He does far more of the work on his own albums than Kanye does on his. Kendrick at least writes his own lyrics

He does far more of the work on his own albums than Kanye does on his. Kendrick at least writes his own lyrics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rqZYJ-NVQhI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and he makes his own """beats"""

k dot is unironically the best rapper of all time, seriously.

Kanye has more 10/10 albums

K dot doesnt even have 1 as we speak

The only album Kanye really did shit on was his first. Kendrick has done significant work on all of his albums

I only care if the album is good

ken is hugely inspired by andre 3000. not sure if he's a better mc than him

so you have no problem with people praising someone for the work that others did?

Kanye's the creative mind behind the albums.

And, actually, this afirmation goes for any fucking album, as any record has tons of dudes doing hard work that are barely recognized.

Bump

I can dig rappin', but a rapper with a ghost writer?
What the fuck happened?
I swore I wouldn't tell, but most of y'all sharing bars
Like you got the bottom bunk in a two-man cell

Kanye West BTFO

Kanye doesn’t choose beats, he makes beats.

Still, I’d be lying if I said kanye’s A better lyricist than k dot

ITT: Retards

>Kanye doesn’t choose beats, he makes beats.
He used to make beats, now he chooses them

This is just objectively not true lol

this is objectively wrong

You wanna know why rap isn't taken seriously? Because it's considered a bonus if the "artist" actually makes his own music and lyrics.

lmao kendrick probably doesnt even know what DAW stands for

Kanye doesn't use ghost writers, buddy boy. He gives credit to everyone who works on the song with him. If he gives credit, they can't be ghost writers

>he used to make beats, now he chooses them
correct, user

youtube.com/watch?v=rqZYJ-NVQhI

>He does far more of the work on his own albums than Kanye does on his
No he doesn't, the wiki page of the writers on tpab or DAMN can prove this easily. If anything he makes his own verses, not even his own hooks sometimes. Kanye makes the beat and writes his lyrics sometimes, thats far more impressive than kendrick writing verses and constructing a narrative for the album and dictating how it should be arranged even though a producer would do that at his request

Kendrick may be a good example of "more writers doesn't mean better" i always wince a little when i see a pop artist having legions of writers on the liner notes, like 6 of em sometimes

>Kendrick may be a good example of "more writers doesn't mean better"
hes not though, no songs have been written solely by himself or with a few people. he averages at least 4 writers an album

Bump

>He does far more of the work on his own albums than Kanye does on his.
I love Kendrick and think he's a stronger rapper, songwriter, and arranger than Kanye is. But this feels like bait because from day one Kanye has been heavily involved in every aspect of the production on his records. K-Dot almost always hands that off to other people.

(You)
Kendrick’s albums are weak because of their lack of variety, everything sounds bland and the same, at least Kanye’s sound audibly stimulating.
Goes to show you that you can rap about stupid shit and it can still result in better music than rapping about serious shit.

Does he really anymore though? I know he did tons of the work on his first albums, but now people produce for him

To be fair Kanye has a larger back catalog

>Kendrick’s albums are weak because of their lack of variety
This is utter horse shit. Pick 10 random songs on his 5 albums and they will sound nothing alike. Part of K-Dot's arrangement/management skills includes choosing producers with wildly different ideas about what music "should" sound like. He demonstrates this every time he releases something, and it's been most prominent on TPaB and DAMN.

Why in the fuck would you bump this trash
Nothing Kendrick has done even nods to songwriting or arrangement, it’s all focused on his delivery and the actual words he’s saying.

GET GOD ON THE PHONE

>has trap beats on over half the songs of DAMN
>they all sound different

But yeah id agree with user on Kendrick being unique. check out untitled unmastered

Maybe not. I disliked TLoP and didn't care enough to investigate the production of it. But he certainly had the most production credits on Yeezus (IIRC, at least).

He was the first modern hip hop artist i got into, probably hip hop in general as well. People would disagree, but i like the story going through maad city

>Nothing Kendrick has done even nods to songwriting or arrangement, it’s all focused on his delivery and the actual words he’s saying.
This is also untrue. His choice in samples, use of juxtaposition, intonation on the choruses (which is enough of a deliberate choice to constitute "writing"), and general method of storytelling are all deliberate songwriting tools. Just listen to the first five tracks on TPaB or "XXX", or "Good Kid" and "Maad City" back to back. He cleary has strong writing ability beyond his lyrics alone.

>can't distinguish songs because of muh trap beats
Really? Are you just memeing me right now?

>tfw hey mama was ghostwritten

RAPPER WITH A GHOST WRITER WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

. . . . really? That was about his mom, I don't believe u.

Storytelling isn’t songwriting and praise of intonation/delivery is a singular element that doesn’t merit escalating the praise to the entire product as a whole. Attributing something’s overall strengths to the vocal performance alone is no different than like a rockist gushing over a technically impressive solo from a boring song.

He cares too much about the actual words and not enough about everything else

but does he think too much about it and it ends up being good?

I think this is reductive, and implies that all music should focus on the same set of principles equally regardless of what the artist is trying to accomplish. It's like when people try to reduce NMH to "a guy screaming while playing four chords on an acoustic guitar" despite the fact that the songs revolve around those elements and are well-written because those elements are focused on so well.

Kendrick has an ear for beats, chord progressions, vocal hooks, bridges/breaks, and melodies that manage to stay memorable well after I'm done listening to them.

I was just memeing. He actally only had 2 writers for the song (himself and some other dude), so i guess he did write most of the lyrics there

Even lil pump is better than Kanye, because i'm pretty sure he writes his own lyrics

the production side of rap is several orders of magnitude more difficult and competitive than the lyric writing side. if this were the book industry, rappers would basically be the guys drawing the covers.

>ooga booga homies weed drugs money police ass watermelon hood pow pow
>lyrics

Not even concealing the racism

>retarded babling
Wow, who's the monkey here?

i can see why kanye took out the choir on waves, it sounded corny as fuck

doesn't matter kanye is still better

they both suck

>GKMC
>TPAB

>Wow, who's the monkey here?

stop talking about kendrick like he is an artist