Three hundred bucks? The fuck is wrong with this thing? Gotta be something

Three hundred bucks? The fuck is wrong with this thing? Gotta be something.

Other urls found in this thread:

singlecellsoftware.com/caustic
instaud.io/1xyA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWwpdbMm0zc
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q3mBLobKnk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=4j-ED6tL85o
youtube.com/watch?v=ehyeKthQleI
youtube.com/watch?v=re2IPhEJV-E
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CqZgd6-xQl8
ceephax.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's an analog synth bra.

I think you meant to post this in Sup Forums but whatever

Honestly, I think it will turn out pretty good. The Behringer Model D apparently is pretty great for the same price point, so I'm optimistic.

I'm fairly new to synths. How do you attach a keyboard or sequencer to this?

If you have another keyboard, or a midi interface, you hook the midi out of the keyboard/interface to the midi in of the Neutron and make sounds that way.

that's the price you have to pay for being an autist

I started out with one keyboard and now I have 6 keyboards and also autism :(

Oh okay, didn't see a midi in. Thanks

Analog synths are great if you have money to burn; if not, you're a fool. Analog synths are great for creative purposes, but no one can tell the difference between analog and digital on an album.

The thing I like about analog synths are that they have (usually) knob-per-function. They're so much easier to program, which is why I find myself using my microbrute more often than my micron.

They are too expensive though

Pretty much this, the regular listeners dont give a damn about what kind of gear you used to produce. I own a moog and barely use it because of that, also it is old as hell (1979)and im afraid it may break at some point

Super cool, a moog is my dream synth if I ever win the lottery or something!

For now I just use my Ion, micron, and microbrute for stuff.

That yamaha djx2 is fun as hell. You just plug it into a set of speakers, power it up and start the party

I'm a little jealous of this; at the same time, I feel like it's a giant waste of $.

Bottom line is, I'd love to steal this shit from you

Whoa, that's all pretty nice! Do you do music seriously, or just for fun?

Just for fun, i have a keystation 49, korg nanokey and a behringer UMC204 HD audio interface with midi that i use to connect my synths to ableton and put some arpeggiators, chords, effects, etc. But nothing serious i just like to experiment around.

With all that gear I'm sure that's a blast! I've been trying to get away from using DAWs and I've been trying to do everything in hardware

Well, let's Lear something! Fag

I can do all this shit digitally on PC for FREE

singlecellsoftware.com/caustic

In the end nobody can tell if it's analog or digital.

No, I agree with this. I do like having physical knobs to poke at though.

This is why I got a hardware synth, even though I primarily work with software.

You can plug in a MIDI controller with knobs and assign them to anything. You can even plug a USB desk into this thing and mix down that way.

That's true but when I turn on my computer to make music I end up looking at Sup Forums instead

Most people can't tell the difference between high-end analog synths and high-end digital synths, but cheap digital shit is going to sound inferior to the discerning ear.

It's just not the same.

Not user btw

That's why you gotta learn self restraint.

I get sick sounds out of caustic. I'll plug 2 wave generators, FM or not, detune one slightly, plug LFO's into their mods, and jack the distortion. It's wild.

Though these days i'm using it for sound design, shit I can sample and import into a bigger DAW.

>You can also get caustic on Android and iPhone/iPad

This is better OP

But it also costs a lot more

$600

Compared to $300. If i were just getting started with analog synthesis (or eurorack) I'd be starting with the behringer.

I wanna hear something from the anons ITT. Just ONE THING!

C'mon, cowards, just post a link.

instaud.io/1xyA

Here you go, a rough mix, vocal-less track from the ep I'm doing

not bad, just needs some smoothing around the edges to make the sounds less harsh and static-y

I would, but all my recorded tracks are on a different computer

Thanks, it's still just a rough mix and it still doesn't have the vocals so that should all be cleared up when it's done

yeah. I like where youre going with it. if you want a tip from me, in the last like 3rd of the song the non bass "drums" are too loud, drowns out the rest of the song. unless thats what youre going for id say mess around with different stuff to get a clearer sound for all of the "instruments"

Ok, that's clearly 100% digital. I like the harmonizing guitars; you should do more of that. Reminded me of this...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWwpdbMm0zc

Have you ever tried vcv rack?

i played around with this software and it sounds like shit

It gets really drowned out around 2:25 to 2:35, if you can hear what I mean

>$300 now
>$600 later
>$900 total

if you just buy now you're actually saving $300

I don't know the quality, but it should be fun.

