Say something nice

Today's the 20th birthday of one of the best post-rock albums of all time, say something nice about it.

It's good :)

but Hex was released on February 14, 1994.

but user, Hex isn't even on this album

what are some good mogwai albums? i listened to the hawk is howling and didn't quite like it, so i'd like to give them a second chance.

anyone else feel like this record has a really unique atmosphere to it? it's like a really special kind of loneliness/longing. goes really well with city night lights. r u still in 2 it is probably the best mogwai song.

well i'd recommend you start with this one (young team in case it wasn't clear) and move your way in chronological order. If you want my top 3 it is:
>young team
>rock action
>les revenants ( all their soundtrack work is amazing really)
They are also on a world tour rn, you should try and see them live. It's great!

it's a post-rock that's really closer to rock than anything else in the second and third waves of post-rock. That might be why.
>special kind of loneliness/longing
to me it's mostly an album about being young, and all the frustration that comes with but at the same time there's that drive to push you forward in every crescendo. I don't picture this album as rainy day inside so much as the walk home from the bar with your best friend. When everything seems possible but out of reach at the same time.

this 100000%. One of my all time favorites because of that, it's especially noticeable on Radar Maker; i feel like i'm in an abandoned warehouse in the freezing cold. Tracy and R U Still in 2 it are my go to sad songs

this album is the soundtrack for walking home drunk at 3am in the freezing cold

The outro of the last song is perfect.

it's "mogwai fear satan" in case you we're wondering and yes. That song is fantastic.

literally the most boring album in all of post rock if not all of music

well i disagree user, why do you find it boring?

it's like gy!be but all twinkly guitar shit with none of the strings/field recordings/interesting bits

so not like gy!be?
If the point of comparison is only the moody guitars its not worth comparing to gy!be in my opinion.
I enjoy both band in different ways personally.

one of the first albums i liked. mogwai fear satan is still a banger.

>so not like gy!be?
i guess

i just fucking hate mogwai, the emotional dishonesty meme should have been aimed at them instead
although nobody here really cares about mogwai so there wouldn't really have been any point

That track is so much better than everything else they made, kinda disappointing

EP+6
My Father My King
Happy Songs for Happy People

You can't go wrong with most of their live recordings.

just avoid anything including and released after mr beast.

wrong, as you've not heard the entirety of ep+6 or my father my king.

lel

Special Moves

One of the best live recordings I’ve heard and the songs are just body destroying