Since atheists claim that there is no God, why do some have such hostility against those who do believe in God...

Since atheists claim that there is no God, why do some have such hostility against those who do believe in God? Why do some seem to have a mission in life or an axe to grind against Christians or Christianity and even against God? Why do they detest a belief in something that they themselves don’t believe in? Since there is no Santa Clause, why don’t they go up to every Santa Clause they meet and rail against them or not existing since both don’t seem to exist to them?

because most of them are faggots

I have no animosity towards atheist because I used to be one. Christians are in no way superior to non-believers because God is no respecter of a person’s ability, social standing, or wealth (Acts 10:34; Rom 2:11). God doesn’t look at the outside as we do, rather He looks at the heart (1 Sam 16:7). We too must look, not at the outside, but at the soul of that person as someone that needs saving. They may have very good reason not to believe in God, but we all know that belief doesn’t alter what is true so ask them sincerely why they became an atheist? Show them respect but ask them what their reasons for not believing in God since they lack all knowledge of all places in the universe? Why can they not deal with a God and that exists?

Read literally anything by John Milton.

Because Christians are huge faggots and won't shut the fuck up.

I would ask an atheist if there are certain objective morals. Do they have something that they see an absolute moral principle? Is murder of an innocent person always wrong and at all times? Are there objective universal morals? Are there none? Where does morality come from?

How dare you insult our christ! I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

imo christians are pure beings and their body thetans are high levls and they donbt do what anymore like and shibe

The golden rule is in pretty much every religious text and many non-religious ones. That's a pretty good moral rule.

If humans are simply a process of random chemical processes over millions of years then how a non-believer be so sure their atheism properly represents reality? What if they’re wrong? What hope is there after this life if life is all there is? Does that rob purpose beyond the grave? Do you believe in an after-life somewhere? The Bible declares that “what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse” (Rom 1:19-20).

It's like the Repo Code. "I shall not cause harm to any vehicle nor the personal contents thereof, nor through inaction let the personal contents thereof come to harm."

I used to be in the shoes of first, a christian, then, a self taught athiest, who was very very hostile to anybody partaking in religion in discussion, and then, i believe now, im mostly just agnostic or atheistic or inert. At the time i was hardcore atheist, i believe the reasoning i tried to defend myself with, was that they believe in clearly false ideologies, that have no scientific evidence backing them up. However, now, i believe that while that is true, there is also little to no scientific evidence disproving them, and even though the likelyhood is small, its still a better thought than an empty world, and there no problem with people having their own ideologies, and their own sets of beliefs, as long as they dont hurt anybody. Essentially, i believe i used to be conflicted because i believed it was false, now i believe its extremely unlikely, but am accepting of almost everyone, and hostile to very, very few. (hardcore extremists, some denominations, etc.)

Have you asked yourself, what if you’re wrong and there is a heaven and a hell?
If you don’t believe in something, does it mean it doesn’t exist? In other words, does what we believe change what is true? An example was that humanity was convinced at one time that the earth was flat but their “concrete evidence” of looking at the earth and seeing nothing but flatness didn’t make the world into a flat surface. What atheists believe and don’t believe cannot make something true or false.

1st off, fuck your bait. 2nd, for rational people to accept God, present your proof since the burden of it starts and ends with religion(s). The one(s) making his claim for existence in the first place.

>Checkmate faggot.

Morality comes from the simple idea of treating others how you want to be treated

You can't surely be against entire denominations? They even vary so much from within, evangelists from the evangelist free church are some of the nicest and most accepting Christians I have ever met, while televangelists literally believe pokemon is the devil and will denounce anything new and popular just to set their own people against the world a little more.

Hey atheist user. We know about Aristotle was opposed to Plato’s “First Cause” but his own theory of causality is still an argument from universal causation. Plato’s basic argument in The Laws (Book X) was that all movement in the world was an imparted motion, and since everything is in motion, who or what caused that first movement? Who or what was the first cause of the universe? Where did matter come from? Was there a singular point of the beginning of the universe and all matter? Since matter must have a cause, Who or what was that cause?

I find the idea that after death my conciousness disappears and my body decays with my atoms returning to the universe they came from. That's living forever, and you don't have to worry about groveling before a jealous psychopath for your entire life.

That's wrong according to most entry level ethics classes, morality comes from the desire to do the most good for the most amount of people

Plato was a fag.

