What are the television shows and films that depict boarding school life...

What are the television shows and films that depict boarding school life? No reality shows or documentaries or Harry Potter, please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zNvk_sjaTjo
youtube.com/watch?v=zZqkjLFy-N4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i only care about lesbians in an all female boarding school are there any shows like that? ages 13-16 none of this pedo shit

>tfw went to private all boys school in england from 13-18
>tfw i now own this

Still not sure if the school made me gay or if I was always secretly a homo. I was pretty straight before I went there...

Dead Poets Society
Cracks
Lost and Delirious

>Went to all boys catholic grammar
>Now I get diamonds for girls with a defined jawline
>also qt boys

>Dead Poets Society
Saw this. Though it was a little corny and melodramatic, but not a bad movie.

>Cracks
It wasn't reviewed well, but I'll check it out.

>Lost and Delirious
Oof. Looks like trash, but I'll try it.

If... (1968)

Great film, exactly what you want.

Seconded! Brilliant film.
>Thank you sir, may I have another.

I think Sup Forums turned you gay, bro.

>It wasn't reviewed well, but I'll check it out.
I think it's pretty good, aspects of it anyway.
>Oof. Looks like trash, but I'll try it.
It isn't very good, just something i watched recently that fit the bill.

Madchen in Uniform

Brideshead Revisited, the series.

Bump

why not one of the dullest franchises in the world etc etc

Any of the versions of Tom Brown's School Day.

Hm, but which would be the best one?

The Worst Witch

The one above is the only one I've seen, Stephen Fry is the headmaster and Alex Pettyfer as Tom Brown. Though I think the 1940 version is meant to be the best reviewed.

You could also try Goodbye Mr Chips which is about the life of a teacher at a boarding school. Fun fact, Robert Donat playing Mr Chips beat Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind for best actor.

St trinnians, watch it about 1-2 times a year

Wild child was shit tho even for my shit taste

>Wild child was shit tho even for my shit taste
This. Sometimes, I think about watching it again because perhaps no other films features so much Roberts, but she's, unfortunately, not that good of an actress, and the film is by-the-numbers somewhat edgy, yet sappily wholesome teen comedy schlock.

>went to boarding school from grade 7 to 12
>people think that's the coolest thing ever from watching movies and tv shows about boarding school
>in reality it was boring as heck and super structured

Yes, because 3-4 hours of mandatory clubs and activities every night after a full day of school is so much fun for a preteen. Not to mention boys and girls were crazy segregated and we really only saw each other during classes and occasionally on the weekends. Living in the dorms in Uni is honestly a trillion times better and if you did that then you have no reason to glorify boarding schools as it's a far shittier and less free version of that.

Which school?

I think i would have enjoyed it or atleast would have looked backed on fondly and with the feeling that it was what was best for me.

You been watching Lindybeige's boarding school videos on youtube or are you in one yourself?

not OP but I saw his thread and thought of Lloyd's videos and am now interested in any rec's too

Neither. I can't remember when I developed an interested in boarding schools, but I've seen plenty of documentaries about them, have done research into what they're like, and have spent plenty of time thinking about what an ideal one would be like.

Foreign Exchange

youtube.com/watch?v=zNvk_sjaTjo

Flirting

fair enough. I like being institutionalised and would like to live in a working boarding school environment now as an adult. I worked in shipping for a while and it was pretty fantastic to only have to go upstairs to work and always have friends in the next room.

Dystopian or not I quite like the idea of the first half of The Island.

That said if my High school was 24/7 and I had to live with those cunts i'd have topped myself no two ways about it.

Harry Potter

That't not a boarding school, it's Royal Holloway University. Source: I go there.

Oh. I put Eton in Google Images, thought this looked nice, and used it.

Here it is in an old episode of Midsomer Murders (incidentally being used as a boarding school). About 35s in:

youtube.com/watch?v=zZqkjLFy-N4

Does the entire show take place there? My dad loves this series and might watch this episode with him.

Also, bump.

Bump

Harry potter

stop watching tv

You couldn't suggest any movies, perchance?

>stop watching tv
Why?

The Emperor's Club

Isn't that Royal Holloway?

>another RHULbro on Sup Forums
Feelsgood

It's Swedish, but if you don't mind foreign shit then it's pretty great.

was also gonna suggest this, it's alright

Apparently, yes, but already identified it.

The first episode of Michael Palin's Ripping Yarns is probably quite true to life (exaggerated a little bit) as he actually went to boarding school.

kino

watch The Riot Club, not boarding school but it is still great