What do you regret the most in your life Sup Forums? Greentext welcome

What do you regret the most in your life Sup Forums? Greentext welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qFsGlq13ZfY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

getting married

not having spent more time with my parents when i was younger, im making up for it now though

People say date your best friend right?
>ask my best friend (actual female) out
>get rejected
>havent talked to her since
>miss our friendship a great deal

Wish i never did it

Not fucking the good ones in high school.

Marry in haste, regret at leisure.

Staying with my children's phycopathic mothe or 10 years

I don't even know. Maybe what I'm doing right is something I'll regret in the future. But how can I blame myself? I was living in the moment, the future didn't seem to interest me, or so I thought. I think being a hermit closed me off to many experiences a teenager should have had. But life you learn in life, right? Hopefully.

trusting too much anyone, having helped alot of people and still maintaining a positive outlook on people even tho deep inside me i realized a long time ago that people are full of shit, egoist/egomaniacs and that most people in general are 2 faced spineless hypocrite pieces of shit
i had to pay(still am paying) with my reputation and having it harder everyday
there's a saying that goes:
>building a reputation takes a lifetime but destroying it takes seconds
i can't believe that trying to see things in a positive light and having trust that everything will eventually get better is a double edged sword that doesn't really pay back

Try to kill myself
its too hard
decide to kill someone and go to prison instead
instead of getting a prison sentence
gets placed on the mental health act
and has to take medication for schizophrenia
medication makes me want to kill myself

worst mistake of my life

That dinner actually looks good tbh

Most regret I have is avoiding medical help at all cost since 10... causing trouble to me and my parents when I actually need any form of hospital or medical help, 19 years later..
To the point of broken bones, i better handle those by myself to avoid the hospital.

I killed a friend.

You should have just acted normally and over time made things slowly more romantic. I know the feel user...

being young and impulsive

basically being impulsive I wish I wouldhave had more support

greentext?

aye aye to that

huh. bit of cynicism helps once in a while I guess.

36 years old now
Oldfag on /b
Biggest regret so far is the fact I am wasting so much of my potential not pursuing my ambitions
I Excel at everything I put effort in to but never have the drive to pursue what I really want.
It's not too late but just feel like I don't want to even try for the fear of failing.

Its not that i did it out of the blue, we've been flirting for well over 6 months before that

in the end she didnt want to do it because i lived too far away from her (1,5 hours, she didnt have a car) and she was still in college (couldnt handle all the stress)

we had a chemistry that i never had with someone before, especially a girl, and thats what i miss most

>you should have just gone back
>I know the feel of not bring able to go back

Could you give more shit advice?

Resounding yes

yeah but the problem with myself is that i have a tendency to never listen to my intuition and i realize how much sometimes reason is better to be acted upon rather than being empathic

dubs

Being shy, it ruined my life. Not taking the risks and being more outgoing. Wasting years of my life doing nothing, being nothing

saying no is a hard thing you have to find a way to be judgemental

How old are you now?

here here

not marrying her when i had the chance. it's hard, but i cary on.

i get what you're saying but knowing myself a great deal i just can say that i'm always torn between 2 sides of the same coin and am always short changing myself by giving everyone the benefit of the doubt and trying to be good to others
i'm now at a point where i will just not give any more shit about other's welfare and do my own thing

user, you still have 10 years before you turn 30.

whole life still

tons of time to change behavior and experience things

I hate greentext, but I can explain if you like. I do that here when people ask because it makes me feel terrible and I deserve to be punished.

This friend and I, Matt, worked a dangerous job together where we had to watch each other's backs. We were very different politically, so much so that we'd argue until we couldn't be in the same room together sometimes, but we liked each other and found ways to make it work.

He bought a house and I was supposed to move in with him and rent a room from him. It had been planned for months, but a few days before I was supposed to move, friends convinced me we would be bad for each other because we both experienced periods of severe depression, and we might make it worse for each other. So I called it off. He was hurt and angry, called me a bad friend on the phone, and called back repeatedly to berate me. I told him to fuck off and not to call me until he had his head on straight.

A year and a half later I got email from him saying his wife had left him and taken the kids and the house, he was homeless and living out of his car, and he wanted to come and talk to me and maybe crash with me for a while.

I was going through a depressive episode at the time and didn't want to deal with him at the same time, so I just deleted the email. He sent me two more emails which I felt so guilty about that I just deleted them unread.

Then he killed himself.

I can't fix it. I can't make it right. He was right, I was a terrible friend, a selfish bastard, and when he reached out for me at his darkest, most desperate moment, I turned my back on him. I might as well have put a gun to his head and pulled the trigger.

Now I have to live with the guilt for the rest of my life.

Same thing happened to me last week. Best friends for almost 15 years. Asked her if she had a date for valentines day "nope, do you?". I didn't, so I asked her if she wants to go with me and she text back "it depends on work i'll let you know" with an embarrassed smiley face. Cool, right?

