Kevin Feige Is Ready to Move Beyond the ‘Completely White’ Casts of Comic-Book Movies

>"I think that in the movies we've already made, and certainly in the movies that are coming up, it will be as inclusive a group of characters as one could want," Feige said. Though he maintained that Marvel will always cast the best actor for the role, Feige also noted, "For us, it's important that we don't feel like a completely white, European cast."

>Fans will sometimes cry foul when a character is race-bent, but Feige pointed out that they are drawn from comic books published in an era where pop culture was dominated by white faces. "The comics have felt like that sometimes, in the early days," he admitted, "but frankly, even the comics in the '60s … I mean, Black Panther was created in the '60s. You look at Captain America's team [back then]" — a group of Howling Commandoes that became even more diverse when brought to the big screen for Captain America: The First Avenger — "and yes, there are things to cringe at, but they were being progressive at the time."

>"Our filmmaker came in and had pictures of real high schools, and they are as diverse as you could imagine," said Feige. "That was something that was important to us, to set it apart from other Spidey films that have been made — to carve that niche — and to have it represent the world today." So while the six superheroes in the very first Avengers film were all played by white actors, Feige promises that the increasingly populated lineups of Marvel movies to come will add many different faces to the mix. "It's definitely important to us," said Feige, "that these movies reflect the world."
vulture.com/2016/10/kevin-feige-doctor-strange-marvel-casting-diversity.html

Capeshit fans will defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America_(serial)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Explain why this is supposed to be bad.

Because the characters they depict are supposed to be white.

She's almost an honorary Caucasian as it is. It would've been more shocking if they'd gone full Leslie Jones.

And so Kevin Feige will relinquish his position and paycheck to a minority in favor of diversity.

Oh wait. That would be putting his money where his mouth is. Nevermind.

Kevin Feige is a literal libtard psycho.

I honestly don't give a fuck if Mary Jane is black. Race-flipping only ticks me off when when it's historically inaccurate.

I want Black Panther to be a white guy. Actually I want the entire cast to be white. No problems right friendo?

I don't think it's bad per se. But when you push for diversity over all other aspects of what you're trying to make, you're product will suffer. Story, characters, direction, effects > diversity overkill.

Like, yeah, Hispanics and other minorities are fast growing demographic in this country (especially in NYC) but to have Peter Parker be the only white character in the main cast is as forced and as unrealistic as having an all-white cast. In short, JEW PROPAGANDA. Just kidding, but not really.

While I don't have a problem with it in itself, what I do have a problem with is how people like Kevin Feige like to flaunt that shit around and won't shut the fuck up about it. Be diverse and inclusive. That's cool. But stop publicly jerking yourself off with how progressive you think you're being. Like goddamn. Just do it and keep your goddamn mouth shut about it.

...who keeps churning out solid gold.

>90's
>Mary Jane used to be a hot red-head
>CURRENT YEAR
>Mary Jane is now a nigger with dreads

it is historically inaccurate. Mary Jane is historically white. Flash Thompson, Ned Leeds and Liz Allen are historically white.

A key part of any fictional character is their physical appearance. If you change that, it's not the same character any more.

>Kevin Feige Is Ready to Move Beyond the ‘Completely Profitable’ Comic-Book Movies

It's called virtue signalling.

>hot nigger with dreads
ftfy

He keeps churning out polished shit. Focus-tested garbage intended to be so inoffensively safe that you'll have to muster energy to even dislike it. Marvel movies are like fast-foods

This is why we need conservative filmmakers back. Michael Bay would've cast the hottest redhead he could find and nobody would be able to say shit because it would make a billion at the box office.

ret-coning a comic book character is A) not a historical inaccuracy and B) it's done all the time in the comics. There was a great series where Superman was Russian.

It's only an anachronism when it's a real life historical figure or it's set in a time and place where everyone was homogeneous.

>cast non-whites as characters that are supposed to be white
>cast non-whites as characters that are not supposed to be white

But it would have sucked.

They are fictional characters of a children's story.

I'm Ready To Move Beyond Comic-Book Movies

>Armaggedon
>The Rock
>Bad

KYS my friendo. He even made Bad Boys with PoCs as main characters.

Still would've end up better than generic Marvel capeshit. All this SJW shit is just an easy way to deflect criticism of rehashed stories. But we have black actors now! See, we're totally brave and daring.