That looks like a great collection!

I have one of the newer ARP Odysseys.

I can hear what you mean! Like I said, it's still all a rough mix and I'm waiting to get the vocals done before I settle in and do a final mix

Thanks, I love Thin Lizzy, they're dope af

Nope, looks interesting though!

I got a Yamaha DX27 (not shown in the pics)

I dunno, personally I'd be fine just snagging the behringer if I were getting into modular since it's already expensive af

VCV rack is good to get the idea of eurorack and mess around without having to spend anything, you will get the idea of how synths work and some other things

why get the hardware when you can just get this software? it has a ton of classic synths in it.

Nice, how much money was it? My ARP Odyssey cost around 700 dollars, with a discount price.

Here's a long ass track that was completely based on the ARP...
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q3mBLobKnk

I just wanted to be able to play the real instrument. I also have an iPhone ARP Odyssey application, called ARP Odyssei (spelling a little different, for some reason), and two Korg keyboards (one smaller, one largest) with bluetooth connection to play it with.

>behringer

I think it might be ok but ive had hit and miss experiences with behringer gear in the past

It's a bunch of junkyard knobs some senile fool hot glued to a board and they won't sell their 'art' to they guy from the antiques roadhunt who overpays for everything.

I'll have to check it out, eurorack always seemed pretty neat but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable investing the money if I wasn't sure I really liked it.

Having the actual instruments can be pretty fun, playing around with real knobs and sliders is a bit better (in my opinion) than just using a mouse

This is pretty neat!

Same, but apparently their qc has gotten better as of late. I've been on tour with Behringer gear and it has held up fine for what it's worth.

Got if for like $100 bucks. I love its strings and weird sounds

You should try building something in the modular.

I have a Korg Triton Pro workstation

/thread ?

Sup Forums can talk music, too.

What do you think about the Korg Triton taktile?

Aparently Sup Forumstards only want to see traps, logposting and cuck threads

Gonna keep the thread going with analog music. Chromeo is almost pure analog...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4j-ED6tL85o

Looks cool, but I don't really follow anything other than modern analog synths.

Apparently so

MU is cool some of the time but they get stuck on the same music all of the time and it's kind of boring.

We must raise our standards, and what better way to start than with synthesizers?

It have the original Triton patches but just that, it is a midi/usb controller.

Hmm, seems pretty cool. Gonna have to check it out.

This was pretty cool too! Gonna have to listen to more of it later

You can make analog synths from landfill garbage. You're just paying money for it to be pretty and I guess whether you know anything about electronics.
I suppose nowadays it's rare for artists to be interested in the technology, they onky care about the brand which is why you can sell things so overpriced.

Sub to my channel for more weird stuff.
i did these today, from now on i will make two per day.

>this was pretty cool too! Gonna have to listen to more of it later
I have a bad feeling you haven't heard this. If not, listen....
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CqZgd6-xQl8

Sub to my channel for more weird stuff.
i did these today, from now on i will make two per day.

Glorious Ceephax incoming!
ceephax.bandcamp.com/

sick

Its a /prod/ thread, happens daily for producers

>can do all of this for $50-$60 with the arduino and raspberry pi
>pay $3000+ for garbage because muh brand name
>fondle the fader in live shows to pretend like you're not just playing prerecorded sets
Djing in a nutshell

Hardware is great for the fun alone. That means a lot when you don't want to stare at a screen and mouse around with details. A synth / hardwareis an instrument and you can be much more productive with one as opposed to software. Having said that Diva is the best vintage sounding soft synth I've come across

I dunno I used to make my own electronics and things moog sell for like $1000+ are like $10ish to make on your own. If your soldering sucks add $10 lol