twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Depoop load xD

i don't listen to alt-right music

Was this underrated as fuck or what?

Good momcore. Personal Jesus is fucking overrated though

Yes

very good
new order is my favourite 80's synthpop band though

Almost every track they've released apart from the handful of singles you know has been directionless filler.

That's a lot of redundancy.

music by art fags for art fags

ALL I EVER WANTED

god tier until sofad when they fell off hard

I CANT UNDERSTAND WHAAAAT MAKES A MAN HATE ANOTHER MAN

youtube.com/watch?v=LqrgO1j_N74
youtube.com/watch?v=NKSvA1rv6ro
youtube.com/watch?v=CJnexwvzR_M
youtube.com/watch?v=Vue-4Mv71Tc

LMAOing at your life

MORE LIKE DEEP ASS CHODE

Playing the angel and Songs of the universe was decent

IT'S JUST A QUESTION OF TIIIIMEEEEE

THAT IS FALSE
Only 30% of their 80s output could be called filler.

Which technically makes them less proficient than Duran Duran but let's not argue that.

>caring about 80s Depeche Mode, not Post-Enjoy The Silence Depeche Mode
Fucking pleb, my man!

Enjoy the Silence was the start of their downfall you fool.

How the fuck can you be such a pleb!? Are you still stuck in the fucking 80s!?

Was that supposed to be an insult?

Of course not, dad.

>dad
bitch I might be!

Richard Spencer's favourite band

is that the "imagine moi shock" guy with the dick-sucking lips or is it the conehead guy?

>Only 30% of their 80s output could be called non-filler.
fixed

the question is: why listen to Depeche Mode when you could be listening to Duran Duran, Alphaville and Gary Numan?

Despicable though he is, it must feel really shitty to have the singer of your favorite band call you, personally, a cunt.

pitchfork.com/news/71963-depeche-modes-dave-gahan-richard-spencer-is-a-cunt/

to be fair

he is a cunt

Because they all stagnated after the 80s, while Depeche Mode has been getting better and more mature

To be fair he's a cunt.

Why listen to Duran Duran or Alphaville when you can listen to Japan?

this is Rio
she's laughing at your taste

uh
because Japan is less upbeat, less fun and less powerful.

I didn't say Duran Duran are bad. In fact, they are really good. But Depeche Mode evolved, and Duran Duran didn't

pls
youtube.com/watch?v=nI3wvK8-D10

come undone is a great single

not only is that false, it's also an exaggeration of DM's range.

Their most daring (and successful) move in recent history was letting linkin park collab with them.

see, it's fun and stuff, but Duran Duran would do it better

>it's also an exaggeration of DM's range
Who the fuck is talking about range!? I'm talking about improving their previous style, which is now very different from what it was in the 80s

and is actually worse off for it.

>artist is white and doesn't apologize about it
wow nazi scum

Speak and Spell [Sire, 1981]

"New Life" is worthy of Eno at his most rhapsodically technopastoral, but most of this tuneful pap crosses Meco (without the humble functionalism), Gary Numan (without the devotion to surface), and Kraftwerk (without the humor--oh, definitely without the humor). You'd think after seventy-five years people would have seen through the futurist fallacy--an infatuation with machinery is the ultimate one-sided love affair. But then, this isn't futurism--they call it pop. C+

Catching Up With Depeche Mode [Sire, 1985]

Their second half-assed compilation in a year and a half finally gets it half right, putting a single sleeve around their most tuneful technotopia and death-fluff. Granted, it omits their only actual U.S. hit, "People Are People," already reprised to bait the dire Some Great Reward, baiting instead with the previously un-American Everything Counts EP, which holds up indifferently in such select company, though the squishy "Fly on the Windscreen" bookends the blasphemous "Blasphemous Rumors" neatly enough. But the collection has a structure, proceeding chronologically from young technotopian romance to slightly older technodystopian despair. First they "Just Can't Get Enough," then they ponder "The Meaning of Love," then they doubt "Love in Itself," then they play "Master and Servant." The little girls understand. B+

>but Duran Duran would do it better
"no"

>speak and spell
>without humor
christgau confirmed humorless

Music for the Masses [Sire, 1987]

When Vince Clarke departed Yazward in 1982, Fashion-in-a-Hurry's commercial doom was presumed sealed, whereupon Martin Gore went ahead and proved how easy it is to write ditties once you're in a position to exploit them. It's not as if anybody can, but at this point in pop's progress potential supply far exceeds potential demand. Yet only rarely is the production process altogether mechanical. Gore can't create without venting his shallow morbidity, which happens to mesh with a historically inevitable strain of adolescent angst, and he takes himself seriously enough to have burdened albums with concept and such. This time, however, the title announces his determination to give it up to his even shallower singer, David Gahan, who likes Gore's message because it's a good way to impress girls. Dark themes combine with light tunes until the very end of side two. Anybody with an interest in adolescent angst (adolescents included) can sob or giggle along as the case may be. B+

Violator [Sire/Reprise, 1990]

Fearing the loss of their silly grip on America's angst-ridden teens, who they're old enough to know are a fickle lot, they forge on toward the rap market by rhyming "drug" and "thug." And for the U.K.'s ecstasy-riding teens, who God knows are even more fickle, there's the techno-perfect synth/guitar sigh/moan that punctuates the easily rescinded "Policy of Truth." C-

Songs of Faith and Devotion [Sire/Reprise, 1993] *bomb*

>but let's not argue that.

lets pretend we did