A week past, no communicate of any kind. Send her a random unrelated text 2 days ago just to start some conversation, still no response. What the fuck.

She always claims I am good looking, so what the fuck could be the problem? I don't understand girls.

>couldn't work on protecting myself so I'm going with cynical asshole

It works but your life will be more hell then it has to be.

this ,,so much this

why are you posting this webm everywhere you nigger?

Its that your ugly user. Its pretty simple.
She only said you look ok because you're friends.
Sorry bro. Better luck next life

Yeah man I'm trying

You just went your own way.

A person that has to depend on you to live isn't long term healthy especially if you were unstable.

Your instinct was probably right, great chance you would have only prolonged his and your pain. You will realize this but it's gonna take a long time.

Try not to miss out on the life you still have while you think about it

spending time doing shit for a (potential) partner. shit is not permanent. i regret dropping shit so we could spend time together

How the fuck is that your fault. That's not "killing a friend".

If he was that depressed there's jack shit you could have done anyway. If you would have gave him a place to live, he'd probably killed himself there or worse, got in a fight with you and killed both of you.

Better than me user, at least you have the capacity to be good at something. I'm 30, good at nothing, and have no ambition. I honestly think most of the time my birth was a mistake.

How the fuck can't you understand other people's perspectives?

The thing is, I'll never know what would have happened. When he reached out for me, I turned my back on him. Maybe I could have saved his life. Maybe not. But I regret and will always regret making the selfish choice and costing him his life as a result. Especially since it turns out he was right and I *was* a terrible friend.

Coming to Sup Forums

Not taking my alcohol abuse seriously

Even if that's true, it's just hanging out on valentines day since neither of us had dates.

For the record, she is about 20 pounds overweight and has never maintained a relationship for longer than a month. I run 3 miles daily and lift twice a week.

She seems to just do random tinder hookups and never commit to anyone.

BLOW ME

saying nigger in a black neighborhood

Biggest regret:
>this one time
>OP wasn't a faggot

>I didn't respond to the thread

I don't think you're giving yourself any credit for being depressed. You didn't feel that gravity at the time so obviously you WERE depressed. It is a real disorder.

We won't ever know a lot of things. I don't know specifically how you feel, but I am familiar with chances untaken.

I can tell you as I said before, what a great chance there was of it occurring, and how you yourself were aware of it at a point.

It's understandable to hate yourself over that maybe 10%. But you weren't responsible for yourself. You couldn't be responsible for him. Yes, you were terrible friend material at the time for the very reasons you told him you were.

And he chose you anyway. I think you did your best and need to stop beating yourself up. I understand you'll argue because of the way you feel but remember what I say it'll mean something different to you one day

yikes

My dad committed suicide 2 months after I moved out and told him I didn't want to ever see him again. I think I understand his perspective just fine thank you.

That's not true at all. Depression is often situational, and something as simple as being around another person, interacting with them, knowing that your actions affect them too and holding yourself to a higher standard than you would if you were alone, can be all it takes to fix it.

Not all depression is intractable.

Things might not go your way in life but don’t regret things. I’ve known loss, I’ve known happiness and every other feel in between.
Some days I feel like being dead would be better then trying to pretend to be happy while being ripped apart inside by depression, other days I feel alright.

Best bit of advice I ever got was this
It only gets worse before it gets better.

This exactly. I've been dealing with a difficult manager for a good 8 months and have tried being nice and giving him latitude because of things in his personal life that he brings into work.

He has repeatedly failed to give me the support and guidance I need at work so I raised it with him and his manager, now I'm signed off by a doctor due to work related stress.

I wish to fuck I'd pulled him up the first time he was a dick to me rather than trying to be accommodating.

I'm seriously considering leaving a company I've progressed well in because of him and his manager's lack of action to sort out my manager's well documented and widely known shitty behaviour.

What? So you think the problem is her?

>friendzoned
>she's fat anyway
Bro, do you even lift?

same shit here user and I'm 45. Don't wait until you're 45, it feels much worse. Do it now.

>just making conversation with "I can let my guard down friend"
>instant awkward
>l-let m-me work s-schedule

seems p obv grills aren't that hard

you sound like no prize either

Well, yeah. That's a lot of red flags.

I regret nothing.

the human ego, most fragile of metals

Your dad was a worthless loser, and I'm glad he's dead.

No, I know you're right. Self-pity is the easy road, which is why I can't allow myself that. I was a bad person and made a selfish choice, and self-pity only adds to my debt. I recognize and acknowledge that I did wrong, and I've resolved to be a better human being by never making the selfish choice again.

