Quentin Tarantino Confirms He’ll Retire After Two More Films

>Hopefully, the way I define success when I finish my career is that I'm considered one of the greatest filmmakers that ever lived. And going further, a great artist, not just filmmaker."
>Tarantino hasn't given any definitive information about what his next project will be, although he teased at the conference that a "historical non-fiction project" is whirling around in his head.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kl9HV6nnvRg
youtu.be/x_fBYROA7Hk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bye Felicia

BLACKED documentary flick.

>I am giving up a career in film to start my Podiatry Practise

Nice

Doesn't he say this shit after every film? He'll never stop making movies. It defines his life.

he makes fun action movies.

nobody who matter will ever call his work kino

cuck

What's going on here? In this thread that is

why is Quentin so based bros?

>tell everyone you're about to retire
>but first you make some BIG HISTORICAL NON FICTION
>hype
>dies from choking while fap

>tfw you thought he'd regained that early 90s maturity with that opening sequence to Inglorious Basterds but then Django and Hateful 8 followed and you realised he was destined to make schlock until he retires

>the royal mccheese argument
>not pure kino
Do you even Sup Forums bruh?

he's doing a 70s film

pure auteur kino

Hateful 8 was Hateful Gr8

>Hopefully, the way I define success when I finish my career is that I'm considered one of the greatest filmmakers that ever lived

he's so humble

He's gonna rip off Stanley Kubrick's Napoleon. Calling it now.

I'd watch it.
>inb4 casting slj as napo

what a delusional little hack, hilarious

He's mentioned that he's only doing ten movies several times before. He said that's why he started numbering them.

>he hasn't seen Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs
He leaves out tons of opportunity to show action and gore in most of his movies.

>last scene copies the Shining and shows a freezing French soldier in Russia
And the circle is completed again.

Why is he considered good again?
He makes some decent action flicks but it's nothing more than shallow entertainment.

>non-fiction project
but the fiction was the best about his movies

The french one wasn't even part of the assassin group
This theory is absolutely worthless because of that fact.

He does a good job writing dialogue heavy scenes. He writes some pretty decent characters. And some of his earlier work was brilliant.

The guy is a creepy farting foot fetishist who wants nothing more than to be black to justify his love for the word nigger.

He reminds me a lot of kanye west actually; annoying, both say dumb shit consistently, both have something of an ego (tarantino seems more tame), but both are pretty talented at what they do

They both used to be at some degree. His dialogues are good for action film standards, in some cases it's just cringy shit a high schooler would say while playing with action figurines (Kill Bill for example)

>convince friend who likes some Tarantino to watch Reservoir Dogs
>it seemed too senselessly violent to me
>same guy always says django is his favorite tarantino movie

He's also very vocally liberal, is my friend possibly a literal cuck?

If he had retired after his first two movies he'd be considered a great artist and filmmaker

It's too late now

I agree about Django but Hateful 8 seemed like a step in the better direction

>historical non-fiction project
WE

Reservoir Dogs > Jackie Brown > Pulp Fiction > Inglourious Basterds > Kill Bill > Hateful Eight > Django > Death Proof

True Romance is probably his best work.

>samuel L jackson as napoleon

i would unironically watch this

Me too.

YOU CAN'T SIT WITH US WHITEY

> director vaguely references his previous films
Whoa 10/10

Oh no not that, anything but that

He really needs to make a miniseries or something. all of his recent movies have felt too long, while also feeling like they've been cut down heavily for the sake of runtime. His long-winded dialogue is better suited to TV at this point

retire from films. he will make tv shows till he dies

>theory
youtube.com/watch?v=kl9HV6nnvRg

That's not a knife Beatrix is holding you know.

And the real knife expert was Vernita.

Why doesn't he just keep making films until he is bored. He keeps saying he will retire after his next film but then continues making films afterwards, presumably because he comes up with an idea that he would like to pursue. Its getting a little silly at this point.

It barely adds up. Shit theory confirmed.

I hate this piece of shit and his gay films

if only he fucking died already

Django was fine up until he gets sold to the aussies and what had been a well paced period buddy flick just stumbles and never recovers.

Hateful 8 had that obnoxious flashback to the events before the start of the movie. I genuinely don't understand the point of it. You dont need an out of place extra act to establish tatum had been hiding in the basement. But otherwise it was a really solid movie.

No she wasn't. She had a fucking knife thrown at her heart by Uma

nobody who matters will ever call anything kino

>Django was fine up until he gets sold to the aussies
That's the point where he rewrote the ending. It was supposed to end at the gunfight after Candy dies but he thought that was too obvious so he added on an extra 20 minutes for literally no reason.

By far his worst film. the pacing was all over the place (random Bruce Dern flashback why?)

>By far his worst film.
Someone hasn't seen Death Proof.

Both those movies are absolute garbage lmao I haven't even watched them they're such shit lol

Is that someone you?

No.

>the way I define success when I finish my career is
this is where most people would say something with a semblance of humility, charity, and wisdom
>that I'm considered one of the greatest filmmakers that ever lived
why am I not surprised?

this statement alone precludes him from being a great artist. He should just shoot for great autist; I don't think anyone would disagree

He will be remembered for what he is: an autistic prick who rehearses existing movies.
They're fun to watch at first, but they get stale pretty fast, plus his writing went to shit after Jackie Brown, he can't have a dialogue that doesn't finish in a bloodbath

>Kung Fu: KB 1+2
>Blaxploitation: Jackie B, Django
>Nazicore: Basterds
>LAcore: Pulp, Dogs
>Western: H8

What's he missing?

