Marilyn Manson > Nine Inch Nails

His band has way more good albums and overall talent in its members.

They both suck.

>le eats popcorn meme
Good choice. Another successful conflict avoided and argument won.

manson has literally negative talent

What good is more good albums to one great album?

*inserts banana*

this but unironically

>one great album
Not only did ACSS succeed TDS in its attempt at expressing themes and musical ingenuity, but PoaAF, MA, and HW were also better than that album. It's okay to cry, Trent.

Trent played everything on PHM. I have infinitely more respect for him than Manson.

Why don't you unironically shove a coke bottle up your ass.

Manson hasn't made a single good song.
NIN atleast made one.

Hes a talentless shock rock fedora tipper

marilyn manson is just nine inch nails for even edgier teenagers.
the only significant difference between them is that it's less embarrassing for someone over the age of 19 to listen to nine inch nails

At least GG could play guitar. I've never seen Manson play anything.

One made a career out of ripping off Rozz Williams.

The other made a career out of ripping off Skinny Puppy & Frontline Assembly twisting and warping it to appeal to the plebeian masses.

Fuck em' both.

Probably, but NIN has the better songs.

That doesn't matter when musically it's not a very profound album. I'll admit PHM is pretty catchy but creating albums like that is not very impressive especially in the modern day where anyone can make an electronic album on the computer that could be more catchy that PHM.

Also, Manson's band members had way more skill both individually and overall as a cohesive group compared to Trent. Trent couldn't sing as well Manson, couldn't play guitar as well as Daisy Berkowitz or John 5, couldn't play bass as well as Twiggy, couldn't play drums as well as Ginger Fish.
The only thing Trent was good at was producing industrial sounds and adding synths. That's literally the only thing he contributed to Manson's albums.

Manson is a better lyricist and arguably better vocalist, but his music is mostly super generic hard rock

Nine Inch Nails is pure cringe, lyrically, Manson's music at least conjures up interesting imagery and often has lines and plays on words that will make you think. Trent is just pure whining about getting cucked for all his acclaimed albums.

which is generally superior to what Trent usually does.

And no, it's not really generic

When I said Marilyn Manson > NIN I was referring to Marilyn Manson the band. Manson has top-tier vocals which is all he needs being the singer of the band.

You do realize that PHM came out in '89 right? You're obviously deluded but not that deluded, right?

that is, when his lyrics make enough sense for you to figure out that he's singing about getting cucked

but at least you can't comprehend trent's vocals and the instrumentals are more interesting than manson.
but in all honesty their music is like 80% the same from what ive heard of them

How much Marilyn Manson have you actually listened to?
t. has never listened to Portrait
That album completely puts "rock-music" on its head, it's a conglomeration of psychedelic, alt-metal, industrial, and punk that doesn't sound anything like "generic rock". You describe Marilyn Manson like they're Nickleback or some shit.

Yes, which was an impressive feat for the time but that doesn't change the fact that it's not a very good album. Trout Mask Replica came out in '69, but that doesn't mean it's actually a good album even though it was way ahead of its time in cutting edge avant garde art-shit.

You should listen to them more, because you'll see they're very different once you listen through a decent amount of their albums.
Trent's vocals are some of the most upfront clearly audible vocals out there, especially for industrial music.

>Portrait
I actually haven't, but I will give it a listen because that sounds interesting. I'm mostly thinking of his acclamed post-AS albums that really bored me

>Trent's vocals are some of the most upfront clearly audible vocals out there, especially for industrial music.
coil is far more clearly audible vocals, even when jhon isn't even singing actual words

What sets it so far apart from "generic rock" is mostly due to Daisy Berkowitz's unique guitar work and odd time signatures and style in general. He was the genius behind their early work and wrote most of the good songs on ACSS.

Hmm I'll keep that in mind

You watch yourself in the mirror when you masturbate, don't you?

they're both good imo

Man that you fear > Hurt

Indeed
Have you heard the demos for it? They're fucking awesome and sound just as good as the published version because of their different styles. When you listen to the demos it pretty interesting to see how little Trent contributed to their sound, they already had all the good riffs and hook lyrics gave it le ebin industrial treatment.

Trent was at least able to do everything himself, even after he hired session musicians and producers. Trent is far more of an actual artist than Manson or his musicians could ever be.

Manson has done basically one thing throughout his career while Trent has a far more diverse discography. The musicianship of Manson's band is unimpressive and notwithstanding.

If you like anything Post Holly Wood you are embarrassing.

NIN is on entirely different level. The EPs are amazing with songs that will be classified as some of NIN's best songs.

Manson never came even close to reach the qualities of a NIN album.

And Heaven Upside Down was utter thrash

Marilyn Manson has been better as of recently. His new album is better than anything Trent has done recently.

someone in this thread doesn't know that we can see the number of posters overall, and keeps samefagging with generic statements

You gotta be fucking shitting me.