It won't fix what I did, but it'll ensure I can save what little self-respect I still have by making sure I don't make the same mistake a second time. I post this story in Sup Forums because there's usually a few people who tell me I'm a terrible, awful human being and I should kill myself, which absurdly makes me feel better by confirming my worst feelings about myself. I guess it's a bit self-indulgent, but it helps me feel I've paid a bit back by letting strangers judge me harshly.

you can even rewind the clock further on that one

Is that... JC Denton with a goatee?

Oh wait I do have one regret, buying a bag of chicken necks thinking I'd get a decent meal out of it.

not my regret but my best friend, were both bi guys said he thinks he loves me, made shit real awkward as we used to sleep over at each others house

OP here, i'd rather have your situation than mine
I've been the subject of constant harassment and stalking for years
Alot of the shit that i have to deal with dates back to shit that happened in my childhood and the closest way i can describe it is ''gangstalking''
Since 2013 i've had over 40 jobs that most of them i quitted, last job i had i got fired because i went to the HR for the 3rd time to report harassment and mentioned that i'd contact the comity of work norms if nothing changes, next thing you know: i'm sent home and even tho the HR bitch told me i wasn't fired, i got the news the day after and they kept my last pay because apparently they ''overpaid'' me a month ago and all of a sudden i get kicked out and this shit happens
i tried to fill in a complaint and never got any news back

i've been taken several times in picture by complete strangers in public spaces, i'm constantly being intercepted by random people that tells me shit that i've already told other people that it's unlikely they can know about
even my whole family has a big part of responsibility to this whole bullshit

for the record, i'm not schizophrenic nor am i paranoid and i wish i was making this shit up
i'm 2 weeks away of ending in the streets and even tho i've been to the police several time, they won't do jackshit and let me know in a subtle way everytime that they're onto me

A wise man once said.......

Compare yourself to who you were yesterday rather than to who someone else is today

>I'm signed off and still complaining

people that cause the system to breakdown

BRO

>yeah well my mother is dead asshole

are you 10

Question:

Had relationships through age 16 to 18, so didn't really miss the teen love boat, but the last one ended badly, went off the rails for a bit, and now it's been five years solo, 22 now
I'm not really making any moves to change my situation
Got a job and go to gym, but just haven't gone out and done something about it
Am I going to regret this later?

you don't gain accreditation for being a fucked up loser. Btard armchair psychoanalists are a dime a dozen.

>can't allow
>i was abad person

Hard habit to break. You just made a bad choice

oh you wounded me, Im hurt

I don't know. Do you want a relationship? Are you prepared? Have you learned mistakes from the past? Make this one a little better than last time?

Not taking the long term effects of stress and depression seriously while I had the chance.
Now I'm a wreck and life holds no joy.
Too late.

You're 22 for fucks sake. You're not only in your prime, you're in the prime of your prime. Quit being a bitch. You don't even know what regret is yet.

She was molested at 13 by her brother, which doesn't help. I was 17 at the time and she latched onto me for protection. She's 27 now.

After ~15 years I came to accept her for who she is, and we always get along, so I figured why not ask her out since we're both getting up there and still single.

Never thought she'd ghost me, since she's not a looker by any means.

Jeez OP that sucks. Are you in a position where you can cut ties and move away? Granted it's easier said than done but sometimes you need a clean slate.

Getting signed off temporarily is not a silver bullet friendo, more a reprieve that will superficially be met with the usual "what can we do to help you?" spiel. In reality, my manager will (having seen this first hand) play nice for a little while and will carry on the same once he thinks that the dust has settled.

This is a person with a track record of winding people up and acting in irrational and bombastic ways that, like I said before, are widely known about.

Thanks, me too hence why I stopped talking to him.

You have bad reading comprehension.

>meemeemee wahhh
>these what ifs are sure to happen

well then make it more you whiny over priveleged excuse

Ah, that's why. You're there for her. And that's more than anyone can ask for.

You have bad everything

youtube.com/watch?v=qFsGlq13ZfY

I'm a 24 year old severe alcoholic. It's ruining my education. I went on a fucking bender thursday and am withdrawing from the substance abuse now. Haven't had sex in six years. I hate myself so much and wish I was dead.

>calling user out for what everyone in the thread is doing

I mean it'd be nice, and I could definitely do things a little different, but getting myself to that level is a lot of commitment that I haven't put in for a while
For sure it sounds like I'm just being lazy, but in 5 years of incel you settle in to not having to try

Tough love received, you're right that now is really the time to be doing that sort of thing, that's why I was thinking about how much I'd regret it if I didn't take any opportunities

Good one.

Are you 10?

>Jordan "Lobster" Peterson

what a great meme this man has become

Sucked in faggot

Congratulations on the dubs.

Make it more? I'm doing that too, we have a formal grievance procedure that I've followed, so I'll need to see what comes next.

I'm hardly privileged, but I don't see the value in picking a fight with a stranger over something as trivial as an ad hominem attack.