User, how do you deal with failure? General thread about failing and how you bounced back

user, how do you deal with failure? General thread about failing and how you bounced back.

bump. I need this.

I'm a bit of a self righteous cunt with high self opinion I've been told and I tend to shrug it off and say someone else was to blame for it.
If I've really fucked up, like relationship breakdown with a chick I fucking adored, I can't handle it and go in a slump for a couple years. But then I'm a bit immature emotionally.

t. entj mbti master race

Do you have something to share OP? A specific thing happened which is weighing you down? Share bro, share.

>20yo Male
>planning on finally going back to school
>get rejected from dream school
>parents are gonna be pissed
>everyone was expecting me to get this
>I know its not the end of the world but I cant help but feel shitt

No you got a case there. That's reason enough to be pissed. You've had your life mapped out and it's been taken from you.

You just gotta look at it like a blessing in disguise. That it might not have ultimately been the best thing for you. I'm not saying you're gonna develop an app that makes you $25 million. But it might mean you study somewhere different and meet an awesome chick you never would have known if you got your first option.

There's positives to bad stuff mate. Try see the big picture. Getting angry and upset is fine though, just don't still be like that in 6 months time.

My brother got cancer, I got fired, I fell out of church, I stopped going to the gym and I broke up with my girlfriend because of the church.

I had a solid 2 years of soul searching, what a lot of people associate with the inability to do stuff is depression but they're wrong.

> It's being frozen by stress and fear.

When you don't want to go outside, or feel like you're gonna fail, it's this stress and fear of failure that keeps you from being the best version of yourself.

Luckily for my bounce back story, I had leaned into music and found myself in photography and creating music, and while I don't follow that as work, it was a hobby that grounded me and I had a real outlet of passion and creation.

I'm more of a respectful person because of church but I do no follow nor am a practicing Christian. I'm someone who would rather not bring up religion if necessary. I'm glad for the experience but the people ruined it for me.

I ended up being lucky enough to get back with my previous partner, we have both grown tremendously and are both communicating and prosperous and happy. But we are also tolerant of each other's faults and understand that our faults define our characters and are at peace with that.

I'm currently looking for work again, but coming back from this "depression" and anxiety, I can tell you the best tools to combat it are:

>routine
>structure
>goals

Be prepared for a grind, and be content with what you have. Making peace with my failures and myself was the best thing I've ever done. I'm just lucky I was able to be with the woman I love and don't deserve and to have found myself from all the pain.

Thanks user. I feel better. Normies always treat Sup Forums like its some big pit of neckbeards calling each other niggers but every time I made a feel bad thread like this I always feel better. You're a good dude.

you sound like me but better mentally.

how does one go about achieving self-dicipline? it sounds fucking srypid and pathetic but its something i struggle with being broken mentally and all.

is it really as simple as setting small goals and gradually stepping up?

how could you go back with her after she left you to live the worst 2 years of your life? i don't get it

I probably make it sound simple, but remember, I had TWO years of soul searching.

I was in a limbo of despair, frozen by fear and guilt. I fed myself into a contradicting spiral where I wouldn't do anything, and feel bad for nothing doing stuff, making it worse ect.

It's not easy, it really isn't. But it gets easier.

Like lifting weights or learning a new thing,

You start small, you go for a walk outside, you get yourself doing things.

Pick up a hobby, cycle through a lot of things.

Trying to be more resilient is something I'm working on now, I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve.

But you have it in yourself to make yourself feel better, because at the end of the day, it all starts and ends with you. And you can do anything.

(Hindsight is a hell of a thing, and it's always easier talking in retrospect. I am always greatful for my upbringing and going into a church for a few years because I gave me a really good strength to rationilze and put my actions and thoughts into words.)

But yeah best of luck, we're only human. Don't get too hard on yourself. :)

I left her. I didn't go crawling back we just bumped back together naturally.

If it's anything I broke up with her and flipped her life upside down aswell. Hence I'm incredibly lucky.

Here's a little photoshop/photography project I worked on with my partner, two different locations, trying to make haunting imagery.

"Hung up."

Right back at you bro.

Also:
>checked

ACCEPT IT. LEARN FROM IT. MOVE FORWARD. NEVER GIVE UP.

Bumping for OP (and me) in case anyone else has some words of wisdom.

Bumping for interest
If OP's still here, what's your Myers-Briggs personality type?

good guy user

There is no bounce back. Real failure will stick with you forever. The only way to come back is to do whatever you do despite the failure.