Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England
evilbible.com/evil-bible-home-page/murder-in-the-bible/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If it anit white, it anit right.

read the Koran instead
it teaches you how to blow up

It's one of the most important literary works in human history

>that part in the old testament where god spends about 20 pages literally reading a list of names
>that other part where they spend another 20 pages detailing different ways to sacrifice animals

yeah this shit is pretty lame

Most modern stories borrow themes from the Bible so if you wanna write a screenplay

allows you to make an informed opinion

only good answer itt

Two words [ rolling papers] cause cant read if ya ant stoned to hell haha

One of the better fantasy works i can think of, also god kills alot of babies at one point...

Because you'll have insight and a better view on how to deal with life and different aspects God's way.

Look at it from a literary or anthropological context instead of a religious one. From those perspectives it's pretty fascinating. It's like a tiny glimpse into the storytelling and the social mores of a civilization through two highly-tumultuous times. The Old Testament is largely during the Bronze Age collapse and the New Testament documents their dying moment of even limited autonomy, going from Roman client state to a province to being swallowed into a larger province and its people dispersed.

for the story

Because you might as well do something productive and read a fucking book for a change instead of shitposting on Sup Forums.

Pretty much, that's exactly what I was going to say. It's a literary artifact from thousands of years ago. It's actually quite interesting

Because there's legitimately good advice in it if you can get past the cultism.

One long as after life of eternal suffering, and feeling bad that you forgot to read one in game manual

I will give you 7
1 Jesus
2 salvation
3 truth
4 redemption
5 love
6 healing
7 hope

logic

You can read

without reading this piece of shit, you won't understand Christianity's part in history. Or Shakespeare for that matter.

Pretty cool shit at the end of the book

tl:dr

To have a better understanding of how little sense it makes and how stupid Christians are for believing and worshiping that fucking nonsense.

Okay, Mr. High Horse

1. jesus
2. the son of god
3. the holy lord
4. the right hand of the father
5. you get to stone a woman if you fuck her and convince her to marry you

Reason 1: You're on Sup Forums
Read away user.

You really should
It's one of the funniest books I've ever read
This "God" character is one of the most evil villains in fiction

i mean it would be easy enough to say fedora tipper on this one
but at the same time it's not like it isn't a joke

it teaches the truth, if you read the king james 1611 version. all other version are rubbish

indeed!

a lot of the things that "god" says in the old testament werent actually said by god btw

>And GOD said to the Hebrews, "Yeah, rape is cool. Even the babies.
>"Just kill all the dudes first."

Amen

oh yeah
forgot that most of the stuff was him communicating to his secret partner through an earpiece
that's how they did the magic tricks you know

Yes.

if you put jokes & theologian aspects aside, it's a pretty epic book. truth or lie, it's a book that in many ways shaped the world we live in

there are too many versions around.
you should read the only true one -- the Roman Catholic version, which doesn't sport Lutheran errors and ambiguities.

catholics aren't christians

You don't understand many references in older literary works if you haven't read the bible.

That's about it.

For you own education? I couldn't make it through, and I did try the new testament, koran, and the torah. I'm an atheist and I couldn't be bothered with old ramblings. Ancient people didn't have any connections with god, they just didn't understand the nature lightening and schizophrenia.

Read a summary version or go read the main stories. The bible is a translation of a translation and really doesn't make sense. Think about Shakespeare... nothing he says makes sense and he's English, and has about 1500 years on the bible (the new testament was mostly written down a 100 years after Jesus).

lol im sure everybody wasnt a christian until calvin came along right

So you can understand the people who do and how they use its words out of context to fit their point of view even though that very book and argue against their point of view. As a teen atheist (a long time ago), it was my favorite tool to attack Christians.

OP:

I recommend you go over to /lit/ and ask them the same question.

So you can properly answer to retarded Christians who haven't read their own religion's book. Example: when a christian freak tells you abortion is a sin you can tell them abortion is never mentioned anywhere in the bible

he wasn't a christian either. there is only one way to god: the blood of the lamb. everything else is mystery babylon

Crucial for studying the English language, but not for much more.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_VIII_of_England

Non-Catholic Christianity was built on the basis of this guy not getting annulments. Essentially this dude wanted boy heirs and ignorantly blamed his wives. This is the basis for Protestants, an off-shoot Christian Religion derived from the Christianity Classic aka Catholicism. Fuck, I'm an atheist and I know more about your religion than you.

Essentially, Catholics are the Christians, everyone else, starting with Henry the VIII just wanted to change the rules.