It's like that new Star Wars movie. Just rehash the same plot, add some ethnicities that will shut the vocal liberals up and then rake in the money.

If they had gotten Miles Morales this movie would've been the true meaning of diversity: 0% white

Spiderman should learn how to hide that boner better.

Guys this is like a holocaust, fucking liberals

>we're tired of seeing so many white people in movies
I'm tired of seeing so many black people, what do?

I would fuck that brown chick to the left. She looks half-white.

Actually, this cast doesn't seem so bad. I expected worse.

In reality most communities are fairly segregated and individuals stick with their people. It's not even racism, just wanting to spend time with people you share the most with. All this forced multi-cultural cast (it's a complete and utter lie that they are casting "the best", there are obvious racial requirements) feels artificial and like some sort of social engineering.

It's honestly creepy to have people like Feige trying to tell people that a white cast is wrong and unrepresentative, specially when minorities end up being overrepresented.

I don't watch marvel movies anymore after being super by age of shitron

I'll let the Moff explain

Literally history revisionism. These people are insane.

If the character is a cool superhero, it's fine.
If the character is a lame superhero who was obviously racecasted to fill some kind of quota, then it's bad.

>being this autistic

>You don't have any excuses not to make blatant lies when it comes to History
Holy shit. This reads like satire. No wonder Hollywood doesn't care about historical epics anymore. It's impossible when you have retards wanting you to eradicate the truth in favor of this fucking agenda.

God I love this picture so much. I mean I love Spiderman and MJ in general but there's just something in this picture that really speaks to me. Her expression of seeing Peter ditching her to save the day AGAIN and how she kept it to herself (shown by how she smiles when with Pete in that framed picture). It's even better when I know how strong of a woman MJ is in the comic. I'm a sucker for "girl waiting for the hero to come back" trope.

MJ is too tier waifu material. I don't care what color she is in the adaptation, just portray her the correct way and I'm sold.

>caring about the characters appearance is autism
What's next, Batman wears a frog suit?

>they can say and do this stuff and get away with it

>cast a white actor in a non white role
WHAT THE FUCK YOU WHITEWASHING HOW DARE
>cast a non white actor in a white role
its a step forward,progressive,really beautiful
lmao the white ppl angry

reminder that americans allowed this to happen to them and that 50 of newborns arent white

cya wouldnt wanna be ya :)

At least they got an attractive black girl and didn't get the most monkey-looking black person possible for the role (looking at you Hermione on the Cursed Child play)

>cya wouldnt wanna be ya :)
Where's a white country that ISN'T rapidly disintegrating?

Why not go back in time to areas with racial populations other than white? Maybe Mansa Musa's Mali, or Saladdin's Jerusalem?
Wouldn't that make more sense than idk, blackwashing a primarily white population?

Scandinavian countries that aren't Sweden.

>thinking it's just America that's screwed
One day the world is gonna be one giant brown mass.

ireland (mostly)
iceland
denmark (mostly)
eastern europe
russia
france (kinda)

america took the lead in self destruction

>minorities NEED other non-whites to feel empathy towards the characters
That reads kind of racist.

Also for the hell of me I can't understand why liberal whites are so fucking obsessed with making their movies and shows feel less white. I like when japanese movies feature japanese people doing japanese things, same with mexicans, indians, finnish, whatever. Diversity for the sake of it always feels bland and dull.

You don't understand. Britain is black now. Britain will always be black. Therefore Britain has always been black.

After all, British tax paid for and the British government produced this series, telling the truth that Queen Margaret of Anjou was a proud black warrior woman and racist historians whitewashed her

Iceland has the greens as the second party and are full welcome refugees mode. And france is one of the most hopeless countries in Europe right now, they have like 10% muslim population, massive foreign crime rate, entire districts that look like a random shithole from the middle east, constant threat of terrorism, race riots, etc.

Non-white here. It IS offensive. It becomes transparent as fuck how racially aware these filmmakers are when they cast. I don't want random sandniggers running around because the filmmakers wanted to be "inclusive". Fuck off. You're just an insecure faggot. This whole thing is just typical virtue signalling in advanced form. Everyone wants to be the most tolerant, the most progressive. So there is this arms race of utter retardation where nobody around dears speak up and put the brakes in.

good thing I've never read the comics

>france is one of the most hopeless countries in Europe right now, they have like 10% muslim population
The more distressing part is their population under age 18 is 25% Muslim. Imagine how the county will be in just a few years when they grow up.

she's literally not even Mary-Jane
that was a RUMOUR that was going around over half a year ago, and then it came out that her character is called Michelle

seriously, what the fuck, do you people just believe everything you read online, then NEVER bother checking if it was a lie?

