Ask a medical student anything

Ask a medical student anything.

Why did you make this thread?

Are you actually in med school or just a bio major who wants to be?

which legal drugs from the apothecary are the best? please make a top 10 list to proof you're a real meds student

"just a bio major"

>inb4 medfags dont understand science

>be a chem grad student
>TA biochem lab courses
>Get a lot of senior bio major pre meds
>see their level of understanding of biochem
>know they don't get much or any biochem in med school
>fear for their future patients

Med students are retards and their whole undergrad is based off of classes where memorization and not application is the mode of testing/teaching

How the fuck does a 1mg Xanax knock me on my ass when I'm 6'4 and 300lbs but skinny little 5 ft nothing crack whores can take 2 or 3mg and feel nothing? Yes the Xanax is prescribed for me.

Tolerance and personal biochemisty

Why is the western medical profession a slave to big pharma? Too much of medicine these days is treating the symptoms and not the cause. Probably because it gets people hooked on life long medications if you solved the problem there wouldn't be as much money to be made. Not to mention medicating the side effects of the original medication.

Doctors don't biochem and don't understand anything, biochemically related, to the drugs they prescribe.

Is it worth it to study pharmacy?

Do you like searching databases, not thinking and counting?

Is that xanax?

to some degree it depends on how you feel about approx. US$120K annually

The other part is if you like giving people drugs that is not the best drug for them/their sickness but it's what their insurance covers/dumb dick doctor prescribes. Also doctors won't listen to you

Well, I mean, I like biology and chemistry, work as apothecary is chill and there's no anatomy on the studies, so it's ok. In Poland you have to have master degree in pharmacy to actually work in the drugstore

Makes sense. Spent the last few years tapering off unnecessary medication that the doc has told me "wasn't addictive".

In the USA med school is taught like dogma and the lack of understanding of biochemistry by doctors is scary from my point of view (I'm a biochemist). My friend who drop out of pharama school because he hated it said you couldn't ask questions in class or bring up biochemical arguments why the prof was wrong. They won't listen to you or consider your argument. He was taught to search databases for drugs and to select drugs based on insurance coverage and not effectiveness. I think it's seriously fucked that medicine is being prescribed based on costs and not effectiveness in the US.

why has the medical profession arranged for it to be :

> (a) easy to spell "constipation" ; but
> (b) hard to spell "diahhrea " ?

Wouldn't it be better if it was the other way round ?

Do you know anything about drug synthesis?

Learn chemistry, like organic chemistry

Also why has the medical profession arranged for it to be :

> (a) easy to remember the correct term for "boner" ; but
> (b) hard to remember the correct term for "erectile dysfunction " ?

I am an attending physician. And I'm telling you to go study. Plenty of time for Sup Forums In a few years after you've got yourself a big tittied wife.

pure pottery

Well, that's sad

Yup and he was at an internationally well known/respected med/pharama school

How many bitches have you banged between classes ?

I need an answer. You said “ask me anything.”

what's the best benzo for recreation?

FOLLOW UP question: Would you recommend a Master's or PhD? I think a Bachelor's is a bit underkill.

How easy is it to make all the common synthetic drugs?

What did you write on your personal statement?