How long did it takes to get over your first love ?

How long did it takes to get over your first love ?

Almost 4y and I feel like it's almost done.

Made me a better man, what about you user ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ABg0c_E7OOI
youtube.com/watch?v=bCiiZflTlTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm a piece of shit

Why ?

took me like 3 weeks. 4 years is the entirety of high school. time to move on there partner

Wasn't first love then

I slept with a lot of girls until I was about 19, I would say it was my addiction until I became addicted to alcohol because I'm a weak minded assblaster.

She was my first love, but she also is a terrible fucking thot.

>inb4 top tier beta fag.

3 year relationship, took me 2 years to get over

2 1/2 years, but I am in still in the process of getting over it.

Used to be the same piece of shit. Almost 4 months without alcohol. I'm almost 25 now. Last time I did not drinked for so long I was probably 18

I have 9 months, and when I became aware of her shit, I broke down to relapsing because I have her that power. I had almost two years at that point, man.

Such faggots all of you.

Keep going man, if you did it once you can do it twice, even better.

A man that doesn't play with fire can't get burned.

2 years, although my heart still skips a beat when i make eye contact w her, i no longer think about her nearly as much

I appreciate it.

Every now and then she appears in my dreams and In my dreams I still love her. It's been nine years.

10 years later and it still bothers me some whenever I'm thinking about it, but I don't.

I'm really only a fag master for you.

same here, man.I imagine her, and my son at the park. It fucking tears me up.

I feel myself to getting better by my hatred, but I would be lying if I said I didn't love her.

She broke my heart 2 weeks ago today. Am I going to make it?

I have to admit that even after 4y, I still dream about her sometimes, it feel good like nostalgia because but this used to fuck me up for days.

Guess you will never forget her and that's not that bad.

Be strong, work out, talk about your feelings, and talk to other girls.

it will always be there, but it is manageable.

About two years. Although, I'm not sure you ever fully "get over" a first real love. Mine was at age 16, and we had to move to different states a year later. At age 40, I ran in to her again by dumb fucking luck at a convention. Had a bunch of feelings rush up I thought were long gone.

It's gonna be a long journey and you will get better with time.

You will probably not believe me but you know user, I was there, 4y ago, on a feel thread, completly drunk writting that I was not going to make it.

Almost killed myself jumping into the cold water with 3g of alcohol.

But now, I am here and I feel happy, I feel like I'm living cause in the end, in these rude moments, where I needed her, she was not there.

Everything that I've made since then, she wasn't there. I only need myself.

Like you only need yourself. With time, you will understand this.

But for now, you're going to live a long adventure. Be strong user, be strong.

I agree with you, I saw a lot of people talking about the first love. You can get over it, but you can't forget it. It is manageable but it takes time.

Nobody can blame you for this user.

She wasn't actually my first love. I just saw this thread in the catalog and needed to vent. I finally thought I had found the woman I wanted to marry. I confessed my love for her.. And she said she felt the same way...and then 3 days later she's working things out with her ex.

47 here. I still have an ache for everybody that I've ever loved that I grew apart from/lost. I have a wife, kids, a 2 year old grandaughter, but it seems that these feelings are not a zero-sum situation.

ah, that is still fucking sad.

As a young man, I want to know. These feelings you are talking about, are their for only one girl or do you think about every ex you had ?

This is a serious question, I really want to know if THE FIRST ONE is the only one after all.

>20
>meet gril
>she has no confidence, shattered self image
>bring her confidence up make her feel valued
>she decides to go out with friends
>cheats on me with a 40 year old called "andy".
>26 now
>still stings

I had been friends with her for a long time. Asked her out somewhere like 6 years ago and she turned me down. Said she would have considered it if I wasn't so fat. Vowed to lose weight, but that never worked out. I'm still friends with her and I haven't met any girl who has a great personality and sense of humor like her. In a way I'm "over" her but if I was to lose weight somehow I'd certainly try asking again

and the thing is with me I never ever think about her. When I'm awake I'm not the least bit in love with her. I can barely even remember what she looked like.