As i said many times before, i believe that the difference between a good atheist and a bad atheist, or even a good and bad person, is whether or not they question themselves often. Ive argued this topic with myself to hell and back (metaphorically), and as i mentioned before, the only logical conclusion that i can pull from it, (although there is no conclusion) is that there are only odds. The odds that something is dictated by a specific religion, is very unlikely. However, its also not to say that there is no possibility of it. Its very possible that there is a form of energy, or a mean of... data transport? that we have not discovered yet, which contains the immeasurable parts of the human body, ie, the soul. However, even this can be countered, by saying that at the end of the day, we are only electrical impulses. As ive said, this is all speculation, and none of what i say has my full confidence or denial. I can only speculate with the factual and testable information given, which points away from any and every religion.

gumball analogy:
theists: there is an even amount of gumballs
anti-theist: There is an odd amount
atheism: Since I can't count the gumballs yet. I cant say one way or another

How is just not having an opinion a bad idea? Atheism doesnt make a claim of god existing or not.

There are very few actual atheists. The people you are referencing actually worship the state and violence as their God. Atheist as a group are actually some of the most fundamental religious nuts you can find on the planet. There is no argument you can make against God that doesn't apply equally to state power. Research anarchocapitalism and universally preferable behavior. You cannot logically debunk this.

Generalization of a group is impossible, which is why im so against collectivization. Of course im not against entire denominations, but there are certain groups which i am more likely to shy away from, simply because of the statistical nature of their religion, such as the Amish, or the Mormons, or forms of Islam.

Well, if you treat others the way you wish to be treated, that will probably include doing good for the most amount of people. "On these hang all the law and the prophets."

Pascal's gambit is a good example of why that's the worst option from a logical standpoint

Watch Jordan Peterson sometime, learn some philosophy, and throw away your fedora collection.

You're confusing atheism with agnosticism again.

Do you tell kids that a genocide would be morally good if it were God's Will?

. If it takes an intelligent being to produce an encyclopedia, then would it not also take an intelligent being to produce the equivalent of 1000 sets of an encyclopedia full of information in the first one-celled animal? (Even atheists such as Richard Dawkins acknowledges that “amoebas have as much information in their DNA as 1000 Encyclopaedia Britannicas.” Richard Dawkins, The Blind Watchmaker (New York: WW. Norton and Co., 1996), 116.)

No, because just treating another the way you wish to be treated can lead to some bad rationalizations. You would love it if every person who made more than they needed gave you the excess of what they earned, but obviously you're not going to give anything you don't need away

> However, now, i believe that while that is true, there is also little to no scientific evidence disproving them,

I can benchpress skyscrapers. There is no scientific evidence confirming that, BUT there is also no evidence disproving it. Therefore, I can possibly benchpress skyscrapers.

Agnostics are theists without the commitment.

that isn't logically consistent. how can you force yourself to believe in something you cannot prove? That's impossible. I would be doing it out of fear and not actually believing anything. I would also be pretty bitter against anything so petty as to torture me forever for not being able to prove its existence.

We don't know but neither do you, therein lies the point. The difference is science continues to stretch perception as far as it can go, inching ever further into the past. 95% of organized religion is solely-based on ancient conjecture and cannot say the same. Certainly causality is relevant but just remember that "God" or magic is just what people call science we haven't discovered. Stop making claims you can't back up.

Thread

In theory, it does not take an intelligent being to produce anything, it only takes a chance in the universe. Something has to interact with something to cause something. That is an extension of what i was saying, but essentially, yeah, i suppose you could, but the simple limitations of the human body according to modern standards of science point away from the probability of that. However, the same randomness that determines the card which is drawn by the universe, states that you could potentially bench press sky scrapers.

gnosticism is the certainty of belief not the claim. you can be a gnostic theist where you believe you know for sure there is a god and a gnostic atheist, where you know no one will ever know if there is a god.

Are you absolutely sure there is no God? If not, then is it not possible that there is a God? And if it is possible that God exists, then can you think of any reason that would keep you from wanting to look at the evidence?

What evidence?

You have poorly developed concepts of faith, fear, and judgement

Would you agree that intelligently designed things call for an intelligent designer of them? If so, then would you agree that evidence for intelligent design in the universe would be evidence for a designer of the universe?

you are confusing intent and mutation. mutations occur in cells that are either beneficial or harmful to the organism.

we dont know how DNA or RNA was set, but the first organisms were not that complicated of structures. barely alive and not at all complex.

The golden ages of humanity were when science and the humanities were looked at with the same venerance

The bible

Well that's the entire book of Joshua. Deuteronomy 20:16-17 "However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheretance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them - the Hittites, Amonites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites - as the Lord your God has commanded you."

When you hear retarded US politicians insisting on their FAITH IN GOD it makes me sick. What hypocrites. What assholes.

How is the Bible evidence?

No. I'm not sure listening to your shitty arguments that many humans were intelligently designed.

No, a thing can be intelligently designed, but completely coincidental. Many intelligently designed subjects are discovered by pure chance. Simply because there is a chemical indifference somewhere that causes an effective battery to be formed, causing heat to create steam pressure, does not mean that any intelligent requirement was met. This can be scaled up, as far as anything really, or down as far as anything as well. Chance, at the end of the day, could, and is most likely, the cause for everything.

