“I’m going to push”, he said. “Not only for better tools, workflow...

>“I’m going to push”, he said. “Not only for better tools, workflow, high dynamic range and high frame rates– the things we are working toward. I’m still very bullish on 3D, but we need brighter projection, and ultimately I think it can happen – with no glasses. We’ll get there”.

Just as I expected... the only reason that Cameron is making sequels to Avatar is due to it being all about the visuals because that is what made the first sell and be so popular (yet ironically no one remembers it at all now).

denofgeek.com/uk/movies/avatar/44970/avatar-2-james-cameron-wants-3d-without-the-glasses

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11563001
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_films
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>write a shit story but coat it with top tier visuals and 3D
>everyone goes apeshit over it
>it makes a shit load of money
>instantly decide to make 7 sequels

Why is Jim such a pleb?

no thanks.

Nobody remembers it but it still had a huge impact on every shitty blockbuster that's come out since

I want the 3D gimmick to end.

At that rate, I'll just go see a play, or go outside.

I maintain that people are undrestimating the goodwell left over from Avatar, people don't remember the movie but they do remember having fun going to see it, add on the promise of bigger and better pretty colors and you have a fresh license to print money.

so many on facebook in the comments are stating how much they hate Cameron's decision to do more Avatars.

We can only hope that the sequel bombs and Cameron re-thinks his career.

Literally Gimmick: The Director

>people actually wanted to love on pandaria

Avatar was nowhere near as fun as early blockbusters like The Mummy & The Mummy Returns.

Those films will always have a place deep in my heart whereas Avatar feels lifeless and unmemorable.

I wouldn't mind a sequel that could explain a little more about the world. But that's it.

5 fucking Avatar movies just because the first one cashed in so much. This just stinks.

And I hope Cameron doesn't think they'll make as much money as the first. That's just retarded.

>I want the 3D gimmick to end.
>3D movies have been around since the 50's

Cry more.

>inb4 Cameron bait defenders appear in the thread
You people have the shittest taste in movies

3D in 4k with high dynamic range and high framerate without having to wear glasses actually sounds pretty fucking cool.

Yeah but they actually cared about the story back then.

Hollywood now only cares about making profit and could care less about the story and characters.

If normies eat it up then they will continue to make the same things (just like Call of Duty games which they release every year).

>high framerate
anything higher than 45 fps looks like absolute shit because our eyes cannot properly watch it hence why things appear to be moving 2x speed.

>inb4 someone posts video game footage of a game in 60 fps
games are completely different and look brilliant in 60 fps yes BUT movies in 45 fps or 60 fps are absolutely terrible and I cannot watch them.

>Hollywood now only cares about making profit
>now

God where do you retarded aspie toddlers crawl out of.

Doesn't matter, again the appeal isn't in people loving the movie, remeniscing and bringing it up in comfy threads, it's in people thinking to themselves "oh yeah Avatar, boy my brain sure squirted out a lot of dopamine watching that, I guess I'll see the new one". Multiply that by 2 billion and there you go.

Here comes the new genre of "Blueshit".

I'd love on a pandarian if you get me

I bet two of these will be canceled because the second won't make nowehere near as much as the first and the third will shit the bed completely.

>implying that this will work for 4 Avatar sequels
Sure it will work for Avatar 2 because people will remember the first that they saw 8 or so years ago but when it comes to Avatar 3 which releases a year or so after the second and then Avatar 4 and then Avatar 5... I highly doubt so many will flock to the cinemas unless it is a very good story written almost like Game of Thrones with so many subplots but I highly doubt that.

I hope the real abatap returns to us for this and we don't just get stuck with a load of people pretending to be him

most people can perceive 45 fps, that's not the issue. aesthetically it's just weird seeing it in a live action movie because it's so new and we associate it with other things. framerates lower than human vision may also help suspension of disbelief in some way.

You only feel that way because you'43 used to movies playing at 25 frames. Once the industry adopts hight fps it'll look normal to everyone who grows up with it

I hope this is bait, son.

Whatever happened to Abatap?

>once the industry adopts high fps
>He thinks this will ever happen

Nobody in the industry wants or cares about high FPS. Only Cameron and Jackson who made their CGI shitfests want it. Nobody will ever grow up with that shit.

