HELP, Can you guys tell me what insect is eating my wood?

HELP, Can you guys tell me what insect is eating my wood?

It is a small piece of furniture but can't see or find any bug. (hear it late at night but thats it)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powderpost_beetle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My guess is a boring beetle larvae of some type

Not termites

You got carpenter bee's m8

Probs a mouse, you'll be surprised what type of shit it eats. They are probably using it to gnaw there teeth down.

Your wood is completely dry with no water damage?

Yes it's dry.

Where you see the hole the wood on the surface is loose/soft (can remove the wood by scratching a little bit) like if it was poured acid or something.

mouse did the same to me. so yeah mouse.

Powderpost Beetle en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powderpost_beetle

No mouse, there are new small holes. Like, some larva could fit in it.

Carpenter bee maybe

The hole is too big for a typical opening for a powderpost beetle, and there is not enough holes for either termites or carpenter ants.

Is this the first you've seen of the damage, or is it getting worse over time?

It gets worse. Every morning new holes in different places, some are just a small holes, some start to look like

its a mouse bro.

You won't like hearing this, but I'm going with mouse, too. I was trying to find a way to make the scenario a powderpost beetle, but it just doesn't fit well.

Poster here. There is one way to find out. A mouse would be external, whereas an insect will be internal to the wood. So....the next time you think you hear something either use a stethoscope (or your ear pushed against the wood). If you hear nothing, it's a mouse. If the noise continues with you right there, it's an insect.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I inserted a wire in the holes and in my OP pic, there are like caves and shit.

Looks too large for powder post beetle.....but it's likely still a wood boring beetle. Post more pics of the entry/exit holes with a coin for size reference. Also where are you located?

Argentina

refer to

Carpenter bees make lines like that.

inb4 cave dwelling euros come in to screech about how your house should be made of solid stone