What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tripods
m.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hURW6Vxqs
youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That should have waited for Elle to play the girl.

>what went wrong?
not much desu. kids were annoying, yes, but it was nicely endtimey

Derivative as FUCK. STICK WITH YOUR FUCKING STORY, STEVEN

No Thunderchild
Has to fucking involve goddam children
tom fucking cruise
the fact that Tripods were pre made underground makes no fucking sense at all, like the martians made them underground why didnt they conquer the planet then? its fucking stupid

Its decent but could be far better

Tom cruise of course

I liked it.

>pleb tier movies

Nothing went wrong, it was bound to be shit.

nothing, i watched it on cinema as soon as it came out and everyone loved it, u mad op?

Not much, really. Aside from the fucking annoying kids, it was kino.

>when you're watching the ferry scene, you a large crowd of calm people with soldiers guarding the streets and music playing and you start to feel safe like you're getting some distance between you and the disaster
>train crossing lights up and everyone waits for the train to go by
>it's going 120 mph and is completely on fire

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tripods

It wasn't 3 movies of this.

I did to, I could watch the tripods for ages they were really well done and probably the best part of the movie

It wasn't the musical
THERE WERE SHIPS OF SHAPES AND SIZES
SCATTERED OUT ALONG THE BAY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hURW6Vxqs

That fucking sound gave me nightmares as a kid

youtube.com/watch?v=tb4BWSUV8mM
Try OOOOOOLAAAAAA
OOOOOOOOOLAAAAAAAAAAA

Bad director and child actors.

They cast the wrong Fanning.

>No Thunderchild

It was a better, scarier, and more realistic movie for excluding this. First of all, a modern warship would have few weapons that it could effectively use at close range. Second, if it actually managed to take take down a tripod like in the book, that would make the tripods seem vulnerable and the movie would feel more like a war than an extermination. It would be far less scary. If you can fight, you can distract yourself by trying to hurt your enemy. If you can't even hurt him, all you can do is run. And when you can't even run forever, that's scary.

Plus, we got a pretty good battle scene on the hilltop. It even looked like they lit one of the tripods on fire, but the explosions and bullets themselves never got through.

>No Thunderchild
No one gives a shit bout MUH HUGE MANITEE.
>Has to fucking involve goddam children
He would have poor character development without them, like the novel's protagonist.
>tom fucking cruise
Reddit.
>why didnt they conquer the planet then?
They wanted blood to nourish their crops and create a food supply. Doesn't work if they conquer before the humans are plenty enough.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tripods
loved the first book as a kid...revisited it years later only to find out it got a TV series and watched that...

Theres no way that this would get made today...unless it was altered to make it completely left leaning.

no shrink ray