Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=itgqXRvVxBw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith
youtube.com/watch?v=WEj8LqTMIhY&list=PLHcqc1P5lo7JW4Oi6-roMhVE9hwJgNUPv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Mormon overlord here

you will now die because traitoring

why did you leave

that's a really broad question but I'll try to answer, basically the entire foundation is pretty shaky, the history, doctrine, and organization.

Did you live in salt lake?

my family is a rarity, I'm a forth generation Mormon born and raised in South Carolina

How do you fold your aprons in the temple?

Utah or non-Utah?

badly
non-Utah, as I said above

What's the best thing to say or ask about to get the door-to-door suit and tie guys to run away and avoid you?

Nevermind. What do you think of their eugenics program?

answering the door with some sort of weapon
I've heard a lot of weird shit going on in the church but I haven't heard about that yet

>>be OP
>>be not from salt lake
>>claim to be mormon
>>actually is a faggot

did you have to return your magic underwear

you realize there are more Mormons outside of Utah than there are in Utah right?

99% of religions are like that, I don't blame ya

Is fucking a trap gay?

I burned that shit and now use some of them as makeshift cloths for cleaning

i have a friend who was on chile and said there is a guy on every group who talks to god every six weeks. he has a key its this true? not that is real i mean you people believe it?

Probably because you're not based in Utah. Are they obsessed with genealogy and singles wards and such or is that basically just for the OG bloodlines?

I realize there are cuck fools who send money to the temple in salt lake, where the real Mormons are

not in the same way as Mormonism, it's so blatantly false in a way far far beyond large religions
it's a little bit bisexual lets be honest
Mormons believe in personal revelation so the delusions can be pretty strong
they are just as obsessed with that stuff here. they might actually be more obsessed with singles ward here because there are less mormons around and they gotta marry what they can get.

sup bro...Native here. Stopped going to church at Teacher mode...I agree. Lots of shady shit, nothing makes sense, and...they think I'm less than shit cuz I'm Native...I was devout bro. Like how we're supposed to be. I sometimes miss the brev tho...having cool friends to bitch to about being Morm...I'd had a lot of cool experiences through the church. And I know how it made me feel. Like I belonged, but as I grew older I realized I was never really regarded as legit by the priesthood...
I grew up in Southern Alberta, *Little Utah*

Why do you wait outside mcdonalds every morning with a bookshelf for your pamphlets?

How could you believe in all the lies of the Mormon religion. It is false doctrine and Joseph Smith seemed like a moron that was always searching for treasure with seer stones. When he wrote the book of Mormon and it was "lost" by the potential publisher he couldn't even reproduce the exact words that he wrote the fist time.

did you read the book in OP? how is it?

do you still believe in something or are you atheist/agnostic?

What was your reaction the first time you heard that the garden of eden was in Missouri?

Once I left I realized that I didn't actually have any friends and they all abandoned me after I left the church, they were only my friends because I was Mormon. I have much more genuine friends now that I'm non-mormon
to save your soul and send you to kolob
because I was raised in it my entire life, you can teach a kid to believe anything.
I did read the book of mormon, multiple times. I was pretty atheistic for awhile but I've recently become Catholic
I think I remember feeling patriotic that it was in the United States

Are the singles wards still separated by ethnicity and economic standing or is that Utah specific?

there are too few mormons around to split up what little they have

how can mormons possibly believe the stupid shit they're taught?

Same friend from chile said that when you die you get a planet to govern as a God.

>because I was raised in it my entire life, you can teach a kid to believe anything.

yeah, but if you have common sense you can see that it is false doctrine and you can see how senseless Joseph smith was by reading about him and his actions and lies.

>I did read the book of mormon, multiple times. I was pretty atheistic for awhile but I've recently become Catholic
interestingm I myself am finishing the bible for the first time, have always been interested in religions and was considering reading the book of mormon. Do you think its worth it even not agreeing/believing in it? Also, how long is it compares to the bible?

they are either raised to believe it as a child or they are people who were taken advantage of while they are in a shitty point in their lives and it gives them a sense of belonging to something bigger

Makes sense. Are you considered a "bad" Mormon for offering less than %10 as tithing or is that also a Utah thing?

