A custom from your country that utterly baffles foreigners

>A custom from your country that utterly baffles foreigners

Other urls found in this thread:

expat.or.id/info/indonesianfoodetiquette.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kissing your male friends on the lips every morning

kiss me frog, pucker uppppp

Microwaving your shoes before you put salt on it.

Being polite

Greeting women by 2 kisses in their cheeks (one each side)

poopy toilet paper goes in bins

a spanish girl stole my first kiss like this.

All the south does it, probably france too, and maybe some other mediterranean cunts.
But yeah I guess it really weirds out northerners and amerifats.

>A custom from your country that utterly baffles foreigners
"Please use the bin to throw used paper, the plumming can't handle it and clogs, thank you"

What the hell? How bad does the bathroom smell? How bad does the house smell overall? Do you empty the bins right after or what?

lol how old were you? You had to go to spain to be kissed on the cheek?

21, my first time abroad.

wew turns out r9k wasn't kidding the their HHKV stories.

Actually in the Netherlands it's three kisses when you greet women. Maybe we're the only ones in the north and we got it from Spanish occupation. Dunno tbqh

Mushy peas.

Shooting up your school when you fail a test

Suck ass each other every morning

I uh.. what??

bagged milk

Why does it offend foreigners so much?

>Groom's friends fingering him stealthily during the wedding

>Shoes in the fridge and then
>Tipping the fridge for cooling said shoes

You have issues Egypt.

>visit my friend the other day
>female cousin opens the door
>offers cheek
>"oh right, this is how i used to interact with female humans"
>awkwardly give two kisses and try not to think about it

alri /ck/

we use bags for milk AND sugar

Are you Coptic or kafir or something? That does NOT sound halal.

People wear their jacket backward while riding the bike

everyone uses bags for sugar you autist, you're not special

lots of countries use paper packages

#
I have seen this, and dismissed it as being practices of a sub-human race of people

Utterly refuse to talk to strangers in any kind of line or when you wait for something, for example the bus. Finnbros understand this.

Selling off our greatest city to Chinese millionaires

expat.or.id/info/indonesianfoodetiquette.html

also squat toilet

So chinky millionaires leave their polluted shitholes and bring heaps of cash money over to your place. Seems like a good deal tbqh, good for people who are cashing it in by flipping houses over to them

Saying 'sorry' when you're trying to get by somebody who isn't moving and you're not at fault in any way

>Spanish occupation
interesting I had no idea

Advertising prescription drugs.

that really did buffle me when I first learned about it.

... for protection or something? Or for the wind?
Looks dangerous.

>infant circumcision (I think it's dumb as well)
>peanut butter

Bagged milk is glorious. Surprisingly cheaper than the same amount in the carton box here.

We actually do "la bise" but the amount of kisses depends on the region, to confuse the foreigners

How about fake air kissing due to makeup?

When somebody farts you have to lean forward, sniff as loud as possible and make a disgusted face while pretending to genuinely say PEE YOU! or WOWIE THAT'S A STINKER. If you don't then they shoot you.

The bourgeois do fake ones, they don't even touch the skin, but that's because they're puritans. Doing so is seen as a faggy or bourgeois behaviour.

Greeting people you meet on the street by just slightly nodding your head in their direction, raising it only 0.02 millimetres, so that in case they were offended, you'd have plausible denyability
"I wasnt greeting you, your eyes played a trick on you".
Thats the idea, atleast.

They don't do this in other countries? wtf

Mexico has bagged milk? Then why is our middle brother so hesitant to adopt this custom?

Touching the feet of your elders as a sign of respect. It's getting less and less prevalent

i wish i was french so i could be kissy with people, how many people have you kissed?

Is bagged milk not common?

Where the hell does this happen? It sure as hell isn't in Rio.

hunting sea animals

at a birthday party it is customary to congratulate every family member with the birthday person's birthday

so if it was Johnny's birthday, you'd congratulate Johnny, Johnny's parents, grandparents and any siblings
usually back to back

When a couple goes to a restaurant, they sit next to one another, like in car, instead of across from one another.

According to two Europeans and an American on Interpals, this is extremely strange

milk this

*unzip bag*

>According to two Europeans and an American on Interpals, this is extremely strange
I can corroborate this. We sit across from each other here

In Midwestern towns, it's normal to strike up conversations with complete strangers. Mostly starting with the weather and leading into other topics. Everyone talks about the weather. In the rural Midwest people will wave as they're passing each other (like going opposite directions) on the highway. If you know the person you can use a full hand wave, otherwise you can raise a few fingers from the steering wheel or nod your head if it's a stranger. Women don't wave or nod for some reason. Every other house in the Midwest has a red barn star on it. It's for luck or something. A lot of gas stations in the Midwest have full kitchens and especially pizza (some gas stations even deliver pizza).