His writing has never been his strong suit. They are almost always dragged out and last 5-10 minutes longer than they have to be. In the end they end up becoming long winded speeches with a lackluster predictable outcome.

space movie
full on foot fetish kino

Sci-Fi?

About 4/5 of his first scripts are really good. Might be 5/5 if Natural Born Killer had a better director, hard to say about the script now.

good. his films have been getting more and more stale since kill bill

>historical non-fiction project

Or in other words. A cowboy movie that deals with racism, bounty hunters and Samuel L. Jackson.

Probably a film about Bass Reeves.

Best Tarantino kino comin through.

I really liked Inglourious Basterds. How come Sup Forums doesn't?

Kill Bill had a lot of weak moments too. Felt like watching a white guy try to make a chinese / japanese revenge movie. Better off just putting in a Shaw Brothers / Kurosawa film.

Didn't he say he was going to retire after making 10 movies? Shouldn't he have already retired. One of you nerds list them for me.

>same guy always says django is his favorite tarantino movie
>He's also very vocally liberal, is my friend possibly a literal cuck?

I wouldn't go so far as to call him a cuck, but he is definitely Liberal.

The only reason he liked the violence in Django is because it was black and white. With Django and good white guy killing bad white guys.

The idea of grey violence is unfounded to Liberals who constantly view the world through Marxism, which is basically GOOD (us) vs. EVIL (them).

youtu.be/x_fBYROA7Hk

Part 2 felt like Tarantino making a Disney film.

Which 10 genre films will Tarantino rip-off next?? Can't wait!

so not only do you not understand Marxism, you can't even handle the grey violence of something like Resevoir Dogs, which shows criminals torturing cops but still being anti-heros.

congrats, you've out-retarded yourself.

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Jackie Brown
4. Kill Bill
5. Death Proof
6. Inglourious Basterds
7. Django Unchained
8. Hateful Eight

He's not counting the ones he just wrote, like Natural Born Killers and From Dusk Till Dawn.

>that's why he started numbering them
huh? did i miss something?

>sell last film on "HEY IT'S SHOT ON FILM GUYS"
>shoot the entire film in a static-lit interior
>have three actual good shot in the whole nearly-three-hour movie
>"Well digital just looks too much like tv"
>admits to stealing from other movies
>his most popular movies are mishmashes of scenes from godard and fellini and other 70s movies copy-pasted with edgy "smart" dialogue

Tarantino is a fucking hack

Took me several seconds to realize that that was not a list of his movies from best to worst.

i'd rather watch plagiarism that isn't boring than capeshit

all his films from Jackie Brown onwards have said somethnig like "the 7th Movie from Quentin Tarantino" in the trailer.

>so not only do you not understand Marxism,

No, it's accurate

>you can't even handle the grey violence of something like Resevoir Dogs,

No, I implied user's friend couldn't handle it.

Then watch Martin Scorsese's The Departed

Quality Filmmaking

very solid career. any aspiring filmmaker would love to have those under his belt. let me rearrange the list by personal QT Best Of:

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill
Jackie Brown
The Hateful Eight
Inglorious Basterds
Django Unchained
Death Proof

anyone know what's next for him now that he's hopefully done with westerns and war films? any more genres he'd care to tackle? i'd like him to do a modern family crime epic or a noir. maybe even a rez noir (all native american cast).

romantic comedy.

>there actually people who think Tarantino is one of the greatest directors of all time

Tarantino is shit and normies are fucking stupid

What kind of people other than children watch tarantino movies anyways?

not sure if I like basterds or Django as much as his earlier work (haven't seen h8 8), but one of the things that struck me after watching Django was just how fucking WEIRD it all was. Sometimes it felt serious and restrained, sometimes it felt like a cartoon.

Is Hateful Eight anything like this?

How about not watching either?

Hateful Eight is more nuanced than both Basterds and Django though it has its cartoonish moments too

When I first watched Tarantino films, I did think he was great, but after seeing films and finding new directors, Tarantino isn't that good. He's just a one trick pony hack that steals things from other iconic movies

based Mel

He can probably stop now. No one would be angry. Or miss him.

>He does a good job writing dialogue heavy scenes.

he doesn't though. all his character's dialog scenes sound like Quentin talking through puppets. they never have their own voice, they never have their own personality.

>previous films

To me it felt like it was building up to something interesting but in the end it was just, nope, shootout.

Guess that's on me for expecting something clever in a Tarantino movie, but still. The format kinda demanded it it felt like.

here's your (you)
also dubs

I hope the last movie he makes is kill bill vol 3

His Dialogue is really terrible, people only like it because it's 'cool'. Tarantino has the mind of middle schooler when writes, it was evident in the hateful eight, that was shit tier writing

Mexploitation

But the boats sailed on that one with the Machete movies.

>they never have their own personality.

vincent vega felt pretty real.

He is 60 years old already and he needs 5 years to make a fucking film, what do you expect