Is this the most retarded robot design in movie history?

Is this the most retarded robot design in movie history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eM_ZaTsym6E
youtube.com/watch?v=1Nc8a9gnDso
youtube.com/watch?v=1cKejDpXZIg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why would you say that? If anything it looks more practical than 90% of robot designs in movie history.

> if by retarded you mean both practical and feasible, then yes, very retarded.

> it's a logical fallacy bait thread

No, interstellar is

>I've never actually seen Terminator 1 or 2

Oh ok

Seems a pretty good design, 360 degree rotation but with the extended arms giving wide arcs of fire. The head which is likely the most critical exposed pieces is relatively small target.

it is stupid looking. with the head and guns positioned that way it looks like a fat guy with his arms up - not very intimidating. get rid of the head and put a little sensor in the middle and it looks better.

>how does greentext work

Fuck you faggot

l2greentext

It's slow, all the electronic parts are exposed, gatling guns have magical ammo hidden there somewhere. Oh also
>no armor
>useless tracks

>big
>armored
>actual protection over vulnerable part
>can actually overcome obstacles due to the size of its tracks
>armed with plasma cannons
I take you're a retard, uhm?

No? It actually looks like something that would work and fuck shit up, unlike a bipedal metal man.

The thing in the OP is an obvious prototype that Skynet improved on resulting in Sorry if that was beyond your tiny pecker of a brain

Ahem

>useless tracks
Tracks are the best form of mechanical locomotion we can build - there's a reason we have tanks and not mechs.

>gatling guns have magic ammo hidden somewhere
Looks like the belt feeds back into the "arms" to me

>exposed electronics
This is fair, but the thing is a prototype isn't it?

People posting TARS in this thread need to lower their life signs by 100%

robots shouldn't have heads unless the point is to pass as human. you're designing a limitation that doesn't need to be there. put sensors all over it and it has full 360 degree vision.

>can't even beat a T-800
>looks like a mr potato head in human form
>can only find Sarah Connor due to plot and not actual investigative abilities

THE WORST

How to fix:
>remove useless front tracks
>add armor plating
>remove the entire top and replace with a turret and coaxial gun
Voila, your perfect military robutt

How the fuck was this movie so prophetic?

They are fucked because they put the most invincible terminator in the second movie.

Is this the most badass robot design in movie history?

Practical.
Extremely agile.
Deadly.
Movie is named after him.
Robokino.
Only downside is he's a druggie.

Seriously one of the worst designs for a robot I have ever seen. Still can't believe that was in the movie.

The odd thing is that throughout the entire franchise the T-800 always seems the strongest. Note that I'm not saying the most powerful, the most deadly, the most combat effective, I'm saying literally the strongest. Like he would take down any other model, including the ones seemingly decades more advanced, in arm wrestling.

The 1000 seems to get legitimately frustrated in this scene that he can't get the shotgun out of his hands, and during the finale the 1000 clocks him with a pipe and barely staggers him, only to get smacked in turn with the same pipe and fucking bisected from the shoulder down.

>Only downside is he's a druggie.

STRAIGHT EDGE FAGS PLEASE GO

Normally I'd just say plot armor, but maybe the T-1000's liquid steel structure limits the amount of pressure he can exert on his limbs, making him pound for pound weaker than the T-800, but overall much deadlier?

Why does the second guy on the left fall down without getting shot?

STR vs AGL

>lights start flashing after robot kills itself
my sides

Yeah. But i prefer classic
youtube.com/watch?v=eM_ZaTsym6E

He didn't you can see he gets down and crawls away. He was just getting the fuck out of there.

>that time in Terminator 4 when the 800 gets swole af

youtube.com/watch?v=1Nc8a9gnDso

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE A GOOD MOVIE ABOUT THE RESISTANCE FIGHTING SKYNET'S FORCES AFTER JUDGEMENT DAY!?!

>ED-209 and Cain will never be in a buddy cop/road trip movie together

Skynet did nothing wrong.

>Is this the most badass
No

ABC WARRIOR MOVIE WHEN!?!

I think both their designs are 2000 AD influenced actually.

Because there is no justice or good in the world

I wouldn't doubt it. Robocop's script was originally a Judge Dredd script. One of Robo's earliest concept designs bears quite a resemblance if you look closely. I like how his iconic arm pose is there in such an early stage

"Rip his arms and legs off! Save his head for last- I don't want him to miss anything!!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

That stuck with me as a kid. Are we allow to like Judge Dredd?

>Tracks are the best form of mechanical locomotion we can build - there's a reason we have tanks and not mechs
the reason for this is mostly that our technological level doesn't allow for mechs yet. boston dynamics is working on that, few decades from now, walking robots on two, four or six legs will be a thing. they can have actual advantages in certain terrains

>Are we allow to like Judge Dredd?

I like the lawgiver in it better than Dredd's. And it's not a bad movie and there's a lot of stuff that's faithful to the comics but Stallone yucks it up too much as Dredd.

but fuck it LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW is still one of the best cinematic moments ever.

>TARS, set butthurt to 200%

Beep-beep. motherfucker

So what film is this from?

