Big choice here Sup Forums. Work has promoted me, big time. I have to move To either Toronto, Canada or Los Angeles...

Big choice here Sup Forums. Work has promoted me, big time. I have to move To either Toronto, Canada or Los Angeles. California.

I don't need to hear both cities are shit because that is what I expect to hear. I have not been to either city. Anyone here been to both?

I don't really have an option to visit both for any stretch of time, the job starts in 2 weeks.

Currently living in shitty Florida and I fucking hate this place.

I don't have pets, kids, and broke up with the girlfriend the other week so I can't wait to leave.

Los Angeles if you want to have fun in the local area. Lots of good food places and shit to do there. Only went there for one summer, it was pretty good user.

Are they paying you in US dollars if you go to Toronto? If yes go to fucking Toronto

canada

Whats your job?

Well, you are less likely to get robbed or shot in Toronto. Alot less niggers. It's not hit weather all year round and if you smoke weed it's going to be completely legal in Canada this summer. That's all I can think of at the moment.

hot weather*

you may have a lot of shitty visa issues when going to canada, so personally I'd go to LA instead, even though that's shitty too.

I got sick of the smog and traffic in LA. Never been to Toronto.

Go to Canada. Toronto is awesome.

USA is so full of bullshit nowadays anyway.

been to both
l.a. better weather
tor safer
any difference in pay/prospects per city in regards to your promotion?

Currently live in LA. I don’t think it will be very different from your experience in Florida. Same night life, Latin food, weather, beaches and so on. Give Canada a go if you want a complete change of pace

Anywhere is better than Florida kek

it works out to be the exact same minus the taxes I pay in the cities.

marketing for an automotive manufacturer

My buddies all said Toronto. They said the people are a lot nicer.

HR deals with all of that, it's not a problem at all. First thing I asked actually.

I kind of got the dream job. The only prospects would be another company poaching me.

thanks buddy. Change of pace is exactly what I need now, really.

Florida is literally where people go to die.

Canada

Also try to get canadian passport because of trump

move to toronto. i grew up in L.A. it's fun, but Toronto has WAY better people. I went to university in toronto and loved every day. Met the wife there. lot's of fun women, great bars. winter is kind of shitty but you just hunker down at home and do other things inside more. We currently live in Vancouver now, and we are moving back to Toronto in June.

Trust me on this one. Toronto is a great fucking city.

Los Angeles is a city on its way out. Even making 80k here you’re looking at living with a roommate (my situation) if you want the simple luxury of walking to the store and it’s only getting worse. If you move to west LA you’re probably looking at the same price range but suffering in the shit to do department. This city isn’t like it used to be, even small places are losing their place to larger chains, most people who live here are transplants, people are really aggressive and not friendly. It’s really lame, if you’re looking to grind your whole life go for it. But be prepared for two things, everyone only talks about themselves and no one reads NO ONE READS.

Tl;dr LA is a trap, a horrid trap, it’s easy to get cemented here for your whole life, try Toronto.

If youre from Florida you better stick to somewhere warm like California. Doesn't even have humidity like Florida either.

Why the fuck would you move back here from Vancouver?

I came east 2 years ago, hate almost everything about the place.

However, OP. I've spent a year in LA as a Canadian, and now 2 years a hour west of Toronto.
Toronto itself sucks ass. But if you can be 30-60 min outside the city it's better than 90% of LA.

Just make sure you don't go to Canada, they call it cold Mexico for a reason.

move to Toronto. I have been to both. I would rather have a life in Toronto than in L.A. Both are really expensive for housing/rent. Like others have said, Toronto has great people. I have friends there I visit every year that I just met at a bar. It sucks how bars close at 2 a.m, and the subway closes at like 1;30 in toronto. Takes longer to get around when your drunk and on drugs. Uber has probably made things better there for that. they need to figure out 24 hour subway service in toronto.

I'm a finnish guy and I'm always dreaming of living in LA for some reason. LA fever hit especially during the winter.

I make 50K€ designing and developing websites at entry level, and own an apartement here in Helsinki. Or paying mortgage I should say to be correct. If I'd sell, I'd make approximately 60K after taxes and all that shit.

Seems like I'd be struggling in LA even though I guess I'm middle class in Finland?

the wifes family is in Toronto, and I have good friends there. I hurt my back in a, believe it or not, plane crash. So I don't do outdoor activities the same way anymore. I like Van for the outdoors, but I can't mountain bike/snowboard/dirt bike the same way anymore. It really sucks to be honest, seeing all the mountains around and knowing I can't do it anymore. Also, wife works for a fitness company and Toronto and the surrounding area has lot's of clients so she can make some change.

Canada. More gun freedom than cali.

you would be able to live there with room mates. not a chance your buying a place there unless you got some capital. I lived in L.A for a bit, everything is fucking expensive. Lot's of homeless people.

OP here. it is pretty interesting how the big conversation about all this from everyone, including family, is that people are just shittier in L.A. and it sounds like the opposite in toronto.

Toronto is mostly Filipinos and they're super friendly.

yeah that's not gonna work for me. Thanks anyway.

Maybe I'll just visit and see for myself if it's really worth it. Quality of life in Finland is very good, but dreaming is fun too

well, what they say about canadians being nice is kind of true. besides the native people there, and of course, the blacks, most people keep to themselves. I lived across canada and the only assholes are wiggers, wannabe thugs, and native people. Poverty is not as big of a problem in Toronto compared to L.A, that is for fuck sure.

Yo man. I've been to both FUCK LA. Toronto is cold but there's lots of nice Asian people and shit, not that much crime, etc. LA traffic sucks, people suck, everything costs more, culture sucks, and for some reason it really pisses me off when every waiter I get is some washed out actor with 9/10 looks and perfect teeth. You don't want that man.

lol. can you please tell me why it bothers you about there looks and teeth? I'm serious. Is it that everyone is kind of fake and just trying to make it in a "hollywood" lifestyle but it's depressing?

wow. after reading this thread I kind of want to go to Toronto. Only a 12 hour drive...and I have never been. seems doable for a 4 day weekend.

id like very juch for my waiters to be 9s and with all their teeth

Canada healthcare covers weed.

Also day poutine and money savings compared to L.A.

But I prefer seasons, if you like summer 85% of the year go to Cali. Also In n Out

Former Los Angeles fag here. Trust.

What is the comparison in taxes between the two choices? I think LA is a bitch for high taxes dunno about Toronto though. Just thinking of your take home pay, OP.

if you like smoking weed and drinking beer. go. fucking go to Toronto. they literally have like a hundred storefronts around the whole city where you can buy the best weed for fucking cheap. The bar scene is pretty live. If you are half social, you will get laid after trolling a few bars if that is what you are into, the women are pretty cool.