I will pray for you OP, here:
youtube.com/watch?v=itgqXRvVxBw

>ask an ex-mormon anything

is it true you can swap daughters with your neighbor?

this is an actual belief
which is why I'm non Mormon any longer, plus the church discourages people from investigating it so people in the church don't know a lot of the bullshit
it doesn't compare to the bible at all and its a really shitty book by basic literary standards, read what Mark Twain said about the book of mormon, it's hilarious
you literally can't go into their temples and perform their most important rituals unless you pay a 10% tithe, which means you wouldn't be able to save dead relatives or be with your family when you die

how do mormon girls and boys legally get down together? is there any like underground fucking going on

maybe in the fundamentalist sects
I only ever knew of one case where two mormon teens in my church were fucking and the parents found out and forced the girl to get a restraining order on her boyfriend. Most cases of Mormons having premarital sex is when they fall in love with a non-mormon that talks them into it

Catholic? That's almost worse than Mormon. Almost.

What was the first piece of evidence that initially made you start to question the church and begin your quest for evidence?

>which is why I'm non Mormon any longer, plus the church discourages people from investigating it so people in the church don't know a lot of the bullshit

This is where I learned about it from:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Smith

I read that after seeing the South Park episode that was making fun of it:

youtube.com/watch?v=WEj8LqTMIhY&list=PLHcqc1P5lo7JW4Oi6-roMhVE9hwJgNUPv

What do Mormons think of twins?

not even close to being alike user
initially was when I watched a video with an former mormon higher up that gave a speech on different sources Joseph Smith used to cobble together the book of mormon
I'm not sure what you mean

>maybe in the fundamentalist sects

how do I join one of those?

>not in the same way as Mormonism, it's so blatantly false in a way far far beyond large religions

Then you aren't looking close enough.

they're not alike religiously aside from the fact that they're both construed from maybe 1 or 2 verses in the bible, total, and then the rest is made up.

yeah, that's true. There was, I GUESS, a small harem that followed me cuz I was both LDS and Native, something that would make all White Mormon girls wet af! But once I stopped going I never heard from them again. Funny, they always loved to *test* me with regard to the priesthood and I always proved them wrong. I studied a LOT, prolly more than they did

how would they test you? try to have sex with you, you mean? I would have taken advantage of that on my exit and fucked a couple when i decided to leave LOL

Ask a current Mormon anything :^)

Neat, I like that it's that forced for non-Utah Mormons, it really demonstrates your value in the eyes of the church. What's the sketchiest thing you've noticed?

you don't, they live in towns that are surrounded by walls with their own police force and they hate outsiders (which they call gentiles)
as someone who is extremely familiar with both I'd say you don't know what you're talking about
I'm not sure if you should be proud of that user

>LDS
>Native
Yeah, you know, all chicks totally love Nephites, the ones condemned in the BoM.

do you take sacrament before going through the repentance process for browsing Sup Forums? If so, you are going to outer darkness, sorry bud

i think he meant knowledge of the religion

why haven't you talked to your bishop about browsing Sup Forums?

Aw nuts :^((((
That's not a requirement B

I live in Utah, when I was younger all these Mormons tried inviting me to these events from their church. Where they trying to covert me?

yes

why is it that the book of mormon contains translation errors from specifically the 19th century king james bible if god translated it to joseph word for word?

yes, without a doubt. no friendship is ever completely sincere in mormonism

Possibly. Or make friends. I'm a convert, I had a ton of LDS friends who respected my own beliefs and didn't even invite me to church when I was young

Did you convert to Christianity?

yes, but not right away

God Translated it to Joseph word for word?
You are aware that God didn't just whisper the entire book into his ear as he wrote it down, right?