Someone hasn't read their holy book.
evilbible.com/evil-bible-home-page/murder-in-the-bible/
This should be fun for you.

the blood of the lamb is the only part of protestantism that's true. everything else is mystery babylon

This guy is right

wrong

Not even trying.

None of it is true. It's a bunch of writings that were compiled by a Roman congress 300 years after Jesus died. That's essentially the basis for Islam... that Jesus was a prophet but his story got twisted by the Roman Empire.

I personally don't "believe" in any of it. Jesus is as real as King Arthur: he was possibly based on multiple people and his powers are all myth.

>you should read the only true one -- the Roman Catholic version, which doesn't sport Lutheran errors and ambiguities.
Oh, boy. How did you determine which one was the correct one?

Oh, you are really stupid my nigga

no. it's gods's truth.
>admit you're a sinner
>accept the blood of the lamb
>live you life free from sin
that's it. you don't need priests, pastors, churches, rituals or organizations. just faith.

Samson is a better super hero story than anything marvel or DC has done in years

For those who haven't read the bobble, there is some pretty fucked up things in it.
There are also some great life lessons in it.
You don't have to be a bible pounder to enjoy them.

jesus had a sword

You're right. It's so dreary, you should stick to harry potter and twilight books instead.

These reasons

And it teaches you how to be saved from what's coming. I really hope you do read it.

The catholic church is the actual devil. The codex Sinaiticus and Vaticanus are forgeries with missing verses. Do not be decieved. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, not the pope or any church "father".

The main character dies and then comes back to life. Just like John snow. Good novel.

the mother church is the true whore of babylon, but alas she controls the protestants as well. her jesuits goons are crafty

Don't

Amen
Christianity is an understanding (understand that God is real and Jesus is the Son of God)and not a religion, the reason so many people aren't saved is because they think Christianity is the ((Church)), who uses the bible to control people with doctrines of men, instead of making us free.

making us free with the Truth*

exactly right! christianity is faith. religion is false faith. the church is supposed to be a gathering place for like-minded individuals, and not a organized business

The Holy Spirit is working in this thread

Matthew 18:20

Were u there?

>the church is supposed to be a gathering place for like-minded individuals, and not a organized business
but the catholic church is pretty cool

You shouldnt

BASED

The catholic church is leading people to hell
Revelations 14:9

Some good rape and murder stories in it

catholics are satanists who worship the mother-child of the baal religion. they don't believe in the trinity and promote their false idea of hell called purgatory. you might as well call freemasons good people

catholics worhip jesus and god you plebian

Don't forget incest (Abraham with daughters when the "sin cities" were destroyed).

Curiosity?
Don't just read that, read many more books on all sorts of stuff.
Philosophy, religion, sociology, science, politics etc, but certainly also fiction for a good lark.

Books are the sites of old, found in libraries, the internet of yore.
Go forth young user, read stuff!

Pic unrelated

because having read it from cover to cover makes you a better christian than 90% of christians

Maybe God killing 42 kids because they made fun of a bald person? II Kings 2:23-24

no they don't. their jesus is dead on the cross, and only reachable through the holy mother, mary. their real god is the pope

yeah im pretty sure catholics worship jesus, you can go ask them

Because open mindedness is a good thing.
reading is not necessarily believing.

Revelations

Nice dubs.

You should read Bullingers Companion Bible and use a Strong's Concordance. The latter is a dictionary of meanings of words in the Bible.

When "Rightly divided" the bible can really answer a lot of very important questions.

This is probably the most solid advice I have ever been offered.

(The names of these two books)

It's a good comedy.

>Strong's Concordance
and after reading all three books, are you now a Christian?

no, they don't. i've been to catholic mass. they worship a dead jesus (crucifix). catholics worship mary and the pope.

It's better than a sleeping pill.

Two books.

Yes in that I follow Christs teachings and worship God. No in that I do not promote any particular Church and always advise others to read these books and not to join any church.

Well, the third book being the bible...

God is autistic. The tantrums.

everything that catholicism teaches is unbiblical
and they are the ones who "moved" the Holy Sabbath to sunday.

Bullingers Companion Bible is simply a reprint of the KJV (1611) Bible With annotations and Strong's numbers next to all the words. So you have Strong's, and Bullinger's, two books that can be used to understand what was being said and taught by Christ.

So you can see No consent was given by Mary (nowhere in that book!) So 'God' = Rapist

its the ultimate gold pill, a gold capsule full of red pills