/rym/

remember to both exercise everyday and thank god that you live in america (if you do)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Clavietika
rateyourmusic.com/list/Herbieguy/herbie-hancock-best-to-worst/
rateyourmusic.com/~78787878
youtube.com/watch?v=HcVdQXwjQcw
youtube.com/user/reichardtaj/search?query=wall of sound
youtube.com/watch?v=iB7E1D_3Na4
youtube.com/watch?v=mu74ZWgG-pU
youtube.com/watch?v=lQSn26zCXYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=CX2IH1tkL68
youtube.com/watch?v=6MzXjSC3d-8
rateyourmusic.com/~Bishopboy1999
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Americans, you DO realise how fucking shit your country and culture is right? How does it feel to know that BLACKS have contributed more to your country's musical language than WHITES ever have! LOL!

for the longest time i thought john cale and john cage were the same person (blame wonky metadeta of ‘paris 1919’ in my itunes + them both working w/ prepared piano) until i said something profoundly dense in a music theory course- “i may not like him as much as his peers, but i admire his versatility. composing pieces complex as I Ching while forming a band as influential as the Velvet Underground.” the professor gave me a perplexed once over, cocked his head & said “…i think… i think you may be mistaken.” god, i wanted to die.

t. riceshoes

both revolutioned music though (fuck lou reed fags lol)

i'm glad of live in america... wait... i don't! this whole continent is a complete garbage

and god doesn't exist, lol

good night, ladies and gentleman

rateyourmusic.com/~Clavietika

what it do pham

You're a piece of sand trapped inside an hourglass. Be friends with the other grains before they pass on to the other side.

I finally did it.
rateyourmusic.com/list/Herbieguy/herbie-hancock-best-to-worst/
Thoughts?

>and god doesn't exist
why can't he exist in a metaphorical sense?

Okay buddy, i'm all ears, explain your theory of the metaphorical god and i will see if it's good enough, good luck!

and why it has to be he and not she?

i want to be the hourglass

rateyourmusic.com/~78787878

I unironically despise atheists.

why

>Music with Walls of Sound! I love Walls of Sound so much!
in the spectorian sense with specific rules to the production or do you just like a lot of shit going on?
either way,

>in the spectorian sense
youtube.com/watch?v=HcVdQXwjQcw
youtube.com/user/reichardtaj/search?query=wall of sound
youtube.com/watch?v=iB7E1D_3Na4
>lot of shit going on
youtube.com/watch?v=mu74ZWgG-pU
youtube.com/watch?v=lQSn26zCXYQ

in both ways i think
but the spectorian sense is my favorite

thanks!!

I Feel Like Raf

welcome !
springsteen was heavily influenced by phil spector in general but he only utilized his actual signature sound on his "born to run" album

youtube.com/watch?v=CX2IH1tkL68
youtube.com/watch?v=6MzXjSC3d-8
these two songs also feature spector's sound; produced by the same guy too, mr. johnny franz

despite how wildly influential spector's sound is, it's surprisingly not as commonly utilized in the 60s/70s as i thought it would be, probably due to how expensive it must have been to replicate it.

more insulting towards them then me nice i like it

rateyourmusic.com/~Bishopboy1999

i genuinely don't know whether i should be astonished at the lack of self-awareness or laughing because of the 'shitlist wall' in the bio
jesus man, the people that spend lots of time on this site are near delusional

once it goes from catalog and music to social media it is a life destroying thing

That's deep, what am I doing with my life

fuck off nu-man

im moar of a femboy then ull ever be

>caring
youre the problem as well

Just a particularly severe case of autism, nothing more

Cringe

>tfw L "Y" J was originally a neo-rym meme, but now it's old enough that it's a classic meme and it's the new neo-rym users that don't understand the meme at all

Lads...

what did he mean by this

Isn't this that game everyone is talking about?

He's in love with lad.
Ignorant of an essential component of the human condition, that being spirituality.

I wish I was as perfect as you user.

I'm gonna be perfect from now on

amongst the huge rubble of emotionally exhausting memories associated with this album, i think one of the saddest for me is remembering how people like ricardo and delan - some of the only two non-white folks i befriended around here - ended up being either weirdly conservative and patriarchal or just disappeared entirely. in fact, almost all the POC RYM/online friends i have tend to be absent or semi-absent in one way or another, and that lack of 'involvement' or 'inclusion' feels so native to me and is seemingly common in the behavior of my other non-white friends as well (probably making a huge generalization here).

this album shuttles me back to a time when i was pretty close to ricardo and felt a burgeoning friendship with delan and also, more negatively, sort of reminds me how even a stupid music rating site, like so many other things, ultimately compelled me to let white friends dictate my musical/cultural interests without a second thought, and not recognizing that has been very harmful and instrumental in keeping me from developing a more organic sense of my own tastes. that's not even an indictment against people i'm close to and care about, it's just the nature of internalizing white supremacy to some fucked up degree. it's also sometimes a huge reminder of my very hetero, 2008-2009 monogamous drive to have some kIDS and settle down in a nice house and how empty that turned out to be for me. but it's also a beautiful album still in its own right and recalls the seismic shift in my life from Christianity and San Diego to becoming more mindful of my political concerns and also marked my move to the Bay Area. So even though I was still transitioning through a lot of things at that point (and reading Sartre essays insistently holy christ), I have a lot of good things to say about this as well and can retrospectively detach some of those more negative feelings from the really positive ones. 4 1/2 stars!

lol what is this a review for

Say "me" if you treat your RYM account like an epic RPG game and these boards are the fanmade mods

ME!!!!

me
someone answer the question

it's always sad when it's you starting a rym thread, sal.

L "Y" J was never a meme

he is just the default pronoun, its not because women are weak or anything. god is genderless and sexless. god is just energy

read a book

>he is just the default pronoun

it used to be

>bluemilk
>heavycoffee
>bluecoffee

>Fruitplate
>Bitchfork
>fruitfork

good
bad
good
bad
good
good
bad
cringe

Jesus saves.
Thanks for inspiring me, user.

meme frog :)

will antigona ever recover?

hi Sean!

>got IP banned for spamming their site with requests even though I did no such thing
>sent a message to mods, but after 16 hours still no response
i'm getting worried guys, I can't find new music anymore nor tag it properly