... exposed to all kind of shit since 1987... Yes I'm an old fag now.

that's actually a dump

Kek'd

>They generate fine paint dust with each use

I think you digging a little too hard here. most of that dust would blow away as it is generated and either make it out of the house, be swept up or vacuumed. Chips can easily be vacuumed or swept up as well.

Im not saying its not hazardous, but people usually come up with really radical situations in which they might be exposed that just are not realistic.

This is actually a significant source of lead exposure in old buildings.

You all think that these posts are amazing but every day you are exposed to shit you dont even know about.

Example: many city water sources still use pipes that contain some lead and many schools still have lead soldered pipes as well.

also shit brake pads contain asbestos and even the best pads contained asbestos for many years. go anywhere near a roadway where street dust or dirt is kicked up and your being exposed to asbestos.

Oh, I know about it.

"significant" just means measurable in these cases. As in "we can find it, and some people have some lead in them that were near it"

still does not mean its a realistically dangerous situation, just more dangerous than no lead around at all.

There is no "safe" level of lead exposure.
There is only "less fucked" and "more fucked"

I sprinkle lead powder on my red dye candy.

It's really disturbing. The worst is the fact you could be sitting on top of a really powerful source and not know until you start to vomit blood.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_and_radiation_accidents_and_incidents
I can't imagine anything as frightening as some of the criticality accidents. You get the nice blue flash and know you are almost certainly going to die a very slow and painful death.

Some of the liquidators that were cleaning the graphite off the roof of a building at the Chernobyl site reported a strong metallic taste in their mouths. Most likely from the intense radiation.

youtube.com/watch?v=jAf6RWvydCQ Kind of fun to see how powerful a little dot can be.

I believe you, user.

Whats the blue flash from?