Wei Lei (TAI CHI MASTER) got knocked the fuck out by an MMA fighter

youtube.com/watch?v=V6RrxTBdJs4

This has caused a scandal in China since their beloved Martial Farts couldn't match with the superior Western fighting style

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wN89wVzj4W8
bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/7/15557868/feature-xu-bad-blood-throwback-mma-in-china-news-tai-chi-kung-fu-shaolin-weibo-ufc-asia
youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I
youtu.be/V3lTUGv3G6Y?t=4870.
youtube.com/watch?v=uiKtEwqDMcs
youtube.com/watch?v=C7eVQQbkVZE
youtu.be/x_g3x4CvdYY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>MMA
>Western
Just look at that guy.

I'm talking about the fighting style

The Chinks are really butthurt:
>Update: A Chinese multi-millionaire has put up a $1m bounty to defend the dignity of traditional martial arts. Numerous other kung fu experts have challenged Xu Xiadong, including "Shaolin Monk" Yi Long, aka the greatest fighter that ever lived.

>Tai Chi
Isn't that more like stress relief rather than an actual fighting style? Why the fuck would this Tai Chi Master even agree to the fight unless it wasn't staged?

you do know bruce lee exposed "traditional" martial nonsense back in the 60s. He knew that all this fancy animal foodwork was just bullshit and focused going back to the basics by combining hand to hand with wrestling and kicks. he isnt loaded father of mma without a reason.
> inb4 he never fought professionally
there were no all rounded martial arts competition back in the days

forgot pic

tai chi is 1 martial art

MMA is Many Martial Arts

therefore mma is mathematically proven to be the strongest fighting style

>superior Western fighting style
some nice WE WUZing going on in this thread.

Tai Chi is for old people and hippies, it's not a martial art.

The MMA guy in the video has had his website taken down and is getting death threats. Watch him agree to some state-sponsored fight and "lose", then apologize for daring to mock the ancient and powerful chinese art of delusional yoga.

Yes, it started with a Brazilian fighting style

you just know that the tai chi guy knew he had 0% chance, but had to do it anyway.

Well MMA is essentially boxing and wrestling as they're the most effective.
Everything else you just need to learn how to defend against

>'Hey Sifu, some retard said he could kick your arse. When you beat him they'll give you 1mil!'
>'Ok, what style does he use?'
>'All of them, and he's been training non-stop to fight in a cage'
>'E-easy money!'

>Well MMA is essentially boxing and wrestling as they're the most effective
>implying boxing and wrestling is a "western" invention

>boxing
The earliest known depiction of boxing comes from aSumerianreliefin Iraq from the 3rd millennium BCELater depictions from the 2nd millennium BC are found in reliefs from theMesopotamiannations ofAssyriaandBabylonia, and inHittiteart fromAsia Minor. The earliest evidence for fist fighting with any kind of gloves can be found onMinoanCrete(c.1650–1400 BCE), and onSardinia, if we consider theboxing statuesof Prama mountains (c. 2000–1000 BC).
Boxing was most prevalent in North Africa in 4000 BC and inAncient Greeceboxing was a well developed sport and enjoyed consistent popularity.

>wrestling
Wrestling as a type ofmock combatanddisplay behaviouramong males has anthropological roots, and is also seen in non-humanGreat Apes. Its documented history however necessarily begins with the history of pictorial representations. Cave paintings in theBayankhongor ProvinceofMongoliadating back to Neolithic age of 7000 BC show grappling of two naked men and surrounded by crowds. In theAncient Near East, forms ofbelt wrestlingwere popular from earliest times. A carving on a stone slabe showing three pairs of wrestlers was dated to around 3000 BC. A castBronzefigurine,(perhaps the base of avase) has been found atKhafajiinIraqthat shows two figures in a wrestling hold that dates to around 2600 BC. The statue is one of the earliest depictions of sport and is housed in theNational Museum of Iraq.

>that retarded spacing
Wtf clover

Although you can claim boxing and wrestling are older than western civilization you cant deny the modern techniques were developed by western countries.

>MMA guy wearing nikes, shorts, and a shirt
>Tai chi guy dressed up like the guy from Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

muh symbolism

The tai chi guy and the mma guy had been talking back and forth online about it. The mma guy basically said that tai chi isn't a real martial art, and the tai chi guy decided to challenge him to a fight. I still have no idea what he was thinking.

