Hey Sup Forums. Life has been going so shit for me lately and I don't know what to do. I want to get help...

Hey Sup Forums. Life has been going so shit for me lately and I don't know what to do. I want to get help, but I don't like bothering people with my problems. Should I just end it all?

OP I feel you life has been very shit for me the past couple months. Im the same way I don't talk to anybody about my problems im only close enough with one person to talk to them about my problems and i'm on the brink of losing them but keep your head up life gets better it may take a while but it will i recommend working out if you don't already that's all that's keeping me going

The 2 people I used to tell everything to are acting like they don't want anything to do with me anymore. Keep your friend close man, hope shit gets better for you. I've been too depressed to workout, I used to, but my energy in life is drained right now

literally the same here. training is the only thing to keep me going and i feel like a worthless piece of shit otherwise

ask them straight up what's going on if they act like assholes and don't want you in their life then fuck them find people that are better to hang around with. I'm trying to keep my friend but i fucked up and think I've pushed them away to they point where they are done. Drag yourself to the gym if you have to it helps

what training do you do?

I'm afraid that they'll completely shut me out of their life if I do that. I want to discuss it and maybe come to a compromise, but what if shit goes wrong? And same shit happened with me too dude. I fucked up really bad with a friend and idk what to do to fix it.

Seek psychiatric help. Talk to your insurance provider and ask for therapists in your area that are covered through your plan. Listen to what they tell you and comply with their treatment suggestions.

It'll be the best thing you'll ever do.

Can't even explain how much I want to get help, but I'm completely thrown off about talking to someone I don't know about my problems. I feel like a burden even trying to sound a cry for help

if they shut you out of their life then its no different then how it is now you just have closure if shit goes wrong then roll with the punches life throws at you and eat that shit up. With the whole friend thing there's not much you can do besides put yourself out there and hope they forgive you. No matter how shitty life gets there's no reason to end it

the one problem with seeing a therapist is the medicine they prescribe for anxiety and depression (if that's your diagnosed problem) usually makes you feel like a emotionless husk of a human which is really no way to live

you're right man. I'll discuss it with them sometime soon. Might as well get closure that it's over instead of torturing myself more. and just with everything going on, the days just feel so long and torturous that ending it is something i want to do, but i'm trying to keep myself from it, as bad as I want to.

Think about it like this - you aren't burdening them with your problems because you're paying them to listen. They listen and provide advice for a living, and they've spent six, eight, or maybe even more years training to do this. It's their job to do this.

Yeah, psychiatric medication can be a little tricky, but if you have a quality prescriber, he or she will work with you to find a medication that works for you and one you can tolerate the side effects of. It's a trade-off, but the side effects are well worth it in some cases. It's trial-and-error, it takes a lot of patience, but it's worth it in the long run.

I get that completely but don't focus on that they way i see it is if you're actually suicidal then go do whatever the fuck you want nothings stopping you be as reckless as you want worst case scenario you die which is where you were before and best case you have fun maybe start to enjoy life and meet new people who are better than your old friends

that's a good point man.
i don't want to hurt anybody and i still have hope that's why I'm not reckless. and I'm scared to move on from my friends. I like them, we've had good times together. It's hard to move on from people imo

this perfectly describes what i was trying to say

of course its hard to move on from people but at some point you have to make a decision based on if you're better off with or without them. I recently dated a girl who constantly said that she doesn't want to lose me if we break up and that she loved me more than anybody else. I broke up with her because she seemingly stopped caring and she continued to say she wanted to still be close but once she was over me she basically told me to fuck off. what i'm trying to say is don't hold on to other people cause your worried about hurting them if they don't seem to care then fuck them and move on, that's much easier to say then do but everyone goes through it.

call a crisis line man. Trained professionals who are ready to listen and give suggestions. know that mental health is not something to be ashamed about. Also only psychiatrists will prescribe you medicine so if you just go to a psychologist you won't have to worry about them pushing meds on you unnecessarily

that situation is somewhat similar to mine and im going to try to pick myself up and either fix it or just move on. it's hard though, as you and i both agree. but I'll try to manage it.
i don't want to be a burden man :( i've been thinking about it though. someone else made a good point about it and that's starting to change my mind..

It's worth noting that psychiatric nurse practitioners are also qualified to prescribe medications, but a regular LPC cannot prescribe medications.

talking to a person trained to help you isn't being a burden I would go to one myself because I think I have bi polar disorder i check all the boxes and its in my family so its even more likely I just don't want a official diagnosis because right now i'm telling myself that i'm fine

Ignorance is bliss but I don't think it should be applied to that. Get help man. Wishing you the best.

There's no shame in being mentally ill. It's no different from having a heart condition, it's just that your brain doesn't work like everyone else's. It also takes months to accurately diagnose someone with bipolar disorder, even with a family history. I wouldn't trust WebMD if I were you.

LPCs will teach you how to cope with your issues and symptoms, first and foremost. Diagnoses only matter when medication is involved.

Say i go and get diagnosed with bipolar disorder I take medicine which may help me not lash out on others and push them out of my life or it could very well turn me into a emotionless husk of a human. Or if the doctor tells me i'm actually fine and I realize I've just been a over emotional pussy my whole life and I've been wrong this whole time

Yeah, it's a hit or miss, but regardless, it will help you. Get the attention you need. If the medication doesn't work, talk to the person and they'll work with you.

I'm not going to pull punches about psychiatric medications. They can make you sick, but it won't turn you into a numbed up zombie. That's a common misconception and a horrible myth. They have side effects, but you have to accept that it's a trade-off. You may be drowsy, but you won't be manic.

Also, you aren't an "over emotional pussy" for feeling strongly about things. Get out of the "man up" mentality as quick as you can, because it does more harm than good.