I thought Pulis and Big Sam would humiliate Poop Guardiolel with their infallible english style, what happened?

I thought Pulis and Big Sam would humiliate Poop Guardiolel with their infallible english style, what happened?

He very only just scraped a draw against fucking Steve Agnew last month so I'd watch your step there Pedro.

>bragging about being 3rd in the EPL

a year ago PLfags were saying that getting top 4 in the PL was a bigger achievement than winning the bundes with Bayern cuz muh competitiveness or something like that. Now top 3 is a failure lol

Post an example, brown man.

this

a year ago spaniards were claiming poop would walk the shitty EPL where lester was able to win. Now top 3 is an accomplishment lol

>Now top 3 is an accomplishment lol
it is. your countrymen said as much
>brown man
>says guy with a muslim mayor

I'm not from London. Post an example, moor.

>please scourge archives from the entire net just to satisfy me when everyone knows what the general perception was
nah. next you are going to ask for citation if I say that brits call La Liga a 2-team league

This is Pep's first season and with a squad of geriatric mercenaries he inherited. He walked the first 10 games iirc and was only "exposed" when injuries mounted. It's not his fault he's stuck using garbage like Toure, Aguero - who doesnt fit his style at all - or fucking Sterling who's only in the squad to count as a """""""homegrown""""""" player. Top 4 with this shitty team using his tactics was a good step for him.

Typical brown man retreating after defeat. Pep Guardiola will follow in your footsteps in 2 years. A defeated brown man.

>doesnt fit his style at all
That's the problem though, Pep is a one trick pony. No flexibility at all. He needs a replica of Barca to succeed.

he's a failure because that "dutch" poster was constantly saying it would be easy for pep to win everything, and now he didn't so the poster got satisfyingly btfo.

but personally i wouldn't say that pep failed, and i hope he stays instead of running away.

t. "Englishman" of jamaican background

>what has become of our once great isle of albion?

95% of managers are one trick ponies. Not everyone is Ancelotti. Even "PL god Conte" won the league easily by fielding the same formation with the same tactics during 38 games

He needs good midfielders to play his style. What's wrong with that? His style and philosophy are not cut out for 90% of players even in the top 4 leagues because they aren't good enough. Doesnt help that football tactics have regressed to fucking awful memes like """"""""zonal marking"""""""""" and with shitty boring cancerous defensive football becoming the norm - see Juventus this year.

>pre-Brenny
>PEP IS GONNA BTFO THE LEAGUE WHO DA FUQ CAN STOP HIM

>post-Brenny
>t-top 3 was t-the aim la who c-cares about t-trophies

Where were you when based Brenny exposed the bald fraud in front of millions and millions of people?

But he inherited a squad that had finished midtable and made them better than everyone else. Sign of a good manager as opposed to someone who as
says, needs to buy great players to win things.

Not him but instead of adapting the squad to his style he should try the opposite and find the system that better suits the players he already has

>squad that had finished midtable

so let me guess, Pep doesn't deserve plaudits for taking an underachieving Barça to great heights because "muh talent" but Conte deserves recognition for winning the league with an underachieving Chelsea regardless of the talent already present of his team.

The first anybody could do, the second is a sign of a good manager

>regardless of the talent already present of his team
Moses, Alonso, Luiz, Cahill, Willian are not talent compared to what Pep had to work with this season, let alone being blessed with a whole world class generation at Barca.

He's there to build a dynasty for City. He doesn't have the luxury of good academies to pluck players who think like him. He wants to win one way and that's his way and there's nothing wrong with that unless he fucks up tactically.

What Pep did with Barca was amazing, but it worked because he had the right players, now that he doesn't have a team suited for that style he should have played to his team's strenghts instead of forcing his style onto them

Neither has Conte and it took him one year

>He wants to win one way and that's his way and there's nothing wrong with that unless he fucks up tactically
Well he has fucked up because he's 15 points behind with at least as good a squad of players, arguably better players. Case in point: making a big deal of using a goalkeeper who can't make saves.

If he wins a couple of titles 5 years down the line then great, well done, but no one else is afforded that amount of time aside from Wenger.

Clichy, Sagna, Toure, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Caballero
I can too can name the most underwhelming names of City's first XI and make it seem a worse team that it really is

Chelsea's team the past year was EXACTLY the same team that won the league with months to spare the season before. It's just disingenuous to pretend that 10th were their level and only Conte could make them competitive again. It was a freak season marked by the biggest meldown by a manager in the modern era
name 12 elite managers that don't force their style onto their teams

lol Clichy, Sagna, Toure are better players than their Chelsea equivalents Alonso, Moses, Matic. You're talking shit, just admit it, Pep has underperformed this season.

and I'm not pretending 10th is their level, title challengers is their level, the exact same as City.

bullshit, clichy and sagna are dogshit, as well as old just like 50 years old Toure. Alonso and Moses have been praised a lot this season.