Does anyone actually still give a shit about Avatar?
Avatar isn't Star Wars, no one really cares about Avatar anymore and really, the reason cared the first time was the 3D and the visuals and CGI has for the most part been mastered.

Why do 60fps look so weird ? It surely looks more 'real' but not in a good way, more like you are watching a behind the scenes shot

>mfw Jim will spend the rest of his life with this ferngully in space horseshit.

We'll never get another movie like Aliens or Terminator from him again.

Has to do with motion blur that you experience in real life and with 24 and 30 fps.

What butthurt loser has summoned me, and what do you seek, mortal?

Lets see
strawpoll.me/11563001

I have hope.

Remember the very first 3D cash-in to hit theaters after Avatar?

Remember how well it did?

Remember how the sequel turned out?

No? Well here's a handy little infographic!

>alice made 1B
what the fuck

Hahahah

Star Wars is too old, the new disney movie contains none of the filmmaking integrity of the other six films.

Avatar, on the other hand, is a triumph of science fiction filmmaking. I am highly anticipating the directors next move.

Ive said this in numerous threads and I'll say it again. Avatar and all of its sequels are meant to be really expensive tech demos. In each movie hes trying to introduce new tech. For the first avatar it was trying to showcase the fusion camera system. Now with 2 hes going for tech using more depth of field and obviously as mentioned in the article, true 3D tech.

Sorry m8 but unless you close one eye, a play and outside will be 3D too so it's not gonna solve your problem

Meaning that the high frame rate shots allow us to see all the information our eyes would normaly blur if they were physically seeing the action as opposed to a recording? Thereby making the film look fake because all the motions are too smooth even when things are supposed to be moving fast?

>Avatar, on the other hand, is a triumph of science fiction filmmaking
Prometheus was a better sci-fi movie than Avatar

cuz it sucked

So did Avatar.

Pirates 4 also made over 1 Billion.

What the hell is wrong with the world...

I don't understand why Sup Forums thinks Avatar was bad.

>le has no memorable quotes meme
Why do you need to remember the quotes to make it a good movie?

All of you remember the entire whole plot and Jake Sully and that crazy military guy. You all remember how exactly pandora looked like and all those creatures in there.

>le James Cameron is a pleb
let's remember that he hasn't made any bad movies yet. All his movied are instant classics, even Avatar.

>le 3D is a gimmick
oh yes except that all your movies are now in 3D becase of James.

>le pocahontas, le not original story
There is no original story, every movies is ripped of from another movie.
The point of making a good movie is not to make an original story which is impossible anyway

I watched Avatat 4 times and it's always entertaining.

>I watched Avatat 4 times and it's always entertaining

You could have just said you had no taste at the beginning of your post so I didn't need to read it.

Can you even do 3D without the glasses? Isn't the point that the glasses polarize light in different ways, which creates the 3Dness?

Unless he plans to make our eyes polarize light differently, this isn't going to work.

>Can you even do 3D without the glasses
Theater.

>high frame rates

about damn time

>it's a 24 fps twerking scene

Nintendo already made 3D without glasses.

It was called 3DS.

>I watched Avatat 4 times and it's always entertaining.
STOP

yeah and that hurts my eyes. Also it is very unhealthy for young kids to play on the 3DS for long periods of time.

0/10 You're just butthurt.

Cry more.

why does every 3D movie look like a dull piece of shit? Why are sunglasses for a movie acppetable. Why don't they compensate the colors for that?

Inflation, you idiot.
The worth of money doubles every 10 years.

>you will live long enough to see 3-kino

Nope you millineal fuck. Back then you'd maybe watch a 3D movie every few years. Gimmick shit like Jaws 3D. Now 3D infects every film. I can't even see shit in 2D unless I want to go to the nigger theater without IMAX.

>Avatar
>Highest grossing film of all time
>No one talks about it
>No one cares about it
>Zero cultural impact.

Sad, really.

>aesthetically it's just weird seeing it in a live action movie because it's so new and we associate it with other things
I saw The Hobbit in 48 fps you fuck. Every action scene you could clearly see when the prop weapons don't hit the actors. Bunch of wiffleball bullshit. Has nothing to do with me.

>Back then you'd maybe watch a 3D movie every few years

Wrong you dumb fuck. They've been prevalent through the past several decades.

Cry more you autistic cunt.

You are either a lying kike or a pathetic teen up past his bedtime. Get banned faggot.

>wah wah wah muh Avaturds!!