But once in a blue moon I dream of her and we get back together and are happy as shit. Wtf.

dump her

4 years is not long once you reach like your mid 30s. Goes by in the blink of an eye.

She was the only woman who knew what a sperg I was...Never had to be anybody but myself and yet she loved me.. or so she said. I guess she just roped me in as a plan B in case she couldn't fix things with her ex.
FUCKING WOMEN right?

Fuck her for being shallow buddy. I’ve been with my wife for 8 years now into our thirties and we both gained weight....sheeeiiit. What I saw was all the skinny people getting heavy and the heavy staying that way or shedding the weight entirely.

>lose weight somehow

Consume less calories than you burn. It's literally as simple as that. Now if all you do is sit your fat ass at your computer all day eating cheetos and mountain dew that's a different issue. But anyone that says they can't lose weight is a liar.

A man came to me and asked me to help him losing weight. He was 175cm for more than 95Kg.

Simple, wake up at 6, go at gym for 1h.

1 day work out.
1 day off.

Give up satured fat.

Eat for 1300 kcal a day.

Start now.

January 2019, you won't be the same.

Nobody will do this for you.

Life isn't waiting for you.

Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.

You will be amazed to understand how strong you can be.

Find your goal.

Find why you do this.

And think about it, every fucking second like a mental.

You can change. You just have to do it.

If you don't love yourself, don't love life.

If there is always a problem.

You are the problem.

Go outside fucktard and fight back once in your life.

Go get what you want, once in your life.

F I G H T

B A C K

Year and a half maybe, it was tough but over time you stop giving a shit

For those few days I was so high. It was like no drug. I was just so fucking happy. My existence felt validated. And then she fucking took it all away.

Mine promised me alone that I was the greatest thing. I filled myself with that instead of working on myself. I got sober for her, and my son.

i became distant because she was cheating, and so I got a child support order, and parenting plan. She fucking hated that because I wanted equal time with my son, and said I raped her.

It was not even a couple of days after I got the contract.

So I broke down, drank, and slit my throat and wrist going downwards. I tried to hide myself so no one would find me, and they did.

I tried to end my life over some thot, and I broke myself. This whole last year, I have been working on repairing myself.

mah niggah

Harsh. Why are women so fucked up?

he did, it just hurts.

Human are different than things, repairing an human make him stronger.

They've always have been, we allow it.

She took my son, and ran to new york, and I'm still going to court over it.

well, here it is. i fell for her when i was 14. she wouldn't have anything to do with me then, she was 16 and dating the idiot that was heir to the WhatABurger money. then at 32 i had my dick in her making her holler. i still think of her today, but she means nothing to me. but on the other side of the coin, i can't be entirely sure that i wouldn't leave my wife for her if she wiggled her finger at me tomorrow. it's weird and really fucked up, but that's what it is. i can go for months without thinking of her, then bam.

Same here. It's been 2 years and although I don't see her much I do feel something around her

Quit being a crybaby OP
Nobody fucking cares

This post leads into another good question...
Why become attached to anyone or anything?
Keep it all at arms length emotionally

You still have to repair yourself, and learn new ways to cope.

Didn't mean to come off like I didn't know how. I've tried. I've had periods of time where I'd go to the gym 3x a week for months on end only to see very little progress. This was while I was eating balanced homecooked food. Nowadays there's no homecooked meals and I quit the gym until further notice (after all since I don't cook, the gym won't do much if I still eat like shit). Relationships are on hiatus until I can figure out what to cook for myself and how I can get to the gym after being stressed from work and all that.

a couple years
still get regular reminders of how much better off she is without me though

She's already been bouncing on my dick for 4 weeks ya faggot

Haven't. I married her.

It is biological for us to.

There are bad apples, but you have to be way more careful.

