I’m getting a baby Central American Wood turtle in a few days. Anything I should know?

I’m getting a baby Central American Wood turtle in a few days. Anything I should know?

Is the cage in pic good? It’s a rabbit cage that is 4/5 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 3 feet tall that I bought.

Other urls found in this thread:

market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=161&de=1191624
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any advice?

There's a bird in there

It’s a pottery bird for decoration.

she will need sand, and a lot of space

Is my rabbit cage enough space?

That cage is small compared to the space it needs, plus I suppose you'll have a space of water for it

I have no choice but to use the rabbit cage.

but turtle needs water

The blue box in is where I’ll put the water.

I'm looking for a goliath spider but I do not know how to bring it in the suitcase

Bump

can't you just overnight ship it to yourself?

no bro,going to die if you have her in those conditions

I've been looking for a pet, can't have a cat/dog at the moment, possibly looking into gargoyle geckos.

Best of luck to you opie

No,they live in Brazil, I do not know how I'll do that but I'm really obsessed with those spiders

Will it really die?

not sure, if you take care of it properly no

Bamp

Where are you located user? states?

turtles only eat when they are underwater. also don't forget heat lamps and whatnot. its really not easy user, i know i came into a turtle myself against my will and its so hard to care for it in terms of tanks cleanings and getting the right size not to mention water filters, water heaters, and lights.

I’ve got all of the heating stuff etc. down. My main question is if the cage will work or not. Any btw, the turtle is 2 months old if that changes anything

aloof

>aloof
market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=161&de=1191624

damn its def going to die, baby turtles are hella difficult to take care of and even in good environments they die.

>A suitable enclosure (indoors or outdoors) will measure around 6 feet wide by 8 feet long and 8 inches tall, with an easily accessible freshwater pond area about one-third of the enclosure's size.

OMG thank you

I’m pretty close to those measurements don’t you think?

Another user, it's fine if it's a baby, but once he starts getting bigger, you may need to introduce him to an outdoor enclosure to compensate for space.

Is this one of those spiders?

How long will it take for him to need a bigger space?

idk user i'd say pass up on getting this pet for the time being

May take a couple years, give or take.

I'm not really too sure how big these turtles get, so take it with a grain of salt.

I don't use bark chips, I have a rescue tortoise and the previous owner used then, it deform the claws and front feet, use plays and or topsoil only

Also remember to sift through for shit and piss daily or infections happen often, replace all the soil/sand monthly

First off Central American Wood Turtles do not eat wood like many believe. They eat fruits, leaves and insects. They love cold climates...surprisingly so keep your wood turtle in the fridge or better yet the freezer. They enjoy playing in the toilet for exercise. Most Central American Wood turtles will shit around 11,000 times there body weight a week so a 1 lb Central American Wood turtle will produce around 11,000 lbs of foul smelling Central American Wood turtle turds a week. I have two and throw their fecal matter over my neighbor's fence.

How much does the Turtle cost?

75$

That's kinda cheap, going for about $400 online. Where you getting it from?

I got the last one. They’re sold out now.