The EPs blow that album out of the water

>Manson has done basically one thing throughout his career while Trent has a far more diverse discography. The musicianship of Manson's band is unimpressive and notwithstanding.
Manson
>changed his style on every album
>reinvented himself and the band multiple times
>made 4 top tier albums before he began to decline
>is still making good music
Trent
>made 2 good albums
>gradually declined into a radio-friendly version of himself
>suddenly decided to do extremely mediocre """electronic""" music that nobody actually likes

Portrait > Antichirst

ARE YOU LESS THAN
Yeah nice retro-copout artist you've got that puts out garbage electronic music that nobody likes

This is true
The demos are even better for Potrait, and the Antichrist demos are better than Antichrist. Every Manson album up to and including Holywood is better than NIN.

Sorry user Trent’s newest material seems so uninspired to me. NTAE was pretty ok but Add Violence was deeply disappointing imo, I thought Less Than was the only good track on there

Only album of Trent that has been radio friendly has been With-Teeth, which still had plenty of unique and experimental tracks like The Line Begins To Blur or Besides You In Time. Yet it was still amazingly constructed album, change of style. Something Trent had been doing with every release.
Year Zero was a huge shift, in tone, sound and aesthetics.

Marilyn has never changed himself to the extend Trent has. Manson has been embarrassing, Pale Emperor looked like to be a saving grace, but then hr fucked it up with the next album
That song kicks ass, the rest of the album is even better though.
I will take Less Than, a deeply layered song over generic "we know where you fucking live" which has nothing to offer, only showing how messed up Manson's vocals are now.

Who cares?
Both musicians were shock cock rock artists in the 90s
Both of them are pretty much the same thing
And both of them continued making mediocre music in the new millennium

Cool. I can't see how you can't see how uninspired and downright unmemorable new Manson's releases are though.

And Heaven Upside Down isn't? What is in that album that catches you? It's awful

You're forgetting The Fragile and Year Zero, which were also very friendly. None of the changes Trent has undergone are close to the changes in Manson's albums
Portrait to ACSS is a huge leap and change in style
Mechanical Animals is completely different from either of those albums
Holywood has a new take and style on the previous two styles
Golden Age of Grotesque is very very different from all of those albums as well

>That song kicks ass, the rest of the album is even better though.
>I will take Less Than, a deeply layered song over generic "we know where you fucking live" which has nothing to offer, only showing how messed up Manson's vocals are now.
Less Than is not deeply layered at all, especially compared to how layered albums like Portrait, ACSS, Mechanical Animals and Holywood were.
I'd take tracks like Blood Honey, Heaven Upside Down, and Revelation 12 over anything Trent has produced since the 90s.

>Be Trent
>Hold oscar
>Hold grammy
>Make acclaimed music
>Your movie scores are giving you so much money you can experiment as much as you like in your main band
>Release some of your best work to date
>Bowie himself toured with you
>Cash covered your song
>Make soundtrack to now a classic video game (Quake)
>Appear recently in Twin Peaks
>Make some of the best live performances to the audience
>Still push yourself forward.

>Be Manson
>Make three or four good albums with a help of other musicians
>People start getting sick of your asshole behaviour
>Talented people leave you
>Be on an instant decline
>Rather than getting attention through good unique art you become more and more desperate to shock value
>You became relevant for a moment because stage prop felt on you
>You argue with Bieber over social media
>You cover songs of other artists while changing nothing
>Become more of a walking joke
>Even your fans admit to your life perfomances being utter jokes
>Never developed, only fans still care.

It’s a lot more interesting to listen to than Add Violence. The standout tracks on HUD stood out a lot more to me than anything off Add Violence.

Are you kidding me?
How the fuck is The Fragile or Year Zero friendly?
Yeah man, I hear The Way Out Is Through, Underneath It All, Vessel and The Great Destroyer in radio all the time.
Something tells me you only listen to singles.

Also Blood Honey? Really? That song is immensely forgettable
This Isn't The Place and Thr Background World alone are better than HUD.

No way in fucking hell Manson is better than NIN.
>Fight song rips off Song 2 by blur
>Most of their music after Portrait is generic hard rock like one user said.
I can't for the life of me remember the song but there was another song that he plagiarized, but Fight song is blatant enough anyway.

>Revelation 12
That sound is your description of complex? It's generic and unimpressive "rager". Anything off NTAE hits harder.

Really? This isn’t the place sounds like a discount version of Radiohead and The Background World is cheesy as hell to me

This Isn't The Place punches heavily with emotion, The Backround World is simply epic in my opinion, HUD feels extremely forgettable to me. It's like he was trying to go back to his old sound while trying to combine it with The Pale Emperor's one, mostly failing.

Rammstein is better than both

I was referring to that being better than Trent's 2000s output
Manson's 90s output is better and more complex than anything Trent has ever done.

Give me some Rammstein songs that are actually good

why does trent get all the cool things?

