ITT: Albums with flawless first halves

ITT: Albums with flawless first halves

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZFzAIlhPc
youtube.com/watch?v=BU5GT5jgeOA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The Powers That B

only good songs on Jenny Death are Break Mirrors and On GP.

I will never, EVER consider The Powers That B a single album, there are two albums: Niggas on the Moon and Jenny Death.

I never noticed his socks were ascending to the spirit realm before

Joe the lion though

If you're not including the wheel then I agree

I like the wheel a lot, definitely grown on me, but yeah, from to the blade to spring/summer is an absolutely flawless run

Flawless both halves, literal 10/10 album.

>Flawless both halves
Nah, the throwaways on the second side bring it down to a 9/10.

This would be a perfect EP. Unfortunately they seemed more inspired by the slog of a second half when making their 2nd album.

the first three songs sound like they could be in one huge song

Stinkfist
Eulogy
H
Useless Idiot
FortySix and 2
Message to Harry Manback
Hooker with a Penis

youtube.com/watch?v=0-ZFzAIlhPc

2nd half is better

>wild honey pie
>flawless

these

I'M A GOVERNMENT MAN

first half is flat-out flawless
loses a bit of the punch with the second half

Yes and yes

Hands down the best piece of music Cats ever wrote, very focused, and all 18 minutes of the A side is so fucking good. The rest dips a bit, but that's arguably because of the God Tier suite.

youtube.com/watch?v=BU5GT5jgeOA

Patrician taste, I'm revisiting this today actually. If it was flaw less B side I'd have to pick Hounds though

Great picks, also I'd argue all around great records but still solid choices.

You could have just as easily pick Low too, though I don't know if this was asking exclusively for A sides of A sides period (regardless of the B side being 10/10 also)

Everything up to "Transitional Bird" is 10/10.

still flawless

But the second half is better

I'm with other user, I like The Wheel a lot, has a really tense opening and build up, + the "To The Blade" title drop in there. ending is very cinematic as well.

this is just flawless the whole way through, unless you're counting disc 2, then yeah I agree.

what niggeh

yeah, faust arp absolutely ruins it
(house of cards sucks too)

Fucking not kidding. Flows so well!

technically wouldnt count because its all flawless

That’s the best song on the album

The first six songs on this are maybe my favorite first half of any album collectively. Absolutely perfect flow, and perfect songs.

was just about to say this. First half of this album is practically perfect

Not memeing here, I dig the first 3 tracks but from Happy Hour to Any Friend of Diane's the album is fucking great.
People are acting like it's the second coming of Raditude, I don't get why they have to shit on everything that isn't/doesn't sound straight out of the 90's from Weezer.
Sweet Mary is one of their greatest songs, period.

this. different sound = omfg its radi2de!!!!!!!!!11

Fireworks to Derek is better tho

Literally a collection of the best songs indie rock had to offer up to that point in history.

These

F’real, All Lies is the only song that isn’t 10/10 imo

Dealer was such a disappointing album.
The Albatross came onto the scene and took it by storm, and they stirred up so much excitement when they announced a followup album only to disappoint everybody when Dealer dropped.

I enjoy Dealer, it just doesn't have that "it" factor that The Albatross had.

Totally falls apart at the end

>not liking Faust Arp
are you fucking serious?

imo title track is the only good one
somewhere in the between is objectively their best
hands that thieve is my personal favorite

First disc is great. The Sound is really the only standout on the second for me.

yep yep

the best

It lacks any kind of energy or momentum. It's just bland 3rd wave post-rock. A few tracks are nice though. I can't imagine how you write a song like Inuit and then just a little while later release an album like Dealer.

Retrovertigo makes me cry

eyyy

first half is all 9/10 or 10/10 bangers. second half is very solid also but the last few songs are kinda eh.

Only if they had a different version without Fitter Happier, and Electioneering, this would be one of the most perfect albums through and through. Which is why I sometimes prefer In Rainbows to this.

lads

Money Changes Everything -> Time After Time = 10/10