The death penalty should not be allowed in any country ! It is immoral

The death penalty should not be allowed in any country ! It is immoral.

it's ok, only retarded third world countries allow it

Yeah, just let those people live on our tax dollars in prison for life instead.

THAT'S moral.

Cool, so no more abortions either right?

It's immoral to kill someone government sanctioned or not .

the idea of the law is to enforce and protect, not rule through fear or set precedent for what order in society actually is.

a truly civilized society would rehabilitate or at the very least remove criminals from their legal system, not just kill them like barbarians to appease those wronged or to make an example of them.

Good argument.

>the idea of the law is to enforce and protect

The breaking of different laws has different penalties. Hence: Death penalty.

When you commit a crime bad enough to warrant the death penalty you should be killed. When a person breaks the law they need to be punished, not be allowed to live so well off the backs of those you chose to wrong.

And the death penalty gives the government too much control.

Saudi Arabia and China would agree.

>or not
oh honey, you must live somewhere nice

in biblical times. we are in a refined era of human progress and all we have left to do is ascend.

people in darker times were too stupid, too selfish, and too afraid of surviving until the next dawn to not understand compassion or even want it. now that we can remove more and more troubles from our sphere of influence as a species and can exist in an increasingly peaceful climate, killing people to uphold stilted laws is no longer necessary if it hardly even was.

Fuck having them on death row just shoot them in the head upon sentencing

Personally I think locking someone up for the rest of their life is more immoral than the penalty. I'd much rather die than spend the rest of my life in a small cell.

Just as well that you're not in charge of the world then isn't it?
You just live in the world which has death penalties and there's nothing you can do to change the world to your whims.......except suicide.

And besides if you don't go around committing heinous crimes then you have nothing to worry about do you?

Oh shit, biblical times? Those never existed tho.

the number of state-sponsored executions to the number of death penalty convictions is entirely disproportionate. most death penalties happen in third-world countries without a true measure of law due to lacking any moral, ethical, or philosophical structure or in dictatorships in which death is used to subvert all nonbelievers and unpersons.

you sound like one of those abhorrent countrymen if that is how necessary you believe such a punishment to be. killing someone does not undo a crime or unkill anyone else.

Are you my brother? Go to bed Ken!

But keeping them in jail for decades does?

i'll go out on a limb and say that you see crime as unforgivable in some basic way, or that death is something to be used against people.

explain yourself in that reasoning first before i entertain your question, because i have countered your claim twice thus far.

Who determines what's a crime and what's heinous? I think your maturation habits are heinous.

Counterpoint: The death penalty should be used in all countries and to a much swifter and greater effect. Removing criminal from society is a positive.

You don't remove crime by killing transgressors, you mongoloid. You stop it by preventing crimes from even occurring.

I see the really bad crimes as unforgivable, like mass murder and the like. Theft and assault I guess are forgivable. But having the person kill people, rip families apart, then go to jail for a long time and come out to continue living his life? That's garbage.
Sure, their life is harder because of their actions, but to me, giving them the possibility of living a semi-normal life is wrong. I don't believe in the eye-for-an-eye justice, but there needs to be a maximum punishment for people instead of multiple life sentences.

nah thats bullshit you just dont know shit there are people out there who genuinely deserve the death penalty

Ya if we thought we were going to get killed over every mistake we'd just blast high calibers every time we got pulled over.

The criminal justice system in the country the crimes committed and judges or equivalent.
And yes I'm heinously mature as all Sup Forumstards are

very well, that is understandable. but my point stands and the question remains, what exactly is killing them in turn supposed to accomplish?

absolutely that individual is gone, but there will always be more like them, and those lost to their evils will also never return. the strength that they would have to kill someone is not yours to use, even if you kill them as repayment for the deed.

Someone please kill OP, in public.

True, there will be more like them. We can't stop that. However, I don't see the death penalty as a deterant, but as something to do with someone who will be in prison, no doubt they did it, no chance of parol, no future.

It should be used in those cases because there's no reason taxpayers like you and I to pay for their existence. America has a massive prison population problem, many of them with these life sentences without parol.

A deturrent to others
More cost effective than housing, guarding, feeding and supplying medical care for the duration of their sentence
100% guarantee they wont reoffend
Ensures they cannot insight other criminals to commit similar offences when theyre released.
Protects civilians
Frees up law enforcememt to persue other offenders
Feeds worms which makes trees greener and air fresher

You might change your mind if you were locked up for a crime you did not commit and had the chance to someday be found innocent.

Tell criminals to stop killing people and we will stop executing them. Seems easy enough right. Problem solved

i attribute that more to corruption and inconsistency than to the crimes committed or even the number of criminals, so there is more than just the death penalty to grapple with.

i view things as cyclical, and something like a death sentence as leaving the cycle of life for humankind, as we are prospering more now than we ever have before. if our history were to plummet again, perhaps it would be acceptable to me to kill off evildoers.

but that you mention the actual problem of prisoners and the accused, maybe the focus should be on reducing lesser crimes and absolving those kinds of people first before moving on to more sinister issues.

If you kill someone by putting their life on a ticking clock and not allowing them a chance to pray for forgiveness or even try to make an impact before then, what's the point of justice?

Fuck, there are hundreds of examples in the West alone of wrongful executions. Not one of those cases could've done with giving them a single chance or a longer "lifespan"?

>The death penalty should not be allowed in any country ! It is immoral.

More people are killed every year in car accidents. Cars are immoral they should be banned

Who decides what's immoral? I think your views on the death penalty are immoral.

yet more proof that retards really will argue with even the laziest of trolls

Should all killers be executed?

Hmm, well, maybe. I guess having the real bad people stay in prison while we figure out what to do with the petty criminals isn't too bad of an idea. Maybe we should do what Norway does. Maybe not for everyone, but for small offenses it makes sense.

Cars don't kill people, shitty drivers kill people.

yer a fucking cunt, right?

So you are saying that a person running down the street into a crowd can do as much damage as a car?

The death penalty is quite alright so long as its a 3 strike system. Weighed in on the severity of the crime, and always carried out as a public stoning as stones are reusable and cheap, versus bullets and lethal injections. Most of all, cells are useless as it should be after the how the swedish rehabilitate the prisoners instead of keeping them caged up and resentful. Solutons are to resolve the efforts of why a person has to reject or rebel against society and its standards of civil conduct.

The driver still needs a car in order to kill someone with said car therefore if the car was banned no one could have a car accident

The Bible and Koran condone revenge killings.

Just helping a fellow Sup Forumsro use his brain more than he might normally do.

>following the teachings of nomadic goat herders

mfw

Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life. When Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!

Yes, we need to quickly reduce the population. Kill and be killed then be killed seems fair

sounds good to me, no one would be killing anyone out of fear of dying themselves.

But if this charge is true (that she wasn’t a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father’s house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

We not going to have many women left in the world. Maybe you should refrain from using the Bible as justification for anything

>the idea of the law is to enforce and protect
ha

All legal matters should be settled with trial by combat

yes
to circumvent this obvious ploy: drop niggers on remote mountaintops without any food or water
if they survive, repeat, if not, you didn't kill them, they just died.

bring back the Colosseum

Agreed

The only real guarantees in life are death, taxes, and OP is a faggot. These are the facts.

in my opinion, life in prison is worse. for many prisoners, the idea of getting out keeps them going. at least when you die, you don't have to deal with anything anymore. but also, even death row drives people insane. there's a lot wrong with the way many countries do things.