In some states it's illegal to pump your own gas at a gas station.

In Kentucky they have drive-through liquor stores.

I've seen the "it's common to talk to strangers" pretty much everywhere in America that wasn't some large city. Pretty comfy tbqh

If you drive a jeep wrangler, motorcycle, or an expensive automobile you wave to the people driving the same thing on the road

i thinks it's better to sit beside each other

I try to be as pleasant as possible, but it's kind of annoying when you want to be left alone. Ordering fast food and the person next to you asks you what you're going to get and leads to a conversation about how their father has cancer or something. I'm very tall (205cm) so absolutely everyone wants to strike up a conversation about how tall I am, or tell me about a cousin's wife's friend that's also pretty tall.

Yeah, it can get annoying, especially when you're not in a good mood or just not a people person. That said, I often remind myself that people who strike up conversation are just trying to be friendly and lighten up the atmosphere.

I do like that about American culture tbqh. You're often stereotyped as rude (and in some cases it's true), but there's also a culture of service and politeness that is very rare to find in other countries. Being friendly and polite to complete strangers is just cute. Cute!

kek

We have peanut butter here, I don't think it's anything unique

Everywhere, don't fucking lie. Almost everyone tosses the toilet paper they just used to clean their asses in the bin instead of in the toilet to be flushed.

>it's okay for confectioners to market diabetes to kids but it's wrong for diabetes treatment to be marketed to adults

Realise I'm bourgeois
>Always kiss air on both cheeks

>4

For what purpose

Sitting beside each other is very intimate reserved for girls, guys must always be across from each other.

tipping and circumcision

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>Sitting next to strangers on the bus.
>Ignoring everything

you win

seriously why the fuck would you do that?

Smiling, being polite, acknowledging people's existence

>Feigning politeness when it's completely unnecessary.

>amount depends on region

you baguettes just had to be the special snowflakes didn't you. christ

saying hi to people you pass on the street (unless you're a beta autist)

You must be in a really small town in the Midwest. I lived in Chicago and Indianapolis suburbs and people would greet strangers occasionally but nobody would
> asks you what you're going to get and leads to a conversation

Oh and these barns are so common everywhere, the color is even called "barn red".

It's harder to have a conversation if you're right beside eachother

This is fairly standard behaviour here. I think that's why people IRL like the Irish - the friendliness we take for granted appeals to the natural urge for human interaction they suppress all their lives.

>implying general politeness is pretense

Why do they hate us so much for it then?

refer to

yeah as a foreigner i have to say sometimes i want to avoid these conversations BUT i love their customer service culture. you never see such friendly clerks anywhere else, definitely not in europe where everyone hates you as a customer. and who cares if some people say it is not "sincere", i love it how friendly and efficient they are.

Not a clue. I like Americans. It's not surprising so many of you have Irish heritage - you have a lot in common with us in terms of behaviour that Europeans don't get.

>Every other house in the Midwest has a red barn star on it
fuking gommies

Seriously, dude, I have never seen that anywhere in the city of Rio. The only experience I have was when a new receptionist was hired at my job, she would put the shitty paper into the trash can, and everyone else made fun of her for it, and the manager had to go talk to her to tell her to cut it out.

this also happens in Aus

its very normal to give small few-fingered wave when passing people on roads
saying g'day to passing strangers, especially when not many people around in the street

it makes people feel at ease
except urbanites who feel confused and bewildered, rekt

>plumming can't handle it and clogs
what does that even mean? narrow pipes? clogged pipes? can't they unclog them? wtf

>In Kentucky they have drive-through liquor stores.
They have those everywhere in US besides a few shithole states I think

Whenever I go to another country I always have to use warm toilet paper on the first day, because those fuckers don't put it in the fridge!

wtf i like ireland now. i didn't know you guys are also loud and talk to strangers. do you also have difficulties with foreign languages and finding countries on the map?

Fuck if I fucking know.

>They have those everywhere in US besides a few shithole states I think
nope only in a few shithole states

Are you a foreigner working at a hotel or something? That's the only thing I can think of.

I've been to Rio and people there are no exception.

It would be nice to have an easy way to just pick up some milk or something on the way home from somewhere. But yeah most states that have them tend to be the shithole ones.

Wearing your shoes indoors.

When was the last school shooting?

>put the shitty paper into the trash can
I am confused. where do you need to put it then? to a bin next to the toilet? that is not the same trash can?

not wearing shoes in public
we also have weird figures of speech