If you're referring to Hurt; covers don't count

OP please tell me you're not over the age of 20. I don't want to expend the energy in proving you wrong, but if you reply I just might. I've been listening to NIN and Manson for at least a decade now. Stop acting like the guitar work in Portrait is revolutionary. It's mediocre at best. There are some catchy hooks, that's about it. Manson is way too over indulgent when it comes to himself and his voice. It's just embarrassing sometimes. Trent is a real artist. Manson will be remembered for his image. You can maybe pass him off as a visual artist. The Downward Spiral will forever be remembered as a classic. There is not one Manson album that will have the same fate. The lyrics, on both sides really, are not some profound poetry, nothing to write home about. Read a fucking book

You don't think the triptych will be remembered fondly. Dude all those albums are solid, holy wood being my personal favourite.

>Trent is a real artist. Manson will be remembered for his image. You can maybe pass him off as a visual artist. The Downward Spiral will forever be remembered as a classic.
Meanwhile barely anyone knows what NIN is, at best they think it's some 2000s mallgoth band. Manson still has tons of fans and almost everyone knows his name he was a major icon of the 90s.

Im not sure, maybe for shock value. There are some legitimately great songs, but it seems like everything he goes for is just a watered down version of his influences. I think Bowie's Berlin trio will be remembered more, but I can't say. You hardly ever hear about Manson the musician, and more about Manson the shock rocker. There's just this element of cringe that comes with Manson, that's really hard to get over. Holy Wood is probably the best of those three and least cringe-y. Mechanical Animals definitely has some major cringe especially in the way he sings I Don't Like The Drugs for example. There are few songs that I believe are legitimate artistic statements, with no weird ego stuff attached. Like Crytorchid, that song is dark.

no one knows who Trent is, OKAY BUDDY HAHAHA

Manson played every dirty trick in the book to become famous, and hides under the guise that it's making a statement. A lot of people know who GG Allin is, and while i like his output i wonder if SHITTING ON THE STAGE had anything to do with it? like i dont know, WIPING THE AMERICAN FLAG WITH YOUR ASS, CLAIMING TO BE THE ANTICHRIST, RIPPING BIBLE PAGES, BREAST IMPLANTS, ETC. Face it, the dude's as fake as they get

Do you realize how much work Trent did on ACSS?

fuck off columbiner cuck

Anything from Mutter, Reise Reise, Rosenrot

stop fighting everyone. we're all friends now

Still wrong

this
don’t forgot all the other musicians trent brought in to help

>listening to """""""Industrial"""""""""""

who is that all the way on the right?

Nivek (Kevin) Ogre of Skinny Puppy

what is Skinny Puppy's best album? I can't believe I still have nothing by them after all these years.

What's better then, you cunt?

There's no particular order you need to listen to. Personally I like VIVISectVI. Rabies and Mind: The Perpetual Intercourse is great as well.

lol.

Too Dark Park & Last Rights are great albums
Rabies if you want something more casual

TRUTH, but don't you dare giving shit to Trent.

The rest of you can fuck off.

No, no comments on Jeordie.

>Manson is a better lyricist and arguably better vocalist

this meme needs to die. PHM was the only album with somewhat weak lyrics. TDS's edginess works in the context.

trent still knows how to use his voice. manson could never stay in key.

oh come on aren't you at least a bit mad about this whole thing?

NIN is generally held in higher regard these days i think

>manson could never stay in key.
lol Starfuckers Inc. was pretty much mocking that.

As a showman, Brian writes for everyone for the most part. Inclusive and trying to please everyone. Taking everyone on a journey is what he strives.

Trent writes for himself for the most part. You are looking into the state of mind he is in for better or worse. He doesn't expect you to like it, because he doesn't go into his projects striving to please others. He isn't afraid to veer off and try something new, even after something works. Especially if something works. Sometimes what he expresses does not always come off as perfectly worded because he's an extreme introvert in his natural state. finding the right words to release to millions of listeners is not an easy thing.

The demos for ACSS were way better than the finished product. Same with Portrait. Manson already had all the songs ready with Daisy Berkowitz and then Trent came in and fucked it all up.

Yeah if you can find anybody who knows what NIN is.

are you actually this autistic? you do realise that trent helped with those demos too, right? Trent was involved with antichrist from the very beginning. the difference you’re noticing is from Daisy being more involved with the demos.

The Portrait demos were completely their original material. The ACSS demos were also their original material. They were making the demos for those songs before Trent came along and before they started working with him for ACSS

Does anyone here read Long Hard Road Out of Hell? Cause I sense no one knows how much, or little sometimes, Trent Reznor worked in PoaAF, SLC and ACSS.

Also, I think very few people here understands how important is the record producer of a band/album to really define the "sound"

more people that have never listened to mm or nin know mansons name but thats hardly relevant

have you even read the book? Trent was involved from the beginning with acss. Trent was brought in because the band did not like the production on the Manson family album.

Alternative rock fashion at it's finest
Jane's Addiction wannabe's at that point