If Messi is considered the best of all time then how come Ronaldo is almost up there in terms of achievements and...

If Messi is considered the best of all time then how come Ronaldo is almost up there in terms of achievements and records ? Does it mean that Ronaldo would win more stuff than Pele fatnaldo, and Maradona if he was in the same Era(or vice versa )as them ?

>If Messi is considered the best of all time
He isn't

hes not

He's not even the best player in Rosario

Then who is ?

lol. Did you born in the 00s?

Neither of them are. At the end the considered best go beyond goals and statpadding, also magic goes into account. Maradona didnt won more individual or collective trophies than plenty of others but it is still considered GOAT. That's why CR doesnt matter, at the end MESSI will be remembered as the best of his era, cause not only he is tied with CR7 in achievements, both has way more magic and is the playmaker too.

considered GOAT by argentines and you mostly

Or Pele or whatever, not enough TV broadcast at that time to watch what Pele did, but three WC speak by themselves

Ronaldo is older and also a great player
choosing between Pele (who wasn't that good), Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo is just fantasy as the game has changed a lot from era to era

The point is magic and playmaking does account in judging who is the best in his era and that's where Messi edges CR7 as they have almost the same achievements individually and collectively.

Jesus christ fucking burgers with muh stats. Try watching the games. Messi is on another planet.

Try to define and quantify magic.

Because Ronaldo is still capable of doing things with the ball that no one else can do.

Well, first of all Messi has more CL, more personal records, more team records, the most goals scored in a year, the most golden shoes after this year, the most everything (and 3 years younger). With Ronaldo, Real Madrid has only been able to win 1 league out of 8, because Messi exists. Now this is just statistics, when you go beyond that and watch them play, Messi is an all-time legend who has exceptional vision, awareness, decision making, balance, technique, passing, scoring, and playmaking, whereas Ronaldo is great at scoring, but not on the same level in any other category, not only compared to Messi but even players on his own team.

Such as? Apart from his goalscoring he doesn't look any better than you're average top flight forward when it comes to dribbling, passing etc.

The only attributes that put him up there with the best of all time is his positioning and finishing

Planet Manlet

penaldo has nothing on messi, he can compete in nothing but scoring, and even in that he falls short

I hate this logic . I've heard many arguments that neymar is better because he is more skilled with the ball . Obviously Messi is better but people discredit penaldo because he is not a flashy guy . There are few people in the sport of football who can match penaldo in terms of being a top player for many years .

>flag
>post

Ronaldo has half as many leagues as Ronaldo

I never said anything about Ronaldo's quality as a player, that other user said he can do things with the ball that no one else can, which is false. His strengths are mental, i wouldn't put him in the GOAT tier based purely on footballing ability.

But he is though not like that penaldo guy...

he really is by many

A brazilian not liking The GOAT Messi.... Who would have thought.

if ronaldo admitted in public that he is an SJW lefty cuck, would Sup Forums finally stop shilling for him?

Soccer is an exceptionally difficult sport to evaluate players' effectiveness through statistics. Try measuring the full impact that prime Xavi had on Barca in terms of stats. You can try, but you cannot do it completely and accurately.
Messi and Ronaldo put up similar numbers but Ronaldo does it by poaching whereas Messi does it these days whilst simultaneously being his team's primary midfield engine in most games. You cannot compare the two; Messi simply contributes far, far more to his team in terms of things you cannot measure with statistics. The eye test is far more valuable in soccer than statistical analysis.
Giving team achievements anything more than a very small value in terms of evaluating individual athletes has always been and will always be fucking retarded. Baseball writers have eventually figured this out and no longer automatically give the Cy Young award to the pitcher with the most wins. Writers and viewers of other sports need to follow suit.

>Sup Forums
>Not full of lefty cucks

What timeline am I in here?

>An intelligent American post

Clearly I'm in the best timeline to be.

It goes beyond that. The Ronaldo v Messi question has transformed over the years into an almost political argument. It's all about what kind of person you are.

>It's all about what kind of person you are.
Sure: one capable of using the eye test to evaluate footballers or one incapable of doing so.
I mean, I get what you're trying to say, but anyone who says Ronaldo is more valuable for his team has a very poor ability to analyze their own soccer viewing observations.

>plays on a billion dollar team

Ronaldo is the best ever

Only 16 year old Redditors argue otherwise

> this group of people I don't like coincidentally shares the same opinion i dont like
Holy molly mate what a bloody coincidence

that's funny, everytime i see someone saying 'Ronaldo is the Best' or some shit like that I imagine a 16 year old muslim shitskin in his first GYM babby muscles with that jersey shore hair cut and tan in his skin behind the keyboard.

>if you disagree with me you are reddit

>tf
>tp
Ahmed pls.
What is it with Muslims and Real Madrid???

that's funny, because every Messi fanboy i see is 16 year old muslim shitskin in his first GYM babby muscles with that jersey shore hair cut and tan in his skin behind the keyboard.

no surprise to see another shitskin spic banfwaggon messi. don't you have players from your own country to support? why do you worship someone from a rival nation? pathetic begaviour

unfunny but correct

TSU supports Palestine and that's it.

no surprise to see another shitskin spic banfwaggon CR. don't you have players from your own country to support? why do you worship someone from a rival nation? pathetic begaviour

>If Messi is considered the best of all time then how come Ronaldo is almost up there in terms of achievements and records ?