I bet Chinese government is mad

>literally 1v1 irl faggot

Extremely mad. The Chinese government is calling it a "violation of the morals of martial arts". And now the Chinese Wushu Association is challenging this MMA guy lol. First guy to beat him gets 1 million yuan

i dont think
CHIMPING OUT is a martial art

>The Chinese government is calling it a "violation of the morals of martial arts".
source? tai-chi is not even the main form of martial art in china. its more like yoga then anything if it would have been kung fu or wushu then I would understand all the rage but tai chi is not even rated in China

stop this tai chi meme

>In the last twenty years or so, t‘ai-chi classes that purely emphasise health have become popular in hospitals, clinics, as well as community and senior centres. This has occurred as the baby boomers generation has aged and the art's reputation as a low-stress training method for seniors has become better known.

>I'm talking about the fighting style
a fighting style that originates from brasil and imported it's base elements from japan

lol basically putting a hit out on him due to butthurt

Yes and basketball is Aztec because they had a vague notion of putting balls through hoops.
Modern boxing and wrestling are entirely western products and you know it.

>clearly hasn't seen Man of Tai Chi

Yeah I feel bad for the kid, he's not even a top level MMA fighter either.
Let the best three king fu practitioners face Demian Maia, Wonderboy and Woodley.
I'd personallly offer the king fu boys 10 mil if any one of them can beat all three

Steven Seagal btfo

>Wei Lei
Coyote?

Fugging kek'd

How many MMAs would you need to defeat 1 (one) Ip Man?

Is that like Chinese Tebowing?

This is /our/ guy exposing every other martial art style. bruce lee would be proud.

That British boxer beat the shit out of him.

how come a navy seals guy got floored by a fucking monk lol?
youtu.be/wN89wVzj4W8

WTF delete this user this guy is shaming white people.

Tbf a Navy SEAL isn't really trained for martial arts matches, more for sneaking around and killing stuff. Shaolin monks are hardcore though, no shame in losing a fight to one of them. They literally do nothing but pray and practice fighting.

shouldn't have competed then
>nothing but pray and practice fighting
>tai-chi is good when I say so
hahahaha

But shaolin monks don't do tai chi, they do kung fu

I can believe it's not butter, but I refuse to believe that two people from Luxembourg showed up in the same thread within 2 minutes of one another.

Are you neighbors?

lol
he is a proxy user

FUCKING DOGEYES

WEI SHEN MOTHERFUCKER WHO ARE YOU?

bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/7/15557868/feature-xu-bad-blood-throwback-mma-in-china-news-tai-chi-kung-fu-shaolin-weibo-ufc-asia

This is a pretty good article that covers a lot of it.

>Wei also made comments after fight, stating that the only reason he lost to Xu was because he was showing mercy and refraining from using his ‘internal strength.’ Wei reportedly said he feared Xu would be killed, had he used his full array of skills.

>After brutally dispatching Wei, Xu told the onlookers that the fight wasn’t competitive and that Tai Chi was a ‘sham.’ According to ejinisght this prompted a number of Tai Chi masters to circle Xu and challenge him to a rematch. Reportedly, Xu ended up calling police after the Tai Chi proponents continued to argue with him for around half an hour. Later Xu turned to Chinese social media platform Weibo to double-down on his criticism of Tai Chi, stating that traditional martial arts styles were ‘a lie’ and that they had no use in actual combat or self defense.

>The Straits Times states that Xu also posted an open challenge to martial artists to prove him wrong. On Weibo, Xu stated that he would take on any and all traditional martial artists in a no rules contest (including kicks to the groin and eye pokes). Xu also said he would pay 1.2 million yuan ($174,000) to anyone who beats him.

Interesting stuff desu. Will be interesting to see how it goes. It's sort of sad to see stuff like this though
youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

>MMA
looked like a street brawl to me
and one match isnt definitive. i would need to see 30 matches between 60 different people to draw a conclusion that tai chi isnt effective

Open Youtube then

>>The Straits Times states that Xu also posted an open challenge to martial artists to prove him wrong. On Weibo, Xu stated that he would take on any and all traditional martial artists in a no rules contest (including kicks to the groin and eye pokes). Xu also said he would pay 1.2 million yuan ($174,000) to anyone who beats him.

$10 says their government puts pressure on him and he's forced to throw the fight and apologize.

