Why

why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YOPNVs9Ypw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another episode of Only in America

Put down the soy latte and bury that shit deep inside you like a real fucking man does.

When I lived in arizona a group of people set off a mortar firework in someones entry way. blew out every window and almost set their house on fire and set off every car alarm around that house. asking people to not do shit like that is reasonable.

image related, this thread.

>Put down the soy latte and bury that shit deep inside you like a real fucking man does.

We've digged so deep into the anti-sjw circlejerk that being a combat veteran with ptsd is the equivalent of being a soyboy.

Option A
>inconvenience entire neighborhood by not allowing fireworks so one guy doesn't have a bad time
Option B
>inconvenience one guy by making him do something to keep himself occupied to ignore the fireworks

HMMMMMM

Please don't post that pic, every time I see it I think of his sexy logs and I have to rub one out. Please think of others

I think you people may be looking at this the wrong way.

I'll admit the military fanaticism in this country is out of fucking control, and so many people wear mental illnesses like badges of honor...

but maybe this is a good way to tell your friends and neighbors "hey if I hear shit going off, I might freak out and think I'm trench deep in gooks- I was trained to murder, so watch the fuck out if you see me running around screaming in a foreign language."

Maybe that's just me though.

Should have thought about that before going to defend the ~~global military empire complex~~ United States. Leave town and get therapy.

The problem is Everyone I've ever met who has served in the military claims PTSD. I just have a hard time believing its so common and widespread, and I think vets just use it as an excuse.

vets are just too pampered here. I kid you not I know two army vets in their early 30s who retired already and living an extremely good life in the most expensive part of town and travel all the time. no idea how.

gee, i bet he shits himself when a thunderstorm happens.

I'll admit that, they're not above the idiots that claim bipolar (old trend) or aspergers (newer trend) or 50 shades of autism (newest trend)

I think there's validity in both sides here. Some people are full of shit, and others might genuinely need to warn their neighbors that they might lose their minds and kill them with a garrote.

It's like the gluten free fad too- some people have legit Celiac disease, and wheat can fucking kill them. They can't get taken seriously because every yoga faggot thinks their fat ass has to go gluten free, so they bug chefs and grocery stores, who stop taking all of them so seriously.

you mean like the entire generation of Nam vets that drank and junked themselves to death over the past 50 years?

I have met two vets who claimed PTSD from their service even though they never saw combat.

i'm confused. are you saying that bi-polar isn't real? Are you that much of a sheltered NEET?

oh it's real, it's just that many who claim to be bipolar aren't fucking bipolar at all, same fucking deal with depression/anxiety/autism etc.

I'm saying that bi-polar used to be the big mental illness back in my day, before literally every college freshman taking Psych 101 self-diagnosed.

It is real. Aspergers is real, or some kind of autism according to the new DSM, and Autism is real. My problem is not being able to weed the afflicted from the retarded.

People LOVE to self-diagnose- we all know that. It's a hail mary attempt at seeming quirky when you reach the end of adolescence and realize there's fucking nothing amazing or interesting about you. (not you specifically)

dug*

Too much log posts. Post traumatic log syndrome

>digged

>implying it's that easy
>implying you experience what he has and can "just ignore the fireworks"
>not having the basic human capability to empathize
>being a sociopath
hmmmmmmmmmmm

*dugger

>Not owning headphones

Fuck it, just let your problems fuck up everyone's fun.

I hate fireworks unless I'm outside watching them, I shut the windows, put on headphones and turn up the music/tv/movie/white noise and I don't hear a single fucking firework on the 4th when all my neighbors go nuts. i'm not dismissing ptsd or those who suffer from it, but up to a certain point, dealing with your illness is YOUR responsibility, not everyone else's. he has the capacity to block out the noise, thus it isn't worth inconveniencing everyone else over it.

My brother in law was in fallujah and doesnt claim to have ptsd. I was at his house for 4th of July, fireworks were going off and he just kept yelling "Get Some!" Shit was hilarious. Before i met him though, i hated marines and military people for exactly these reasons. Theyre welfare queens and bullies.
They travel because of the GI Bill

So? Im a fry cook at wendys and i suffer

bipolar is typically under diagnosed

That sign is going to be a magnet for kids with fireworks.

I've got 6 diagnosed types PTSD just from posting on Tumblr

Being a whiny bitch doesn't make everyone else a sociopath. It just makes you a whiny bitch who wants attention..

Soooo if you have no idea when fireworks will start, smoetimes a day before all the way up to a day after the holiday, you have to do all this bullshit for 3 days? how is that fair?

It's fair because it's your problem to deal with, not theirs.

actually the worst way of thinking, and no person with normal emotions actually feels like this hwent they're cnofronted

Being in the military, i can say that combat is scary as shit. When you wake up to bullet holes on your fellow airmans bedframe and you have to check hes ok, that shit scars you. Constant mortar attacks just on your way to the defac. I dont see how its not even more common.
Coming home someone said hey to me at the grocery store and i reached to my leg for my weapon that obviously wasnt there and i nearly had a panic attack because i couldnt find it.
I dont think combat veterans are "faking" ptsd because i wasnt in direct combat, just in a high combat zone and that shit fucked me up.
BUT the military does provide help for that shit and im a lot better off after my wife made me seek help.

If you think the world must revolve around your feelings, you're a sociopath

They have gotten a lot better at dealing with PTSD. One of the few areas where psychology has actually worked.

i want attention because im applying a bit of logic and empathy to someone else. sick thought process dawg

My neighbors and I are literally never allowed to shoot fireworks on our properties on the holidays just because a guy with ptsd moved in down the road? How is that fair?