I did, as soon as I found out. Still hurts. A lot.

I hope you get it sorted out.
I wasted the best years to become a father 2 exes and many years ago. Now I feel like that ship has sailed... Or I had. This woman... She had me imagining children and picket fences and shit. I had never wanted it so much in my life.

People are allowed to have preferences. If she weighed as much as I did I wouldn't want to date her either. So I can't blame her for wanting a man she can be attracted to

Sound like excuse to me.

I'm 45. Getting over my first real love took about 15 years.

Same, man.

It is funny, if I knew what I know now, I would of never been with her. She is literally the case book "thot," our morals were nowhere near each others. Mine being traditional, and her's being more liberal.

I put too much effort into her, and tried to make it for my son. He already has statistics stacked against him being mixed, and now in a broken family.

I can only look to today now. Today I will be better.

All of them, but it's different for each one.

That's because it is. I'm prioritizing making money before anything. Once I have financial freedom I'll look into losing weight and eating healthier. I'm almost 30 and moaning about being lonely that's all

I fell in love with my cousin. We did the BOOM BOOM. She left me, and I did the BOO HOO! Now I'm fuckin' my step-mom. She's 69 years old. BADDA BING!

You won't lose weight by waiting anything. At least you're almost honest, which is nice. You can change you just don't want to.

Three days, but that's because she was annoying and was kinda happy to be rid of her.

I had a lot of gf but I only miss the first one. Can't understand how you can miss a lot of people like this dude

You have to win that fight. Children need fathers.

Oh ok, weird

This man is right. Do it for the kids.

Homecooked food isn't necessarily what you want though. It needs to be the correct food. Lean chicken, broccoli, brown rice etc.

You can definitely do it. Don't even have to go to the gym. Push ups, crunches, jumping jacks etc. don't require a monthly fee. A set of adjustable dumbbells and a simple bench can really help too.

You are one of the few on Sup Forums that I feel actually can do it, based on that reply.

As soon as I prove my innocences, I'm coming for my son.

He definitely can do it. He is just stuck in this part of life where you have to make effort but he is not willing to find the strenght to do it.

I know he can do it where a lot people can't.

He just don't want to.

Been almost 2 years off a 7 year relationship. Early 20s to around 27 to 28. I just turned 30. I've dated since and I think about her less but sometimes I get sad.

I don't think I'll ever be fully over Emily :(

That's like me sitting down to do my homework and write my papers at my computer. So many times I simply can't do it. This is where I do my gaming and fapping so to do tedious work here is a major effort.

this

Lol of course I want to, it's just not feasible unless I can plan everything out. Being fat my whole life fucked me up. I can't be seen with or around food. I have 3 roommates and if I wanted to cook I'd probably get them hanging around me while I'm doing it or asking questions about it, making a big deal about it. For me it's like being hopelessly addicted to crack, and then having to do crack in front of friends and family and be ashamed of it. So instead I just eat out (which is of course terrible for your weight)

Here's a little juicy tidbit to motivate you. What single mothers are doing to kids these days... I know this chick... who got divorced (shared custody, although the dad is a bit of a deadbeat)... and she couldn't maintain a steady place to live over the years...constantly in and out of one apartment or the next...and then she moved in with her mom...and then she asked me what she thought... like this old ex boyfriend of hers and his wife have a pretty big place out of town... I'm like
>I don't think all this unconventional family life shit is healthy for the development of kids...
>Her: Derp I don't know what you mean by that.
Anyways she went against my advice... so now her daughters are watching mommy become the third wheel in some Chad harem.
Also she never goes on vacation WITH her daughters...she always stuffs them with her mom and goes on vacation FROM her daughters. Fucking women...
Win that fight user. Win it for the future of all men.

