What happens after death?

What happens after death?

you're dead.. basically

Nothing
It's like sleeping but not dreaming

Seriously? How depressing.

and you never wake up...

Yup

You wake up in a reality that, if you understood it outside of idealism and platitudes, is terrifyingly worse in every way.

What if you do dream though?

whatever happens, you leave this crude vessel, and that's good enough for me.
personally, i like to imagine we're some kind of beings that exist on higher planes, forcibly trapped in this awful reality for whatever reason.

Don't try, it's like talking to a brick wall.

THEy bury you

you become part of the lifestream

Y not just something like this? As above so below?

t. schizophrenic

>What happens after death?
We go to Baba Booey Land.

Equestria

Same as what happened before you were conceived.

Blowjob?

You respawn at the bonfire.

Kek. +1 internets.

An eternal dream without sound,sense,pitch black.

you repeat your life once universe dies and starts again with minor changes

You go in a hole, you decompose, and all the people who knew you pretend you never existed (because they don't want to get sad... or because none of them ever actually liked you).

Can I just die forever instead? This sounds exhausting.

I have trouble visualizing eternal oblivion because I wouldn't remember anything after death in case it was true.

you go back and live/die as all the other people you haven't lived as yet. you do this until the universe dies, then you become god.

cant that's why suicide isnt even a good option

You are reborn as an animal you mistreated, unable to speak or communicate, you experience it's hell

you go 6 feet under

Whats more disturbing is the very real possibility that the "persistent self" is an illusion our brains ability to hold memories tricks us into. Every moment we are but a new self with memories of our life. In that way every moment is a birth and a death for us in terms of how we look at things.

Also google 500 million year button for unrelated fun. Sleep tite

also the possibility that at any given moment, you have just at that moment been created and all memory is just programmed in, with the most recent moment being programmed so strong you think it just happened.
this one fucks me up hard every time.

Nah once you die you remember your experience as all these people. Not that the memories matter to you because you're on a much higher level of consciousness

The one I stated is a very real possibility as to the nature of the mind and how it projects what we call "the self" look up "the man with the 12 second memory" or however many seconds they say it is now when it should really be 0. Every moment for that man is the first moment as his brain has lost the ability to catalog memories.

>"persistent self" is an illusion our brains ability to hold memories tricks us into.
Pam Reynolds apparently maintained her self after brain death. And apparently Pat Rodegast channeled that "death is like taking off a tight shoe." Who knows.

Imagine nothing.

refer back to

I really hope this. Sounds peaceful af.existing for an eternity is a headache. I'd definitely go mad.

That is 100 percent unrelated to what I just said.

Teeeeeeechnally true, and that’s pretty cool.

Fuck you then

this is why persistent dissociation is such an awful thing.
it's like having a forced ego death while still trapped in your body. something just feels fundamentally wrong with everything in and around you.

Likewise, nothing wrong with your post but I dont get the feeling you read mine

Nite fagets

Night night. That "chi" on your skin is a spirit.

Your mind becomes trapped in a void. After many millennia of deep thought and meditation you gain the power to create matter from nothing. You create a burst of energy. You decide to create a universe with habitable planets for creatures to grow and progress on while you study them. Youre god

You lose your v-card.

It’s like pressing the reset button. Time is a flat circle friendo

The worms go in,
the worms go out,
the worms playnuckle on your snout.

the same things before you're born

something that i really hope isn't the case is that you remain trapped in your body, and still fully feel everything that happens to it, but you just have zero control.
that would be hell. a few days of torture, constant discomfort, constant pain if you died brutally, then a few years of slowly rotting, and after that just sitting in a fucking box for your mind to stagnate forever.
fuck me.

Unlikely

Can't wait to find out tbh.

Once your brain function ceases there is no you. Wondering where you go is like turning off a lamp and asking "Where did the light go?".

After death, your very being is taken elsewhere, to a far off land where nothing in your previous life can be remembered, and any "memory" wiped. You are rebirthex, under an entirely new being, just to die yet again and again until the death of the universe, until nothing is anything and life cannot maintain itself. At least, i hope.

So you think consciousness = brain?

Everything. Just without you.

the longest, most intense dmt trip ever.
prepare to be molested by machine elves for all eternity.

Or perhaps maybe there is a new place for us after death. Say, we do not become nothing but rather we aee ranslocated anew to a planar shift, where new tasks are given and a reborn life is granted. There we live for, perhaps, another lifetime, until the same happens. Endless cycles of life seem the most plausible though. Cont from

Personally I think it's something similar to how the matrix trilogy played out. You live your life, you die, go to the source/God/whatever, dump off your memories, then get in line to be reborn. I think the "wait time" is more or less the afterlife but you don't experience it because you've basically been demoted to a sleeping toddler.