Baby so cranky with a diaper full of wet, stinky Avaturds.

KYS you fucking cunt.

>Avaturds!!

I love that meme.

>yet ironically no one remembers it at all now
I saw it this morning and oh look another day another Avatar thread. go home kiddo.

They do, I saw Tron Legacy in theaters twice, once with sunglasses 3D and once without. Took the glasses off for a few minutes during the 3D viewing because I was getting a headache and it was bright as fuck.

where the fuck did u see 3D movies dude?
i can think of like.. 2 3D movies from the 90s/00s since it all exploded during the avatar era.
You're just full of shit

Yeah the guy seems dumb as shit because 3D was always a niche novelty before Avatar.

It's like tablet computers. Tablet computers EXISTED for 40 years now. But tablet computers weren't a "thing" until the iPad came out during this very decade.

Yeah, you're clearly an idiot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3D_films

But Alice didn't have walking Apache's

JIM CAM BTFO CAPESHITTERS AND DISNEY WAIFU FAGS AGAIN

HATERS GONNA HATE, KYS HATERS!

>the list starts in 2005, and most of those are special editions for IMAX and stuff

lol, i'm the idiot?
>past several decades
>2005

you're making a fool of yourself

I dont like 3D.

if you wanna make a virtual reality movie then maybe but 3D just doesnt interest me.

>Waaaaaaaah why don't you like muh Avaturds?!

Baby so cranky. Wet, stinky Avaturds giving you a sore bottom.

>"I'm going to push....a giant, stinky turd out of my ass and then I'm going to do it again and again until you enjoy it. Do you want more turds from me? I have more than enough for the WORLD!"

>Buh buh buh it all started with avatar!!

Nah mate, you're a dumb cunt.

Why does it start at 2005 where you born in 1999 or what the fuck. you all are fucking babies

You faggots are all talking past each other.

Avatar obviously didn't invent 3D film, there were 3D films in the '50s.

Avatar started a 3D film craze where it became very common whereas before it was a somewhat rare novelty.

There were movies that were already in post-production that had 3D effects added after Avatar's success, THAT was definitely unprecedented.

>Hollywood now only cares about making profit

lol. It's a business not a fucking charity.

I WILL CUT UR BALLS OFF, FRY THEM IN CARBONARA, AND FEED THEM TO UR WIFES SON, MOTHER FUCKER!!

>implying baby posting isnt reddit-tier shitposting

>go to see a movie
>regular showings: only 1 at 4:00
>3d showings: all day
Fuck this shit, 3D just makes the picture quality worse for like 1 or 2 gimmick shots, literally terrible. I can't remember a single shot in Suicide Squad where the 3d was noticeable but I do remember hardly seeing anything because of how muddy and dark it looked.

Here's how I'd do it
>part 2
>jake is now leader of the tribe and a father but he is being challenged by the other tribes on Pandora. Bad guy is a racist shaman who wants to unite the entire planet in case outsiders invade again
>part 3
>Jake's body is deteriorating and in hopes of restoring it, they are forced to contact a team of scientists back on earth who agrees to come to pandora to help him. Bad guy is evil scientist who transfers consciousness into an a "perfect" na'vi. At the end the scientists build a new body for Jake and relations between Pandora and Earth are restored
>part 4
>Pandora is dying due to a mysterious disease that ravages the planet. It reaches out to Neytiri for help but somehow infects her with it as well. Jake journeys into the center of the planet with his sick wife in order to cure them both and finds the truth: the entire planet is the result of a terraforming experiment by an ancient alien race long ago. At the center of the planet is the supercomputer that is continuing the process, its network of wires reaching across the planet. It's gained the ability to create life forms, all connected to each other, including the na'vi's, but a virus makes it create new life forms similar to na'vi's intent on destroying the planet. In the end, Neytiri's body dies but her consciousness is transferred into the computer, becoming the new planet and maintaining it.

>3D existed several decades before avatar!!
>proves himself wrong with a link, showing it started 5 years before it at most
>BUHBUH UR A CUNT MATE

me and the guys never even said it STARTED with avatar. It just got mainstream.
spy kids 3D, remember? that was my first 3D movie, it was way before avatar, since i was still kinda young to wanna see that in cinemas.
I surely wouldnt say avatar was the first

>before it was a somewhat rare novelty.
>Muh avaturd started duh 3d craze!

