Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I can do this
>I can do this

>$340.6 million box office
No one gives a shit about Star Trek

Look on the bright side.
Maybe Paramount will scale Trek back to mid budget stuff and we can get less dumbed down for the LCD scripts.

It was pretty ironic that the first decent Trek movie in decades killed it.

Audiences are so fucking awful.

Now you know how I feel about the Amazing Spiderman 2 which I really liked and we will never see ASM3

>Star Trek Beyond
>TMNT 2
>Ben Hur

How could one studio fuck up so much in one year
Their biggest and only hit was 10 Cloverfield Lane

>Amazing Spiderman 2
It was definitely a mixed bag.
It had some damn good stuff, but it had some garbage too.

was it actually good?

the second was so bad I didn't bother with it

I just hate when people call it all terrible because it wasnt.

>only hit was 10 Cloverfield Lane

which i don't understand considering what a tremendous piece of shit it was

Beyond was shit, everything after landing on the planet was so fucking awful.

ASM2 was better than ASM1 and SM3 but that was it.

Star Trek belongs back on TV where it can be itself instead of the god-awful mess they've made of it for the braindead movie audience who still doesn't give a shit about it anyway.

It was pretty bad.

>black and blue has no motivation or believable elements to him
>no blood for gobbie
>black and blue wants to be gobbie's friend
Garfield and Stone were pretty good though.

>Villain from another time wants revenge on the Federation for a stupid reason
>Enterprise gets rekt in 5 seconds by the bad guy
>The crew learns its strength is working together like a family

HOW DO THEY COME WITH THESE ORIGINAL PLOTS?

>opinion
>jj killed everything in the first movie

It actually felt like an extended episode of TOS, it was great

I'd say into darkness killed the franchise. I've seen every trek movie in the theater since V, and after that shit show I kind of stopped giving a shit about it.

to be honest family, it was great until the final fight with the alien army

>I can't stand it

Its like the other two movies but the characters are in character, have really nice little moments together, action is actually tense and exciting in an adventurous way, and the designs for everything were nice to look at. Best way I can put it is the enterprise blows up in this one and Into Darkness but the way its done here compared to there goes to show how much of a better movie it is. Great fun and characters to make the audience care a bit.

Biggest thing I noticed is everyone was acting mature instead of young and stupid. The villains were alright at first but they turn to shit in the last act and kinda ruin it for me.

Any chance the next installment can be completely free of Abrams cancer?

Trek is finished.

What was the point of this movie? I saw it, and when it finished I felt like nothing happened. Nothing was accomplished, nothing was changed. Nothing. y tho

Business idea: sell the Star Trek franchise to Netflix.

That's literally every episode of TOS

desu I thought the first Stark Trek film (2009) was the best.

will there really be no more movies after Beyond?

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

not only is it factually the worst of the 3 nu trek movies, but even critics and audiences agree it's the worst on average. It has way lower scores than even Into Darkness on IMDb or RT

Gotta agree. Into Darkness being absolute shit + Beyond's bad trailer = Beyond having a rough start.

They already announced a fourth that's going to bring Chris Hemsworth back so I'm sure there will be more, just with a heavily reduced budget

Seriously, why are they so inept? They might even be worse than Sony when it comes to both creative decisions and box office earnings.

This is a joke right? This is too perfect not to be.

That was fucking terrible movie

you are a joke if you think 3 is good.
script was just as awful as Into Darkness, and Justin Lin is way worse of a director than JJ

>I know you planned it

Star Trek Into Darkness killed this movie. The masses had no desire to go watch another Star Trek movie after being tricked by JJ.

Trek will never completely die. Star Trek fandom is the original autism of the internet and is still going strong to this day HOWEVER, the most recent movie and the upcoming series Star Trek Discovery which is another prequel being aired behind a CBS only copycat of Netflix paywall that nobody has or wants, costing 9 million dollars per episode and being written by the hack who wrote the 1998 Lost in Space movie, Official Star Trek outside of Star Trek online will probably be buried for a long time. But that's okay because those same fans mentioned earlier just keep churning out home made material of ever increasing quality.

"the masses" didn't care because "the masses" don't give a shit about star trek anyway, which is why they rebooted the films into action adventures. Into Darkness scored huge with critics and audiences and made even more than the first one worldwide. your retarded perspective is not the reality of the situation

i dont know why people say this movie is the best one

I thought the first one was better and the second one tried at least to have tense scenes

this one felt both cheap and unnecessary, I didn't fear the villain or his stupid plot or even better sympathize with him for one fucking second, and the premise they could have done something with (everyone stranded on a wilderness planet and they have to survive great hardship) is resolved in like two scenes per group of stranded people before they meet up in the ship again and defeat the big bad

stupid as fuck

If TMP, Star Trek V, and Nemesis couldn't kill Star Trek this movie sure as shit won't.

>doesn't like TMP
you're not a true Star Trek fan. Say what you will about it having a meandering pace but TMP is the most like an episode of Star Trek from ALL the movies.

You're proving my point, idiot. The subsequent film's success is based off of the word-of-mouth of its predecessor.

"Star Trek was good. I like Cumberbatch. I'll see Into Darkness."

"Into Darkness was shit. I'm not going to get tricked again."

>Liking Benadryl Custardbath
There's your first problem. He's a competent enough actor but he makes poor choices so things he's in like the Hobbit or into Darkness are more likely to be shit.

I don't care about him. Audiences do, which is why they casted him.

I CAN DO ZAT
I CAN DO ZAT
MOVEMOVEMOVEMOVE

>Audiences are so fucking awful.

Producers and whoever cut the first trailer are really to blame. They didn't know how to market it because it wasn't a reboot or a remake like the first two.

I know that initial trailer made me swear I wasn't going to watch it. It wasn't until positive word of mouth spread that I changed my mind and was pleasantly surprised.

Both TASM movies are objectively terrible. You are either mentally stunted or underage if you would argue otherwise.

nobody got tricked you fucking retard, because THE MASSES are not star trek fans who've seen wrath of khan. kill yourself you godamn mongoloid

No, just some autist who's been spamming his shitty video since the movie came out. Don't forget to report him for advertising!

I honestly have to say that you found Star Trek Beyond entertaining then I believe truly and wholly that you are an actual spastic. I cannot fathom having a mind that simple and easy to please, in a way I am jealous of you. Seriously though if we met in public and had a conversation I would know within minutes that you are not someone I would want involved in my life in anything other than transactional encounter. It is a poor film appreciated by poor minds and that is the last I have to say on the matter.

if I'm still here "spamming" it, clearly your genius tactics of being a butthurt faggot are just as much of a failure as Star Trek Beyond

Agree star trek looks better when it looks worse. Why can't they just turn out endless b grade content? no one cares about how good the explosion looked

this

This what the fuck.

I enjoyed beyond immensely except for the fucking sulu gay pandering crap.

Most fun ive had watching trek since First Contact and Borg TNG episodes

TMP is a fine movie, but it was a giant miscalculation to make a 2001-esque film after Star Wars and cost Paramount a shitload of money, wrath of Khan only barely got made as a result.

I don't think it's a comment on Beyond's quality, so much as it is on Into Darkness

people went to see Into Darkness, and it was shit.

I'm kind of glad he's dead, I hated his Chekov

Ben Hur is outright garbage though.

It was. Kill yourself

>TASM 2

I blame the marketing. Shit looked generic

>You're my new chief. Go put on a red shirt.

>AYE CAPTAIN

> Captain's bait, Stardate 420911.69

it made twice of what it costed, and it's the best movie in the series

UNJUST!

It could have been good if the climax was not a cringey as fuck beastie boys boombox blasting.