What are some audiophile albums?

What are some audiophile albums?

Came here 2 post this

I think you mean

One of the Rage Against the Machine albums, I don't remember which one.

Best sounding sacds in my system:
NIN - Downward Spiral
Beck - Sea Change
Bartok - Concerto for orchestra (RCA)
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

Fear Factory - Genexus

Though to be honest, as an audiophile you have to respect electronic music since it has a VERY clean mix.

Hahaha, either you're joking, or not an audiophile.

Why in the FUCK would you recommend a rock album from 1977? Rock music is recorded with an array of analog microphones and mixed into a single track, resulting in a scratchy waveform. How in the hell could you possibly recommend that as an audiophile album?

Furthermore, it was made before you were even fucking born. Recording technology has come a LOOONG way since then.

I swear, some people are just set in on their old beliefs and only like old people music because their dad did.

It’s a meme you dork

>i was just acting retarded
hur.

In all seriousness, I blow a fuse when people suggest that the beatles, or some other shit from the ancient past, is the best shit ever made and the peak of audio quality.

What is an audiophile genre?

Don't be retarded, audiophiles want to listen to that exact shitty mix.

There's a difference in listening to a shitty mix with shitty wares, and listening to a shitty mix with good wares

To answer you OP, literally any album you fucking tard

Okay? Audio quality isn’t what makes good music anyway

Audio quality defines being an audiophile. You know, the thing we're talking about?

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase.
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused To Sing
Steven Wilson - To The Bone

In all seriousness, an audiophile song would have these qualities

-clean sound and waveform. Not scratchy or overdriven (like death metal)
-Cleanly mixed in a proper recording studio (no indie albums or anything made before the 90s)
-Has a nice mix of lows, mediums and highs. Bass is crisp, not muddy. Highs sound clean and not staticy.

Yeah I guess this is an audiophile thread, I’m just saying audiophilia is retarded

I thought production got like bad in recent years or some shit? Regardless this seems like such a dumb interest

>or anything made before the 90s
Loudness war has ravaged 95% of the album made in and after this era, what's left?

Its a personal thing. Like graphic-philes like playing games that look really pretty and video-philes like watching uncompressed 4k video. Well, audiophiles like listening to high quality sounds. This is 100% independent from your taste in music.

Its like if someone tries to show you a song on SD youtube and you can't help but notice how shitty and muddy it sounds. Or if someone turns on the FM radio (god help you) and all you can hear is ugly static and lofi sounds. Being an audiophile means caring about that shit.

I agree that the loudness war really fucked audiophiles, but theres still some bands that have really clean mixes. Mainly electronic music or classical/jazz.

That being said, I still love lamb of god and metallica, I just wish they didn't fuck up their mix by cranking it to 11/10

Well thats just your opinion, man.

If you owned a proper stereo system then went back to some shitty laptop speakers you might change your mind

it's their debut aka their best

>What's Goin' On - Marvin Gaye
>Bad mixing

Bjork- vespertine
The Streets- original pirate material
Tame impala- Currents
The 1975- I like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it
Boris- pink
Fuck you

That sounds truly awful but yeah I guess if that’s your life then whatever

bump