Thanks dude, and that food is literally what I was actually eating. Mostly good Spanish home cooking. I'd consider working out at home but I prefer the anonymity of being in a gym, vs stomping around in a house full of people

>Be me
>First time fucking and its this Mexican chick
>en
>Bust a load in her cunt in the car
>Keep fucking her for months.
Turns out the chick had a Mexican boyfriend
she got prego and said it was his.
They got married.
>Years later look her up on facebook
>Kid looks like me.
Cuck breading is true love.

Once or twice a year I have a dream about a girl I dated for 8 months in 1993-1994.

What the fuck is up with that.

I don't know how long it will take.

It's already been nearly a year since the accident and i still feel that if I was there i could have changed it. But I work overseas.

Please never drink and drive. If you hit somebody it doesn't just affect yourself.

Yeah, I agree. she isn't even good with money, would rather get tattoos. I was the financial person in the relationship.

lol, she is getting some piss poor art degree. not even a teaching degree. Almost as compelling as lesbian dance theory.

I really appreciate that, dude.

About a year or two.
I met my now wife in that time; it isn't difficult getting over your first love when you meet your future spouse.

You're probably too young for this to motivate you: youtube.com/watch?v=ABg0c_E7OOI

wrote these songs about my first girlfriend it still cuts pretty deep much love to all u guys n girls hirt ing out there youtube.com/watch?v=bCiiZflTlTc

Between dating and being engaged, I was with mine for nearly 10 years. Found out the bitch was cheating on me; hadn't gotten to a physical affair yet, but she was exchanging pictures and sex chat over text, voice, and video with some college dude she met in an RP chat room. Found out because I am admin on my network, I had access to all her accounts and I owned all the devices she used. She tried to say it was part of the RP, but I didn't buy that shit for one minute, kicked that bitch out of my house.

It's been three months since then, almost to the day. I still feel like my fucking heart has been ripped out. But I know she's not coming back, no matter what; I won't let her. The only thing that keeps me going right now is my anger.

Seriously /thread

She's a useless cunt who's better off dead.

Took me about two years of living with her to have nothing but contempt. She's a useless slob, worthless mother, wouldn't keep house, wouldn't work, and cheated on me with one of my best friends. The night I found them I kicked her out of the house for good.

Life's too short to pine over one woman forever. There will always be a better one for you out there.

Not my first love but...

I thought I got over her but I can't suddenly stop thinking about her pale, petite legs

I can almost feel them in my dreams

Be strong pal. Go MGTOW for a while (turd flinging monkey is good) if you have to, or lurk in /r/theredpill

well, i hunted her untill after five years (no contact for 4 of those), i renewed contact, and we dated again.

it was unneccesary in any way imaginable.

>2006—
Going on 12 years. Everyday I see her life in pieces on her snapchat story. I know she wouldn't love me for who I become and selling drugs was always a turn off for her.

Funny how non-hood rat women tend to want a stable, ambitious man over a drug dealer

I was in a relationship for almost 6 years, but the whole time I never stopped thinking about someone else. The one that "got away." I was honest w/ my girlfriend that I had mixed feelings about us but she kept trying to "fix" things.

Shortly after that ended I made a bunch of life changes - switched careers, moved, made all new friends, cut off ties w/ family (long fucking story) and that's around the time when I stopped thinking about love #1. All told, from the time I first started crushing on her until I was completely over it was close to a decade.

Met love #2 not long after that. Lots of twists and turns with that one but we're married now!

We both used to be in the ghetto, but we weren't trashy compared to the people sitting on probation waiting for their next court dates. She also moved 4 hours north while I stayed in this shithole with sniffers and smokers.

>Gf of 3 years
>Cheated on her with some thot
>Broke up subsequently cause she got paranoid
>Dating hotter chick
>Still not over her a year later
>feelsbad.jpg

Not long, it was a mentally abusive relationship, she was experienced, I wasn't and it totally fucked my mind.

Second girl I fell in love with was incredible… Turns out she was a manipulative bitch too…

Third girl was just needy and clingy.

My luck with the opposite sex is shit.