Because rebirth means you end upon new birth, being born again would mean we are a different spiritual race from the lords of the universe who run this 13.8 billion y.o. space simulation. They necessarily need to exist outside of the matrix don't they. On the other hand, if they we are the same race as them then we too will enjoy a continuing consciousness after death and this universe is a springboard.

> Nothing at all. You don't feel time evolving anymore, as you don't hace any thought. It's like sleeping without a dream and without the sensation of time passing. You are litterally nothing anymore and don't feel/know it.
Source : I've already died once and get reanimated.

Yes. I think that what we call consciousness is an illusion created by our brain to enable us to make sense of a universe which, at a basic level, is mostly empty space and electric charges.

Wait what the fuck
Ill bite, tell me about it

^^^

Dawkins would be proud of you.

we die until we are kill

or do we????

You wake up to the real world, remembering your real life and you check out your activity scores. Do you think things that are this ridiculous are real events?

Death isn't anything fancy. You just stop existing as if you never existed in the first place. We're all just stardust baby.

Would you like to know for a certainty? Take the heroic dose and achieve ego death. The end of the self is not the end, it is rather the beginning of Oneness. Visit the machine elves and lose your fear of death forever.

Death is but a portal into a another realm of light and darkness what's unknown is how this reality effects the ones beyond and what might the point or opportunity of being alive on this world means.

You become reborn on Earth in another timeline...but your memories of your previous life are gone.

This is actually the most logic answer, #OP if you are feeling depressed about death, there is just 1 answer to life, enjoy it even tho it seems pretty awful, life is beatiful but humanity isnt.

lmao you're a human, all the kindness, generosity, love and care you'll ever experience are from them.
If you're satisfied with pets you got no reason to feel sad about shit.

nothing changes, you are nothing now, and will continue to be for eternity. LOSER!

Materialists don't know about the mind's corridors.

the illusion that is you disappears, SCHIZO!

what if you're cremated?

you die, bacterias will eat everything you're made of

Fuck I wish I knew which of these answers is accurate. Black nothingness is what I would imagine but the idea of waking up in another dimension scares the shit out of me.

oh shut up i used to believe all that, then i realized i value truth more than some made up bullshit, now it could be possible, but there's no evidence and it is only reasonable to me to not believe that. Just because it isn't comfortable or one big plan doesn't mean i don't accept it, i accept the chaos, if i didn't i would be lying to myself.

exactly.
i guess intense and incredibly horrible burning sensation until all your nerve endings are gone. then you get to sit in an urn forever instead instead of a cloth-covered box. at least from an urn you could maybe hear conversation.

>it is only reasonable to me to not believe that.
No it isn't

hmm.. maybe.

unless you're ashes are spread out over the world or ocean or whatever the hell those people do with them.

that's the whole point retard, nobody knows for sure, we just use logic to the best of our ability, to me it is most logical and reasonable to not make up a prediction of death based on my human experience but a more objective science perspective that the brain is conscious and when it shuts off consciousness ceases to exist.

What if you are the bacteria? It's possible our consciousness isn't actually the human body but instead the bacteria culture living inside of that body.

ITT: Retards. No one knows what happens.

>No one knows what happens.
You'd first need to know every living human in order to say that.

i mean we are basically bacterias of earth, technically

this guy ( ) knows. he already died once ang get reanimated.

Haha, fair enough, smartass.

Is it too much to ask that I get to fly through the universe exploring planets and other galaxies without a space suit? Now that’s what I’d be content with. Oh, and lots of cosmic music to listen to as I’m breaking the light speed barrier.

Near Death Experiences are the closest things we can go by without knowing exactly what happens. Read up on that

ask yourself what happens before you were born.

you get reborn but just forget everything

no actually bacteria play more of an important role in the ecosystem than we do. we don't really benefit the ecosystem in any way, we probably have a net negative effect on it too, if humans were as vital as say cockroaches and ants we probably would have been around for as long as they have. soon we will be extinct, either from a mutation or ai uprising but more likely just destruction of the planet that we rely on.

consciousness is made up of stationary tachyons and when we die they blast apart.
the reason scientists haven't been able to figure out how to break 2.9x10^8 yet is because we're not allowed to know what happens after death. it's just a natural law.

This just in, our insane world is a VR game.

NDE's are told by living people, they're likely caused by imagination. most logically explained by that.

Mebbe ask an angel if it's a rite of passage? If you talk to angels.

you get to sit in the most comfortable private theater and watch an un-cut movie of your life.

that's why I narrate everything I do out loud, said user, as he typed away in the dark corner of his sanctuary, his room.

you can also flip channels to look in on your living relatives and descendants. watch them live, learn and fuck.

and it's like the best studio movie grill, you can order and eat all you want because you'll never get full. and the food is top notch.