Haha, truth. This place is nonsense.

veterans should smoke weed or use a ticket to go see lucy
youtube.com/watch?v=4YOPNVs9Ypw
it will make their PTSD less bad

Your argument was "anyone who disagrees with me a sociopath". That's not logic, or empathy. That's being a whiny self-centered bitch.

true, but he also sacrificed a lot, you didnt and you're bitching about fucknig fireworks

Pussy, grow some balls you little bitch.
I can't believe my tax payer dollars fund you sissies.

Nobody said life was fair son. Sack up.

wasnt my arguemtn, you're saying it was to suit YOUR argument, you dont know how to debate

>sack up
said the guy who never fought on the front lines

>Letting people know a veteran lives there without seeming like bragging

Dudes a genius

Damn wrong one

Or just get some noise cancelling headphones and smoke a couple fat blunts.

combat vet here. i miss killing people. the thunderstorms make me feel at home like bombs exploding in the distance. 4th of july and new years makes me think of freedom. i might have a touch of crazy though and i never can relate to those who are afraid of those sounds.

>fought on the front lines
"Fought" a primitive fucking population of tribal people with guns dating back to WW2, that isn't a real fight, you're a fucking bitch.

Then this wasn't your post?

It's not about fireworks, it's about making unreasonable requests. Dealing with your ptsd isn't my responsibility, it's YOURS and in this firework scenario you are more than capable of doing so yourself without inconveniencing dozens of others.

the guy should spend a night in a hotel

>making assumption so suit your argument
classic unintelligent degen

are you actually this retarded? holy fuck i cant even exlpain my original post, it was mine but you have no idea what my point was

no, it IS about fireworks, cause unreasonable would be on a grander scale, it's just fireworks, that's reasonable

The fact I've given a dime to you morons makes me want to puke, I hope you die from "PTSD" or whatever excuse you use to rope more money out of the VA (my pocket).

> whiny bitch is whiny bitch
> calls people sociopath, whines about feelings
> says its logic
> when challenged, just responds with name calling and feelings
kek

say literally one more time, fuckwit

Damn unpatriotic, uncaring, and probably a dick. Your sounding treasonous to me.

Bruh i got it im not so bad about fire works but if i let my mind wander for a bit i catch my self zone so far fucking out and just getting fucking pissed and biting my bottom lip till it bleeds

Typo meant you’re

That's right, someone isn't sucking your dick for once, get fucked.

It's unreasonable because it's making dozens of people do something they don't want to do when instead just one person can do something they don't want to do with little to no effort on their part. How are you not getting this?

It would be different if it were something "grander" that the guy with ptsd could not feasibly ignore. But it isn't, it's more feasible for him to ignore the fireworks (headphones, earplugs, loud white noise) than it is for an entire neighbor to sustain from an enjoyable activity they probably looked forward to for months.

Ha keep laughing when that va money comes in I’ll be sure to spend it on something good.

>www.militarywithptsd.org

fake and gay for a fake and gay generation

Army fag here and i got the ptsd id be more than happy to answer any legit questions yall got

Did you get it from an Iraqi whore?

There's nothing wrong with using "literally" literally

Wow you don’t sound like a trump supporter to me, go back to North Korea you unpatriotic Hillary supporter.

Thanks man was just trying to answers questions hollywood makes it look super dramatic and get why alot of people have misconceptions

Do loud explosion-like noises freak you out? If so what do you do during fireworks season?

It's about being a human being, or at least having some sort of respect for another live dumbass.

God forbid you grow old and weak, dafuq? someone getting paid min wage has to help you piss and shit? and feed you? its not their fault ur old and weak. deal with it yourself, i pray you dont have to deal with any sort of mental issue.

Your still the one who has to pay taxes for him

So you did get it from a hooker.

>i got the ptsd

fucktard nigger detected

No gunshots have a distinct crack and you get pretty good picking um out and bombs sound way different than fireworks

I would throw fireworks on that child murderer's lawn every morning, every day of the year.

go to bed, kid

What was your job in the army? And I gotta ask... Did you kill anyone? If so, tell the story.

You sir, are an idiot. There are still vets even with PTSD also still working other places and pay their taxes also. There is different severity of it also/

Not to mention, its a mental issue. You dont exactly choose.

Nah man white guy was just phrasing it with a bit of humor ...

> everything I want is a natural right, and you must provide it
kek

Go do some tours in the armed forces, and then come back and say PTSD isn't common. Everyone who serves and ends up on front line duty will have a form of PTSD from very mild to severe.

You are so cool. Aren't you? i bet you are popular.

Faggot.

I feel like the guy expecting everyone in the world to cater to his needs is the one without respect. I think it's downright disrespectful to think you can tell your neighbors not to shoot fireworks on the 4th.

If I'm old/weak/sick/whatever I'm not going to expect the world to suck my dick for free. If I can't take care of myself I'll be in a home, which I'm paying for, and the people taking care of me are getting paid, which means they have some obligation to take care of me. Army boy isn't paying me to not shoot my fireworks.

>I didn't get to eat McDonald's for a few months, I've seen into the abyss guys
t. American Military

This'

ok, dayquan

You are just a faggot.

I was a 13 fox " foward observer" i was attached to a field artillery group i was in essence a scout for the cannons
I got in a few fire fights

says the computer hard ass d
faggot. let me guess you are 13 and have no real life experiences?

Ok bud

Nah, I'm not in the military

this is why you are a faggot. How's the life of a faggot?

I'm a combat vet with some remaining PTSD that I've been working on for 14 years, now, since the beginning of the war in Iraq. Exposure to triggering stimuli in a safe environment is THE ONLY WAY to get over them. Avoiding triggers is a symptom of the disease, not a treatment for it.

My neighbors light fireworks every major holiday, and it used to send me under tables, at first. But for years now, I've been fine. This guy needs to commit himself to getting right and being alright.