It was translated from tablets from an ancient language passed along many different authors.

shit im from Gville SC, grew up in the mormon church left when i was still a teenager. still have a lot of heavy relatives in it though.

What is the deal with the secrete under wear?? was that joe smiths doing? how is it possible to keep clean underwear during the time he founded the church???

there are no *Bishops" like what you think, they are a certain age for the Priesthood and they are called Bishops if they are 12 and under. After that they are 'Teachers"

bumpo!!!

Yes, that's what they would do

Temple Garments.
Many religions have different ways of showing their commitments. Jews have the yamaka, Muslims have Hijabs, Mormons have Temple Garments. We just wear it UNDER our clothes.
Also you typically own many different pairs, like regular underwear. I don't know where this stereotype exists where Mormons just have one pair.

Also do you have down syndrome?

We're regarded as "Lamanites"...

the golden tablets were written before the 19th century, so your argument still doesn't make sense. It was buried in the ground shortly after Jesus visited the America's after being crucified. why would it contain 19th century KJV translation errors if the authors of the BOM are all 1800 years older than that translation? (also know as the translation joseph smith had :-))

Very wrong.
Bishop is the head of the church, such as a Catholic priest.

Whoops goof, I was thinking of Nephites before going on Sup Forums lol

he literally translated it by putting a seer stone into a hat and he would see the words appear one at a time inside the hat, however, the mormon church always depicts him studying the tablets which is totally in contradiction with the history.
I might even know you, the SC mormon community isn't exactly big
they believe the garments protect them from evil and physical harm, the secret underwear in Josephs time would be more like long johns

omg dude....

I have a little... but you evaded the question...

i refraze (there is my down....) did he come up with them or was it after he started his enterprise ???

kden

except jews and muslims don't believe their clothing has magical powers

So did you ever go to a Jewish graveyard to convert the bodies so they get into Mormon heaven? Or is that like a high level thing?

we would baptize any names we could get our hands on, the most I ever did in one day was 80

> (You)
>they believe the garments protect them from evil and physical harm, the secret underwear in Josephs time would be more like long johns

now this makes sense.. but where they created by the man himself??

What is your secret temple name?

So you just need the names huh? That sounds kinda easy. Like if I was to join up I'd assume I'd have to at least show up and get water drizzled on me. How exactly did that work?

no, they don't go that far. the temple garment business is a major source of income for the church
peter

probably. what county are you from

you have to be mormon for quite some time before they let you into the temple, and you'd need to go through interviews for them to judge if you're worthy to enter
I live in York county

It has two purposes
To remind ourselves of our beliefs and responsibilities
And that we hope they protect us from temptations and evil thoughts.
No one is saying it's gonna stop a bullet.

Tyrone Williams

Matthew Chapter 3
Baptism

(You)
no, they don't go that far. the temple garment business is a major source of income for the church

See... this is exactly my point. how is it that this following seems to morph but people are still not mediocre enough to know its all bullshit... how are we such sheep???

you're full of shit, me and you both know that we grew up hearing stories of garments protecting people from physical harm, don't lie

>Hey this is why we do this and why
>"NO THEY JUST WANT MONEY!!1"
Alright buddy

Former anti-mormon convert, I grew up Atheist.

I'm also ex-mormon. Did you fall away when they told you to divide among your family at the wedding?

Public Service Announcement: Contact a dude named 'New Name Noah' online and say your cousin is getting married. He'll loan you a temple pass and then you can go do whatever you want to do in there. Preferably your plan would somehow involve sex, alcohol, and shit.

no but if I hadn't left before I would have then

Also untrue. Literally just receive your aaronic and don't do stupid stuff.
Took me two months

you didn't just drink the kool-aid, you chugged it

Just saying it wasn't hard.
A lot of people are turned off because they can't bring their filth into temples without being worthy
And by the way, the interview is the EXACT SAME interview they do before you're baptized.
"You Christian? Believe in our prophets? Gay?" Etc etc

>>shitpost