pretty genius desu

vaporwave

it's not in print anymore

this
what the fuck man
but I like it nonetheless

A rock smoking a cigarette

I can't believe the guy who did pic related is respected now

Is that true? If yes, does anyone know what is the original symphony sampled in All You Are Going to Want to Do Is Get Back There?

This Is Romance
by Hal Kemp & His Orchestra and Skinnay Ennis (1979)
According to whosampled.com

thequietus.com/articles/20970-leyland-james-kirby-interview-the-caretaker

>Kirby’s initial process was relatively simple and essentially involved him processing 1930s big band, swing and choral tunes recorded from old 78s with echo, reverb and other effects to produce a very spectral and dislocating style of music.

basically yeah, but it gets more complicated later on

>When I push him about what he means when he says “it will all become clear”, he reveals that rather than just process the same records over and over to achieve the kind of ‘slippage’ that he wants, one of his tactics has been to source multiple versions of the same songs, allowing him to use the same musical phrases while generating many different emotions: “These days I have more options than I did at the start. It’s now possible to find a lot of this music online and it’s easier to research. The possibilities are huge. It’s possible to find ten versions of one song now. You can compare the same section looped from each song. So it’s almost like you have one memory but you’re hearing it with a different mood. I’m playing a lot with this idea on the new one. As a listener, when you go through the series, you will know that you’ve heard a particular section before but it will sound different. On the first album there’s one specific song that I used on the opening track which is very, very upbeat, nice and really warm. For the second album I managed to find a different version of the same song but somehow the guys playing it sound… low. There’s just a low mood to it - like the band haven’t had a coffee yet.”

this is a well written interview article btw, worth reading

yeah I originally thought it was a bunch of samples stringed together or something, but nope. it's literally just him playing dirty records and recording them. but regardless of the skill that takes to make these albums (or lack thereof) he does really manage to create a much different atmosphere than the original songs had.
I also like the stuff he makes under V/Vm where the changes he makes to the songs are more obvious and exaggerated:
youtube.com/watch?v=T0ofp0a-Qwk
youtube.com/watch?v=qkxSMuVn_5M

>i dont understand production
>i dont know what a concept album is
>i only enjoy music if i think it was difficult to make

not that guy but how is it a "concept album"

that's a whole lot of projecting there
what about my post indicated that I didn't like it, didn't understand what production was or didn't understand what a concept album was?
I like almost everything leyland kirby has released
see my post

looks like a rock with a match in it

It's a concept album about memory loss hence the sampled source material, the track names that repeat themselves, and the WAY the source material is sampled

that's clearly a potato

no its a giant piece of clay

9/10

not at all, it's a painting

a """""""concept album""""""""" heavily based on """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""sampling"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" records he stole from his grandfather who he killed, which he then applies a grainy filter to on audacity and sella it to goyim for 6 gorillion dollars on bandcamp

>hol up while I slow that song down like it's in a Fallout trailer and get an 8.2 on p4k
youtube.com/watch?v=F-4OufJ_mDs

sure told me :^)

so is it like vaporwave for old folks or something?

no.

not even a bit?

Rock music

no, it's plunderphonics for old people.
vaporwave is plunderphonics for kids