>youtube.com/watch?v=gEDaCIDvj6I

Why are people just falling over at the start????? Explain this

>muh inner strength
>muh chi
>muh power level

top kek, gooks crack me up

>stating that traditional martial arts styles were ‘a lie’ and that they had no use in actual combat or self defense

Oh my god. This guy is kill

>Wei also made comments after fight, stating that the only reason he lost to Xu was because he was showing mercy and refraining from using his ‘internal strength.’ Wei reportedly said he feared Xu would be killed, had he used his full array of skills.

ahahahahha

Embarrassing

wait so japs are frauds as well??? no wonder sage northcutt can't cut it in the ufc with his karate

>i-i wasn't even trying

>brits knowing anything bout fighting

It's called chi or ki, famalam

>would and x fighter beat a y fighter
It's literally current year, there is no need to entertain this argument anymore. A multi-disciplined practitioner beats a single-disciplined practitioner in multi-disciplined contest everytime. The unspecialized multi-disciplined practitioner loses to the specialized single-disciplined practitioner guy every time.

Jeet Kune Do. Blend the fundamentals of everything.

There are tiers to disciplines though. Tai-Chi is lower on the tier because it can't carry itself in multi-disciplined combat as well as higher tier disciplines like boxing or wrestling.

>implying Tai Chi isn't THE consummate fighting style
>implying Western fighting styles are anything more that graceless savage dances

youtu.be/V3lTUGv3G6Y?t=4870. Skip to 1:21:10 and watch from there

Implying a finnish EFO master would not BTFO all these punks

youtube.com/watch?v=uiKtEwqDMcs

Lol. Do people think attackers would just sit their and let you fold them up like a lawn chair or a road map?

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

wtf is this

When you guys say western does it mean europe only?
where would places like south america fall in? New world?

Laugh all you want, you'll regret it after I open my heart and fold you in to submission...

Holy shit. So all you need to do in order to win a fight in Finland is to touch someone softly?

That's why I said it's sort of sad, it's like his students and all were sort of playing to delude him which resulted in him having a real fight which didn't end well

Really old news.
Did this story just reach your frozen shores via steamship?

So it is kinda like magical version of Aikido?

if you step into their personal space they die
unless you are in a sauna,sauna quadruples their fighting power

Shut the fuck up Kiwi and just keep letting your girlfriend get fucked by superior Mauri cock

It kind of reads like a movie desu. I'm actually really interested in seeing what happens if there's a follow up

lmao /x/ meets Sup Forums

"""epilepsi""" attack in his car like Bruce Lee

lel

dis nigga

Shouldn't there be at least someone on Earth who truly is an expert in one martial art style that also can use it in competitive fights and win?

It's a bit silly for anyone to claim either boxing or wrestling. Various styles are the products of different cultures, but both go back too far to be claimed by anyone.

You forget about brazilian jinjutsu, this is the most prevalent form of grappling in MMA. Many view it as essential for an MMA fighter

If there was a one beats all martial art everyone would be training it senpai

>competitive fights
what do you mean? boxing would be the one you looking for but if you're talking about a open fight with no rules besides hiting groin and eyes then mma is the only solution. in a boxing match floyd might be able to play around with mcgregor but in an all out battle mcgregor would murder him.
being dependant on just one fighting style is risky. if you're a boxer and you up against someone who is good in grappling he just needs to dislocate your shit and you're done. you dont have to master everything but knowing how to defend in all fields is a must

Yes, it's called Boxing.

He has nothing against my wu tang style

lad what is this.
Self defence against pensioners?

>new world
you're latin america

He's a former navy seal that is now a boxer. They just didn't handpicked a seal.

>no kicks

using one half of your entire body is like fighting with one hand behind you back in boxing.

apparently that guy wasn't a former navy seal, he was just a marine. and the other guy was not a (shaolin) monk. just pr hype lies.

mma didnt start in brazil. the most ancient form of mma was in greece called pankration which most asian countries got their martial arts from. its still being practised nowadays and is very similar to modern mma.

its like he is getting attacked by a narcoleptic mugger

>boxing
>limited to using hands only
>effective
fuckers would get btfo against muay thai

kek

that same 'monk' got knocked out by a former US police officer who is trained in muay thai aka the greatest martial art in the world

proof: youtube.com/watch?v=C7eVQQbkVZE

and that same police officer gets ko'd by the same "monk" for the title fight
youtu.be/x_g3x4CvdYY

also you do know they both practice muy thai. the monk and police background bullshit is only for pr

*rematch

this only works in finland, where most people are drunk

get off the fucking proxy

sick of hearing about this

tai chi isn't even fighting, fucking imaginary chi flow bullshit

and he was such a journeyman he had to go to china just to get a PPV event the absolute scrub

world champ my arse, probably IBO or something