I love this movie because it feels like you're just randomly thrown into one of Indie's adventures and just go along...

I love this movie because it feels like you're just randomly thrown into one of Indie's adventures and just go along for the ride.

Why does it get so much shit? It's not as good as Raiders but it's a damn sight better Crusade.

Agree. Crusade actually used to be my favorite, but now I can't get past how every scene wraps up perfectly for Indy to move the plot along. I know that happens in the other movies, but by Crusade it's like they're parodying it. The writing just became lazier, really. Indy jumps off a boat that just happens to explode seconds after and then conveniently finds a broken piece of wood floating along. Young Indy is being chased by bad guys on the train, slips into some "magic box" and then seconds later is running from the train that must have carried him who knows how many miles in the opposite direction. Indy is being chased by guys on boat, kills (indirectly) all but one of them, and then the last one is like "oh, we've been trying to kill you this entire time, but now that you explained you're looking for your father (who is looking for the grail), despite killing all my friends, yeah bro you're free to go. Good luck!" I know this is being no-fun, but you can do this with just about every scene. It doesn't mean I hate Crusade, I still love it, but it's easily the weakest of the trilogy as a whole.

I think the ToD hate comes from, quite simply, the girl is extremely unlikable.

Doom is das beste.

Doom > Raiders >>>> Crusade

I pray to Satan they never make a fourth.

>I think the ToD hate comes from, quite simply, the girl is extremely unlikable.
The thing is, at least she's different to Marion. She's a great foil to Indy's stoic hero chrlaracter

I just wish her voice wasn't so whiny, the way she says "Indiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeee". Way too much screaming too.

I distinctly remember being like 7 at Costco or some bulk store, Temple of Doom was playing on a big screen tv, and there was like half a dozen kids around my age just standing around it, transfixed. That shit blew my mind wide open as a kid. Call me a sentimental fuck but Spielberg flicks changed my life when I was a kid.

Doom has poor sidekicks, they're both a bit too wacky and Indy feels isolated because of it.

In Crusade he has a really good dynamic with his dad, and the love interest turns out to be a bad guy which is unique in the series.

>and the love interest turns out to be a bad guy which is unique in the series
it's just one of many things they borrow from James Bond

The reason I can't stand Crusade is because it's just a remake of Raiders, and when you compare the two Crusade is so much weaker in every aspect. At least Doom tried to be different

I say that crystal skull was actually a really good "Indiana jones" movie if you just skip the part where they go into the final chamber and press play again as they are trying to escape the temple falling apart, no idea if I have shit taste but most of the criticism I gather is directed towards the end being "aliens lmao" so up until that point what was wrong with it?

I felt the opening scene felt more like James Bond than Indiana Jones. It was still a fun movie.

Well Indy is pretty much the American James Bond, so...

>there are "people" that think Last Crusade and Temple of Doom are even close to the masterpiece that is Raiders

The entire jungle chase scene is literal cancer. Unrealistic, cartoony shit that's so far removed from the rough and tumble Indiana Jones films. It's the same thing as Die Hard; the protagonist got too old to do real action stuff so they resorted to ridiculousness instead. All the stuff in America is fine with me but it falls apart horribly.

>but by Crusade it's like they're parodying it

The Berlin/Venice signpost in the middle of bumfuck Austria didn't tip you off, eh? I love Crusade. Temple of Doom is a good film, but I'm rarely in the mood to watch it, because it just gets so so very dark.

Yi wang de si wa yi kan dao
Xing li bian yao la jing bao jin tian zhi dao
Anything goes

>Good service here

I feel the same way about Mad Max 3. It's just a lesser sidequest for him.
4 is legitimately bad and tonally different so it doesn't pass.

Yeah that scene is terrible

Also I remember thinking the line "You're a teacher?" "Part time!" sounding really cool in the trailer but in the movie it falls so damn flat. In fact everything in the film falls flat

Cate Blanchett was the only remotely good thing about that movie

I think they uesed a different take in the theatrical than from the trailer - Ford's delivery is very different.

I remember reading about how they were minimising special effects to concentrate on stunt work, turns out that was bullshit.

>dat gopher

That's what happens when people express hatred towards a movie for being different. You get a safe return to what people loved and they can never criticize it because they got their wish and don't want to look stupid.