Post a thread with a fake news story that is surely to make people angry. Feminist topics work well. Also Include a faked URL. Watch as people don't click the link to verify the story and grumble about it it, eventually arguing with each other over it. It's pretty sad.

Pretty hypocritical after their Ancient One casting.

Not enough quarries there.

That was to avoid Chinese backlash for casting a Tibetan.

Remember, we love diversity, so long as it comes at the expense of white people.

Name ONE MCU film that has an all white cast. What a virtue signalling scumbag.

She was an original character called Michelle. Now she's MJ. Same with Flash, he was called Miguel, I think, but they made him Flash.

Name recognition forced by the studio. Feige wanted an original cast of minorites. That was the right way to do it, creating new supporting characters.

Meteorman

>could just focus on the superheros and characters that ARE non-white
>NOPE GOTTA REMOVE THE WHITE PEOPLE LOOK AT HOW PROGRESSIVE WE ARE DEATH TO WHITEY
I fear the future.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_America_(serial)

I love Based Feige. He willl continue to make millions while Sup Forums cries and watches his movies anyway.

I said movie, and Captian Americas buddies in it were like a UN gathering.

What does this racist have against white people? Can't he just cast the actor with the best performance? The actor who is most true to the comic books?

That's the joke. There aren't any Marvel movies with only white people.

Exactly. This means nothing to me, its just market pandering and virtue signalling.

I'm expected to believe there isn't a team wringing their hands and trying to coldly exploit every demographic for cash? Please.

SPIDER MAN COMICS SO WHITE

no that would be stupid and it's retarded that you are suggesting it

That racist as fuck and almost criminal. The Tibetan plight is very real and we should help them, not spare the little feelings of the people who are fucking with them.

They are not. They never were. There's been minorities in them as regular characters since the 60s.

But Chinas money tho :(

>watches his movies anyway.

Yeah that's totally what happened with ghostbusters

caps tend to imply sarcasm one way or another, friend

Asians don't chimpout like Nigs

To be fair, I've seen so much since I've been here that I don't know anymore.

But she's so fucking UGLY.

Couldn't they have at least found an attractive mulatto and not that melon head with catshit for hair?

Tibetans that chimp out are shot in the head usually.

>attractive mulatto

Why are white people so afraid of diversity? It's called diversity for a reason so it's not like you're being eliminated. Fucking move out of hicksville and go see the rest of the US. The demographics here are changing and its just fucking accept it's not going back. That's globalism for you.

Evolve or die.

I don't care about that. I care that she's in the top 5 worst actors on the Disney Channel.

>The little paki from The Grand Budapest Hotel is Flash Thompson
In what universe could that kid be a popular bully when Spidey has a massive Chad chin?

>it's not like you're being eliminated

Usually, you would be right and I would be fine with diversity, but in this particular case, it's exactly that.

Explain why it's good.

Explain why I should explain.

No it's not. Stop being a sensationalist autist.

God damn those are some great titties

>66
KEK HAS SPOKEN, BATMAN WILL BE OUR SAVIOUR

They're a minority so clearly the number of minority's in the cast of any given movie should equal the percentage of that minority compared to the majority. Except taking into account for location. Obviously more black people in Atlanta than in Seattle.

>people are different and subhuman based on their skin color

To be fair, hes doing it in response to comicfags constantly bitching

Get a job in Hollywood so you can make these autistic mandates instead of shitposting them here.

Hes richer?

>thinking he actually gives a rats ass about this

He's not that cunt from Ghostbusters who actually cares. It's just easy PR.

The number of white people in Africa is steadily decreasing. Why do Africans hate diversity so much?

In fact, all "diverse countries" are actually white countries. China doesn't scramble to fill their country with non-Chinese people, Mexico doesn't even want Guatemalans or Panamanians, the Dominican Republic has strict border controls on the people that live on the same fucking island with them.

Really makes you think

>big tits
that's sexist, user

as long as its more black qts i dont care

>diversifying for the sake of diversifying
why not cast actors who fit the characters instead of trying to please SJW?