Need advice Sup Forums

Need advice Sup Forums.
>Born in northern state, taxes are stupidly high as are all property/houses
>Got a good $50k/year job, they offer a move to a southern state, all moving expenses paid for and I keep my salary.
>GTFO out and move South
>Nice house, new car, good savings, small investment into gold/silver and good amount of cash savings
>Everything will be paid and owned by 29 years old if not sooner. (23 now with no kids or major bills)
>Dad was pissed when I left, thought it a traitorous thing to do to leave the state I was born and raised in
>About 6 months into living down south, he starts asking for some money, like $2,500+ at a time
>Ask mom, they've been struggling to make mortgage + their new tax rate because Dad insisted they needed a finished basement, real marble counter tops in the kitchen/bathrooms, and a stone driveway
>He's paying like $1700 a month in taxes alone
>I help out for a month. Then 3. Then it's been 6 payments from me of $1500-$3000.
>I'm not being put out, but my plans of paying my shit off just became longer.
>Ask Dad WTF and he got offended saying "his bills are his business and who the fuck do I think I am asking where he's spending money"
>Mention that the money he's spending is fucking mine
>Goes on a long tirade about how much it cost to raise a child, college, books
>he becomes livid when I remind him I was paying rent since 16 years old, and he didn't help with college at all
>Now just saying straight up that I owe him for even bothering to stick around and raise me, and that if he asks for money, I should cough it up
>Now the requests are coming in around $4,000 each time and I'm going to have to start digging into savings.
>month 8 tell him enough is enough
>Mom since left to stay with her friend indefinitely
>Dad says I'm dead to him

What could I have done differently? We never exactly saw eye to eye, but this is new. Am I in the wrong here?

No

You shouldn't have given him shit

Don't give him shit, make sure your mom has everything she needs.

You are not in the wrong, and this is normal. If your dad has said your dead to him it is choice to cut those ties, best you can do is leave him to his own failures. The family is important and money is far less but this isn't really about the money is it OP? This is a respect problem and your father is not treating you like an adult as you should be treated. This is his problem and seeing how his wife has left for friends this behavior of his is not just being turned to you. Cut ties, stop giving him money and give him a year or two, keep ties with your mom as a way to contact him if he is ready to be a man. GL OP

Your dad's a cunt.

Tell your mom to pack up and come live with you, until you can find her a nice apartment or something.

To follow up: OP You did nothing wrong. You tried to help family and he spit in your face.
Definitely consider

I don't understand how American families can be so weak. You treat yourselves as strangers instead of part of the same group.

Sit down and have an honest chat with your folks. Be open about wanting to help but also be firm and explain that they need to compromise and do stuff by themselves too. If your father's money problems are temporary, then you might be able to pitch in a help get their shit together. If its something more serious, then you all need to come up with a plan.

Maybe they will have to sell and move somewhere else. Talking about loyalty to a state is fucking ridiculous and retarded, so it will take a while to convince him.

Be there for your folks, you don't know how long they will last.

>Be there for your folks, you don't know how long they will last.
The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of womb.
Your biological family is meaningless unless they treat you with respect. If his dad is a bastard just taking his son's money and splurging it he can fuck off,

You're dad's jealous af that he's a stupid angry cuck and has to bum money from you and is griefing you just for being his son. The world doesn't owe him shit and neither do you. Sorry for your circumstance

$4000 dollars a pop sounds pretty fucking serious
OP's dad is either way overspending or living outside of his means

Something weird is going on with your Dad.

Drugs? Gambling? Some psychiatric issue? The belligerence and defensiveness when you ask about money are one clue, another one is that your mother hauled ass.

Doesn't sound like you did anything wrong whatsoever. Maybe your Mom can give you some insight on what the hell is going on with your father.

If this is new and unprecedented behavior from him, there could even be a neurological problem, like a brain tumor or early onset dementia.

you gave your father $20.000 in total ??
WTF user this is not right you shouldn't have gave him anything, a couple thousand a single time to help is ok but this amount is stupid he has to fix his shit at some point, otherwise you end up in this situation.
Also r u boy or girl user ?

Or on drugs, which is why mom left

Eh. Cunt or not he's family. At least those were my thoughts in the beginning
>Tell your mom to pack up and come live with you, until you can find her a nice apartment or something.
I offered that to her. She says she's fine with her friend and she has a part time job. Told her to just ask if she needed anything. Apparently after me moving out, it didn't take long for my parents to be at each other's throats. Their marriage was more because I was born as an "unexpected surprise"
Dad had a job making more than I do now, but back in the late 80's and early 90's. He threw all his money into cars and other projects. He barely kept the lights on half the time but expected to be treated like a returning hero after work every day.
Was never an issue with my mom. Only my dad. Growing up I always made sure to be where he wasn't.
New to me, but according to my mother, his throwing money around is old news. She used to have to hide away money to go clothes shopping and shit for me growing up. Otherwise he'd get stupid shit with any money he could find.

So around your old man is a bastard. I wouldn't feel sorry. Just remember that just because your father secreted semen into your mother's vagina doesn't mean you owe him anything.

i.e. overspending

All around*

Boy. The son he never wanted I suppose. I always kept me and my problems to myself. He never asked about anything other than my rent payment growing up.

Mom was there for everything though.

how the fuck did your dad make it that far with zero budgeting skill?

Cut him off for sure, Send your mom some money from time to time, even if she doesn't ask.

Your dad is a fucking cuck loser. It's not your fault.

I've not spoken to my dad in 10 years and I don't care. I also got a job when I was 14 and paid for all of my food and paid rent and paid for college all on my own. I had similar situation, he started asking for money each month because I worked hard to get a really good job and make good money. Then he started asking weekly. Then I found out he was lying about what he was spending it on and was going on fun trips on my money. Fuck that guy. He can rot knowing I hate him and want nothing to do with him ever again.

Your dad uses your family members for his own gains, he's a leech. You should cut him off.

Help your mom even if she doesn't ask for it

/thread

/thread

/thread

Pure luck and my mother was very good at making small amounts of money disappear over time into a hidden savings.
She got pissy when I tried that last time saying she can take care of herself. I think she feels guilty for the amount of money I gave dad that he pissed away. Ive been taking $400/month and sticking into an interest bearing account for her though.
Yea that's the conclusion I'm seeing too. I was just hoping I was wrong. I'm young and healthy, but I'm seriously considering writing a will. God forbid I die in an accident or something out of my control, I can give everything to Mom. Know how he is now, I wouldn't put it past him to try to take everything out from under her if I give them 50/50 splits.

Don't listen to all these emotional traumatised virgins from broken ass familys.
You shouldn't let your father that much money anymore, to cut it of was the right thing, at this point it would have been like givin a drug addict the money for his shot, you're doing no favor for him and it would never end.

Family is important, try to be open about evertything and do not cut out the contact to your dad, he might be wrong on this one and did some shit in the past too, but it's still your dad.
But never let yourself be used by anyone, not even if its family, and maybe he is angry at you right know, but this will transform into respect later on, seeing that you are capable of not letting yourself getting pushed over, user.