The problem is they never really matched the size of the endoskelton to Arnold. When they did they realized it was too small.

its so cute

>android phone
sorry, i had to

Robocop 2, you underaged faggot.

drugbot 3000

this thing is pretty terrifying and recently watching the movie I loved the concept of it.

why the fuck would a robot tank need a torso for? extra attack surface?

full movie on youtube I think you guys would dig this one youtube.com/watch?v=1cKejDpXZIg

Looks like the hand rubbing merchant n the thumbnail.

haha I see it

Good point

Beep boop time to die.

the thing he posted is from T3

no shit, see

SAID THE JOKER TO THE THEEEEIF

I just hope to god the production model, ya know, PUTS THE FUEL TANK SOMEWHERE ELSE OTHER THAN EXPOSED IN FRONT OF THE VEHICLE

DUDE, the new nintendo is SWEET

>RL Rapier Armoured Carriers
USA, prepare for a lawsuit from GW.

Robin Hood and Little John walkin' through the desert
Laughin' back and forth at what the other'ne has to say
Reminiscin', This-'n'-thattin' shootin' all the haji's
Oo-de-lally, oo-de-lally, golly, what a day

Mind your feet.

Isn't that the point of the design? It was their prototype? The implication being it was one of the earlier military machines they made.

Salvation was supposed to start a future war trilogy.

>we want the kubrick audience

>Salvation performs poorly due to a nonsensical script
>"Oh fuck, better get hip actors teens love and fill it with jokes"
>no one likes Genisys either, despite the acceptable box office performance

That there is a god may be possible.

>posting cross-board content and acting like it's a great joke

This is how I know you're underage.

>4 203s
>for when you need to shoot a nigga with four 40mm grenades at the same time

Yeah and thank god that bombed, the future war presented in Salvation was so bland and boring it was ripped right out of Call of Duty

That's a good point.
Why not use a milkor? Only think I can think of is reliability due to less moving parts, but I've never heard of a milkor having operation issues.

A milkor is basically just a giant revolver, an extremely reliable design. If there were be any failure in that weapon system it would be due to the grenades being duds.

There were good ideas in there, but yeah, they pushed the gritty war movie tone too far. Making John Connor someone well-respected and trusted, but not the top-dog warleader was a good idea. Genisys made a big mistake here.

The resistance pulling out mothballed aircraft like F4s and F-8s was neato. But visuals can't save a shitty script.

Exactly.

>how scary could games workshops lawyers be?

Foley & Lardner LLP is an international law firm started in 1842. According to The American Lawyer, the firm ranked 39th on The American Lawyer's 2011 AmLaw 100 rankings of U.S. law firms, with $633,000,000 in gross revenue in 2010. Foley & Lardner has been in The American Lawyer's annual AmLaw 100 rankings of U.S. law firms by revenue since 1986

633,000,000 in revenue. brb sending my resume

Shit was all wrong. Everyone was supposed to be hiding at day to avoid the HK, but every single scene was during the day. I didn't like the idea of the resistance having aircraft and the resistance even existing without John Connor as the supreme commander is pure heresy.

But when you make Connor the supreme commander who can't go wrong, what do you do with the character?

You make it about the resistance, about Connor bringing humanity back from the brink. Connor is just the backbone. You want to see character development from John Connor in the future war? He spends his entire life up to that point developing and learning and becoming the person he will need to be for the future. He shouldn't still be figuring himself out when he's trying to save mankind. The opening future war scene in T2 implies he's basically a terminator anyway, cold and robotic after all the shit he has seen.

I don't want to see John Connor taking orders and getting bossed around and reigned in by old fat grumpy Michael Ironside.

Could you imagine that walking on a nice hardwood floor? It would scrap the shit out of it.

shiv a cute

*buddabuddabudda* *Boom* *auuugh* *1up*

I like the hover one with the plasma cannon

Don't see why it's hard to believe
Intentionally shit design to make it look more meaningful than it is, only appealing to people who know nothing of its kind, while infuriatingly adequate at being the entry point for someone who has no idea about what it is
It's just like a microcosm of the entire film

What are some cool mech designs?

>Heavily armed and armored combat mech.
>Nothing but a sheet of tough glass between the pilot and (if on earth) armor piercing rounds, IEDs, missiles, EFPs, etc, or giant pissed off ayy lmaos who's oversize weapons can handily penetrate that canopy and either kill the pilot outright or vent the cockpit of breathable air.
The whole rest of the mech's body is bulked with armor plates, I find it hard to believe that that glass canopy couldn't have been covered a removable armor plate. A camera system would allow the pilot to see, but if the camera was damaged it and the armor plate could be jettisoned from the mech with explosive bolts just like the glass canopy.

You watch too much anime mate.

I myself am a big fan of battle dildos.

You're aware that the Matrix was based on anime, right?

Pretty much all of western mecha is, in one way or another.

with VR a thing wouldnt all mechas just have a man encapsulated in metal with a VR on?

>Wanting to make a mech, which is an inherently stupid concept more viable as a combat vehicle means that I watch too much anime.
Huh? Have you received a concussion any hard impact to the skull recently?

wut?

So because the giant armor suit isn't perfect it's useless? It offers far more protection than running around without it and its main function is to offer mobility while being protected while dishing out 33mm rounds. Otherwise you might as well sit and shoot from a bunker. The canopy is reinforced with impact-resistant glass-polymer laminate. And having cameras to look around rather than your own eyes is impractical as fuck.