1: Because religious people are self-righteous assholes (look in the mirror).
2: Because a lot of Christians and their ilk are fucking assholes about it and treat anyone not of their religion like something foul to be condemned to an eternity of horrible pain forever (look in the mirror).
3: Because people who shove their ideology down other people's throats are offensive (look in the mirror).
4: Because they understand the meaning of a metaphor meant to instill good behavior, unlike Christians who treat anyone not Christian like the enemy who must be condemned to torture for their lack of belief.

The Bible is no more evidence of history than the Iliad or Lord of the Rings.

Asking recurring questions neither of us has a definite answer to isn't doing you any favors man. The burden of proof still lies with your side.

Nay, it was the golden age when both were addressed objectively but that's nary the case anymore.

>be atheist
>develop own moral code
>do unto others as others would do onto you
>ok everyone can agree on that
>therefore become vegetarian
>christian asks why im vegetarian
>say golden rule, would you like to be eaten after being brutally killed?
>christian responded "but the bible saus animals are here for us to eat"

therefore, fuck you cunt chritian faggot
you cunts use your religion to justify brutal murder off innocent lives. if you arent a vegetarian, fucking kill yourself

True is that God left you to your poor thoughts. I want you to be safe

How on Earth have you miss recorded miracles in this communication era?

There are several miracles happening each single year. Naples miracle

As simple as using common sense - if you want proof search for it and if you have the $ go and see with your eyes

Fuck off you little shit, even talking about being a believer while browsing this shithole site is ludicrous and sinful. Go starve to death in a cave and let me cover the entrance with a monolith. If you come back out, I'll believe your shit.

Prove that any miracles have occurred.

This shitthread again... every other day dude... and you literally copy/paste the same non arguments over and over. Theres no God. We just die. Fucking get over it already...

Because priests rape little boys and that's wrong

Would you agree with me that just because we cannot see something with our eyes—such as our mind, gravity, bigfoot,magnetism, the wind—that does not mean it doesn’t exist?

does the suffering of billions of factory farmed animals exist?

>taking everything in the Bible literally

FFS.

>implying organized religion is the only path to God
Get the fuck out, nigger.

So is God just a metaphor then?

Well, you either believe in that nonsense, or you do not. But its not a la carte.

Are you absolutely sure there is no Unicorns on Pluto? If not, then is it not possible that there is a Unicorn on Pluto? And if it is possible that Unicorns on Pluto exists, then can you think of any reason that would keep you from wanting to look at the evidence?

In the light of the big bang evidence for the origin of the universe, is it more reasonable to believe that no one created something out of nothing or someone created something out of nothing?

holy fuck youre stupid

Would you agree that intelligently designed things call for an intelligent designer of them? If so, then would you agree that evidence for intelligent design in the universe would be evidence for a designer of the universe?

"Nothing" is still something, baka.

>Have you asked yourself, what if you’re wrong and there is a heaven and a hell?
So what? If you eat factory farmed meat, you are supporting hell on earth, and if there is a hell, that is actually where you deserve to end up. atheist vegetarians will be going to heaven before you do

Friendly reminder that you're just going to get a copy-paste response.

I know but fucking hell I'm bored.

Can you please stop with the spoon kid from the matrix and pretending you're a woke intellectual?

Also, being able to observe (doesn't have to include visibility) is all you need to say something exists

unfortunately, there is no point to anything you just said

How can normies deny the existence of the gods when the Eye of Terror is literally right there outside of Cadia? Literal servants of the gods pour out of that thing and fuck shit up routinely

This. So much this....

What if OP is wrong? What if Thor is the true God and he was worshipping a jew this whole time. Not getting laid and shit.

Nice dubs. At least we got something out of this thread.

Is it moral to raise innocent animals for years in misery, only to brutally slaughter them once they reach the age of puberty? According to the bible it is

Why do u guys post the same pick when talking about this stuff

>. God doesn’t look at the outside as we do, rather He looks at the heart
exactly. which is why more atheists will go to heaven than christians. most christians believe in god for selfish reasons

why did you quote me? your response had literlaly nothing to do with my statement. here, i will repeat it for you you stupid christian moron:

does the suffering of billions of factory farmed animals exist?

Because everything about it is copy-paste.

This is now a GET thread

>CHECK

Why did you reply to me? what you said has nothing to do with what you are replying to. are you new to Sup Forums? do you not know the purpose and appropriate use of quoting someone?

I'm a Buddhist. It's like the perfect middle ground. Kek

I am glad you are seeing reason. Equating god to Santa Claus. Both are fantasy beings that don't exist. Nicely done.

I think that there is good reason to doubt religion but what is the logical basis for there not being a god?
I understand that god might need a creator himself but that still wouldn't change the fact that he would stick be our god.

Wow, after all this time you're still posting this same post... just give t a rest, comrade.

99% of us couldn't care less. Why do you post this every fucking day?