>Buh buh buh avatar!!

>Ney Ney is the whole planet now

muh feminism

>high frame rates

God no. Remember what happened with The Hobbit???

>there are mongs on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who LITERALLY OBJECTIVELY and CATEGORICALLY believe Avatar created a new version of 3D

Ultra HD 3D is still fuckin 3D mate. Nothing essentially has changed from the audiences perspective. Its true more cinemas started converting screens because of Avatar though.

the hobbits cgi is shit though

Actually, I got a migraine from the 3d and left early due to the shit story I kept predicting and wasn't engaged in what-so-ever.

I wholeheartedly blame Cameron for the story, too.

>doubting Cameron

history will prove you wrong like all the rest

James Cameron is the greatest of all time. Butthurt haters are everywhere, and they are just sad losers who will never have the number one and number two films of all time.

The great BTFO-ing of capeshit is upon us, brothers.

It gets better
>part 5
>Jake is now an old man. He spends most of his time at the center of the earth, connected to his wife and sharing a consciousness with her. His son is trying to fill his shoes but he is quiet and reserved and the tribe does not think he is a good leader. In an effort to connect with his father, he plugs himself into the supercomputer, accidentally signaling the ancient race that created it. Their arrival triggers a series of natural disasters and causes the na'vi's to lose their ability to link with each other and the planet. Jake is no longer able to connect with his wife and blames his son, who seeks out the aliens to restore the connection. He travels with a team of scientist to the mother ship. Along the way, he falls in love one of the scientist. The aliens are advanced beings who has moved beyond bodies and exists as a huge interconnected consciousness. Jake's son connects with them and learns that the alien has been collecting consciousness as it travels across the universe. The original person lost his son and used Pandora in order to preserve the consciousness of his son but it was overrode when Neytiri's consciousness was transferred into it. In a rage, the alien tries to destroy Pandora. Jake's son is able to connect to his father and mother and together their combined consciousness destroys the aliens. Jake's son realize he'll never be like his father and his mother creates a human body for him to transfer his consciousness into so he can live as a human. He married the human scientist.

He will most likely be the first person to create in-theater feature length VR films, and the first will be an Avatar. Maybe Avatar 6.

Can't wait for Cameron to BTFO all the non believers as usual.

Ebin. Simply ebin.
Why is it so hard for people to think like this?

I'm a patrician btw. New filmic experiences, no matter how well they fit our current perceptions of what a film should be, should not only be permitted but encouraged

Cameron will never make a standard film as good as Terminator or Titanic again. Why bother trying? He's doing nothing but innovating and trying new things and he's fucking winning. This is why he's king of/tv/ and you ebin reddit memesters will die knowing that TFA couldn't top Avatar let alone fucking Titanic

>part 6
>Pandora is doomed to death. Scavenging technology from the alien ship, Jake's son is try to recreate the terraforming process to create a new Pandora on another planet. He travels with a team of scientist in order to find the most suitable planet. unbeknownst to them, one of the scientist wants to use the technology to create planets to mine. Upon finding a suitable planet, they start trying to terraform it and upon the first sign of success, the scientist turns on them and captures Jake's son. Jake feels that something is wrong and finally regains his warrior spirit, hijacking a military shit and flying off to rescue him. He succeeds and the two decides to destroy the technology after using it to create a new Pandora.
>part 7
>the entire population is being moved to new Pandora, but Neytiri's consciousness remains bound to the planet. Jake does not want to leave her despite their son's insistence. Without a consciousness controlling the planet, the Na'vi's are no longer able to link with each other. Jake's son is trying to create an AI as the planet's core in order to restore this but it is faulty and has the mentality of a child. Because Jake's son is sterile, he acts like a father in guiding the AI in the planet's care. However, upon connecting with him, the AI grows jealous of his devotion towards Jake and takes over Jake's son's body in order to kill Jake. They battle amidst a dying Pandora. In the end, Jake dies after freeing his son, but his human body is badly damaged. They come to the realization that a person is a consciousness and a body is merely an avatar for that consciousness and consist of anything, from humans to na'vi's, to even entire planets, they're all merely shells representing the important thing: the inside. Jake's son manages to transfer Jake and Neytiri's consciousness into crystals where they'll remain dormant in dreams forever. Meanwhile, as his body dies, he uploads his consciousness into the new Pandora.