If Jordan is considered the best of all time then how does Bill Russell have more trophies?

I don't think you can really name a GOAT, the game changes too much so you can only say who is the best of their generation, or maybe their decade.

Messi is clearly the best player of his generation, Maradona the best player of his, etc.

+ Benzema starting even when he is shit + Zidane + cross removal from shield.

I haven't seen too many Ronaldo/Messi fanboys since leaving Miami, but in my experience Ronaldo fans and Madrid fans in general tend to be rich Colombian/Venezuelan metrosexuals. Messi fans tend to dress more normally, and they tend to be Mexicans/Argentines. Never met a Muslim so idk who they support.

50 years from now people will watch them play due to their entire careers beeing recorded and wonder how the fuck someone thought Ronaldo was better than Messi. One plays 40 meters from the goal, the other 10 meters, and they still score the same amount. Ronaldo is a amazing goal scorer but he's also a huge celebrity and can't create he's own goals alone. The most amazing Ronaldo play wouldn't even figure on Messi's top 30.

He's a huge player and propaganda is everything. 1+1=2.

>messi is on another planet, where he has been getting upstaged annually be a player 2 years (whos in his thirties) his senior who's played on much more inferior teams

yeah, if people watch 2015+ ronaldo w/ real madrid and 2009- messi with barcelona. You bring in tape of man u ronaldo, portugal ronaldo, and argentina messi. It is clear as fuckign day who the better player is

i mean if you want to judge on youtube highlight compilations, maybe. But history will remember Ronaldo as the GOAT

Those penalties won't score themselves.

>portugal ronaldo
>first trophy they won is when he wasn't playing

Do you even think about what your posts before you post them?

>when he wasn't playing
Do you even think about what your posts before you post them?

Great players push their teams to the brink, just look at Messi with Argentina, who without him couldn't beat Bolivia, Paraguay, and a Venezuela team that is training in a country that can barely afford bread.

Also look at Lebron, who took a team who had the likes of Moses Malone to nba finals, and when he left they were the worst team in the eastern conference.

But then what, you look at Ronaldo and his team wins the Euro without him. That's not a good sign for a player who is supposed to be good. When your team has the best performance in its international history without you. When a team like Real Madrid doesn't win anything with you for nearly 5 years until a welsh man comes around, and then you don't even get most valuable player awards in not just 1 tournament title but both of them.That's not what you want from a guy who is supposed to be "the man" And now what? he's not even called his own leagues best winger/forward, and when he wins best player of Europe he is not even crowned best player of La Liga.
It really begs the question what his individual awards really mean. (nothing)

>has the best performance in its history without you

he played the euro, lead portugal in goals in assists, so how did they have their best performance without him?

Or are you talking about the final, which he played, and got injured, and calling that "portugals greatest performance ever"?

>Great players push their teams to the brink, just look at Messi with Argentina, who without him couldn't beat Bolivia, Paraguay, and a Venezuela team that is training in a country that can barely afford bread.

"pushing" his team to the brink of losing 4 finals and earning 0 international trophies. kek

>he's not even called his own leagues best winger/forward
except he is

>he wins best player of Europe he is not even crowned best player of La Liga.
Their not mutally inclusive. its called the champions league, which is invaluably more important.

Great players push their teams to the brink, especially when your battling for the league title and the CL title for the second year in a row. Just look at Ronaldo, last 8 games, all descisive games in la liga and CL, he scores 13 goals, including 5 goals and a hattrick against Bayern Munich and Atletico madrid, to get them to the finals.

>you look at Ronaldo and his team wins the Euro without him.
You look at messi, and every final he's played in they lost with him lmfao

Great players don't retire when the get tired of losing. That's how pathetic messi is and how much of a system babby he is, literally quits on the team when he gets tired of losing

*curses at the air*

portugal played considerably worse in the final. it was a miracle they won

>Never met a Muslim so idk who they support
Ronaldo, who is more in phase with their power fantasy than the autistic manlet, and they like Real more than Barca anyway.

>I didn't watch the final the post.
Portugal barely got forward in the final and their defense was being ripped apart by Moussa Sissoko. Gignac was a pubic hair from scoring to win it in extra time. Portugal only stayed alive in that game because Rui Patricio put on a BallonD'or level performance.

This plus the stars aligned for Eder.

imagine being eder
>score from 20 yards to win your national team a trophy, their first ever
>ronaldo, who isn't even playing, has that big an ego/that big a name everyone remembers him 'winning' it and not you

Eder is the one with eternal meme status in Portugal. Don't know about other countries.

>portugal vs france
>good yet alone best performance

rofl, the average messi fangirl

now git butthurt at my flag bitch ass nigga

Comparing players from different eras is a bad idea in any sport. Don't do that.

This
>Handles the ball
>Gets called against France
>Guerrero's free kick hits the crossbar, but Lloris cross-bodies the post and is visibly hurt
>Eder shoots from distance
>Lloris doesn't react as quickly because he's still hurting
>GOAL
>I spend the rest of the day mining salt from spee
Daily reminder that Portugal has over taken straya as the best flag on Sup Forums