Quentin Tarantino confirms he's retiring after 2 more films

>Hopefully, the way I define success when I finish my career is that I’m considered one of the greatest filmmakers that ever lived. And going further, a great artist, not just filmmaker.
A bit egotistical as well as a bold career goal. Hopefully he can finish strong. Django and Eight, while good, were pretty middle-of-the-road for Tarantino.

yahoo.com/movies/quentin-tarantino-confirms-retirement-rumors-2-more-films-and-out-220938336.html

Good. The guy's movies are shit now.

>A bit egotistical
He's autistic and probably doesn't realize how it comes off when he says stuff like that.
>Django and Eight, while good, were pretty middle-of-the-road for Tarantino.
All his movies are shit.

DUH-VEED MAZOUZ

He's pretty overrated to me. I thought Kill Bill was decent (not great) and everything since then has been downhill

ultimate normie-swoonage-tier filmmmaker. i don't know why people worship shit like reservoir dogs

probably mentally scarred from hearing his mom getting railed by thugs on a weekly basis

Jackie Brown was his only good movie.

I love him. He's so perfect.

I don't even know why he still working after his magnum opus came 4 years ago

He needs to move on to a different genre. I was tired of the western shit halfway through django

>1997 was 4 years ago

>tfw

good, he's awful

He's cute I'll give you that.

You're an autist aren't you? There's in nothing egotistical about his quote. He's saying (let me break it down for your autistic ass) that he would like to finish as one of the greatest filmmakers that ever lived. He's saying that he will TRY to make his last two films the best ones ever. He's saying the way he defines success is by being the greatest filmmaker ever, and that HOPEFULLY he can adhere to that definition. NOT that he IS the greatest filmmaker ever.

Holy shit you retards seriously have problems reading.

Inglorious Basterds was his best.

Yes, I am reddit.

He hasn't been the same artistically since the 90's ended.

His style was perfect for telling stories from that period, unfortunately that time is long gone.

I wonder if he will ever do another 'present day' movie.

His westerns are average at best, he did a cool ww2 movie, but I want to see him try and tell a story about someone in today's world, I'm curious if he could pull it off, or if he's going to have to keep doing period movies because he can't adapt.

>It's a black male thing

How did he get away with it?

Yes, yes you are.

that's still an incredibly egotistical thing to say you retard. you seem very autistic yourself, calm your ass down

I really wanted to like 8 but I didn't. It was like torture waiting for that movie to be over so I could walk out of there while trying to convince myself that I was having a good time.

yeah, reaching for "greatest filmmaker ever" is not egotistical... sure bro. If he wasn't a retard he wouldn't care about recognition, he'd care about what he has to say, about his artistic vision.
It's a childish thing to say, it's not like in sports where everyone wants to be messi and federer, the number 1. Its art. Dumbfuck

in case i didnt make myself clear i think tarantino fucking sucks. Pulp Fiction is fine. Jackie brown was worth watching, once. That's it.

Kurt carried the movie. any scene without Kurt was painful to watch

about time

Hateful Eight was his best movie since Pulp Fiction, and he won't just be retiring he explained that he'll try his hand at writing different things like novels and plays.

And how does he plan on cementing his legacy? More weirdly racist revenge fantasies with gratuitous shots of women's feet?

>there are actually people who think Tarantino is a top 10 director of all time
He's always been a shit director and normies are fucking retarded

t. Plebs unable to accept patrician cinema.

Avoid their fate and become a patrician today.

It won't happen. Most directors continue into old age, as if he plans to retire at 10. Ya like that's going to last. He's got a massive fucking ego.

>implying they weren't always shit
I hate how he always has to throw in a character that is built up to be some sort of badass then gets killed like right away. he does virtually EVERY TIME and in his drug addled brain he thinks "sniff.. this is like sniff going to sniff blow their mind and speaking of blow snooooooort" That British Soldier who spoke German but ordered drinks with the wrong fingers in Inglorious Basterds, That Woman gunfighter in Django, Tom Savini in Dusk til Dawn etc. What a hack.

>Adam Sandler
>Capeshit
>Anime
weak bait.