Pep underperformed by finishing 3rd, but everyone wouldn't say that if they had finished 2nd. It seems all too finicky for me but then again, people claim that he's been a huge failure at Bayern so whatevs

he could win the title next year and Conte finish 3rd, yet Pep would still viewed as a failure and his title as "expected" and Conte would still be god even if he went out of the CL in the group stages as it were usual with his Juve side

People are just too irrational with Pep for no good reason. Most of his perceived aura of "genius" comes from the journos. The man himself is pretty humble and honest and tries to downplay his greatness every time

Why 12? I don't even know what most managers' styles are
However my point is not that he should abandon his phylosophy completely but rather make the best out of what he had avaiable instead of complaining about his players not being good enough for him
Case in point:
>Lippi argues that "a group of the best players do not necessarily make for the best team." What is more important, he argues, is that the tactical plan or formation is one that allows each player to maximize (1) his utility for his teammates and (2) the expression of his full potential. Lippi also notes that the choice of tactical formation is constrained by the qualities of the players available. Thus, selecting the best possible team not only requires finding the right combination of players for the chosen formation, but also finding the right formation for the chosen players.

>Alonso and Moses have been praised a lot this season
>this season
Exactly because Conte is getting more out of them than could ever be expected! They were nobodies before this season. Whereas Sagna has 60 something caps for France and Clichy has 3 PL winners medals with 2 different clubs.

>Why 12? I don't even know what most managers' styles are
if you knew them you would know that almost every one of them stick to a preferred style and don't divert from that. But let's bash Pep for doing what everybody else does, just because it's Pep and his style is more extreme than others so it's easier to pick on

Lippi might have been a special case, just like Ferguson, Ancelotti or even Zidane (!). But let's not belittle managers like Klopp, Simeone, Mourinho (Cryuff, Sacchi, Michels, Capello in the past) because they stick to a philosophy and rarely variate. Success can come from adaptability or dogmatic approaches. There's no evidence of each one being superior.
I can tell you of multiple shit players that had caps and medals. You cannot in good conscience argue that 2017 Sagna & Clichy are players for a top team.

But once you see your dogma isnt working it would be logical to try something more suited to your players, wouldnt it?

too early to call it "not working" given how shit the defense and the midfield was (Gundogan getting injured didn't help and City's backline is looking good with Kompany back). If Pep sorts out those areas with good signings and get results, he gets validated in his "dogmatic" approach. What he can't do is trying to coach a style he has never done. Meanwhile, no fucking body knows what style is suited to City's players. Before Pep, everyone thought of City as a team with attacking flair and voilá, that's the aspect that Pep has tried to make it work. Perhaps a counter-attacking style but to do so, City needs a capable defense which doesn't have. So tell me what style is "most suited" to City. Why doesn't anybody else apply the same criticism to Mourinho when he's getting draws after draws playing negative football with Fellaini as a key player. Nobody tells him to look for another style that works and suits his players (they just mock him but that's it). They tried the last year playing Van Gaal style and it failed. They try now playing a complete opposite style and it failed.

Couldn't reality be more simple? couldn't simply be that those sides are overrated and just need more quality overall? nah, it's clearly the fault of 2 frauds with a near endless trophy list behind. Those 2 sides would win the CL under Conte or

Well, let's see how he'll do next year, if his style will bear fruits
However I still believe that adaptive managers are inherently advantaged over "dogmatic" ones, as they have more weapons to play and they rarely get left behind by the times
An adaptive manager can succeed against a counterattacking team as well as a possession based team or whatever
While we have seen at Bayern how Pep is unable to overcome a good counterattacking team, aka tiki taka's worst enemy, even if he sticks to his style no matter what he should at least find a way to fix this weakness of his

Why is Sup Forums acting like he flopped?

City will finish with 10 more points, more goals scored and fewer allowed compared to last season

>tfw Italians and Spaniards have more of a stake in the """"""English"""""""" Premier League than English people now

The one who truly flopped was Ancelotti for actually missing out on a title in a 1 team meme league to the only other semi-competitive team

>however I still believe that adaptive managers are inherently advantaged over "dogmatic" ones
No one has won more than most of these "dogmatic" managers you speak of, specifically Mourinho and Guardiola

Ancelotti was always overrated. Didn't want Baggio at Parma because he didn't fit his crappy system. Failed at Juventus. Then at Milan, Berlusconi forced an attacking formation on him. After that, nobody in Italy wanted him but everyone else fell for the meme.

Trapattoni, Ferguson, Lobanovski won more than Mou
Lippi, Happel, Paisley won more than Pep

All the managers you listed except for Paisley were coaching for 30+ years.

Guardiola has coached for 8 and Mourinho for 15

>Didn't want Baggio at Parma because he didn't fit his crappy system
He benched Zola for the same reason, forcing him to leave, the fat cunt

They always had stacked teams tho, Ferguson, Lippi, Happel, Lobanovski started with nothing and were famous for winning with relatively weaker teams
Lippi dominated 90s Serie A with the likes of Torricelli, Iuliano, Pessotto, Tacchinardi, etc

>Torricelli
Didnt know Lippi was an engineer.

>invent the barometer
>cant handle pressure (he was a blunder machine)

They had stacked teams because they did such a good job coaching Uniao Leira and some teenagers at Barcelona B

You missed the point completely