Eric Dier to join Manchester United

>Dier, valued at £40million, is a leading target for Manchester United and sources at Tottenham claim his head has been turned by the interest.

What do you think?

This rumor has been around for a while
Would love for it to happen desu

I dont think he's an elite dabber so it may take half a season to bed him into the team

"[Player], valued at [random number], is a leading target for Manchester Untied and sources at [player's current club] claim his head has been turned by the interest."

Can't wait to see about a hundred different variations of this over the course of the summer. At this point, who have Man United *not* been linked to?

>United pays tens of millions for an unremarkable player
100% true

In a world where Stones and Sterling cost 50 million each, there is no way that Dier will only cost 40.

Loads of people drawing parallels with Carrick. Carrick was far better than this sperg.

Do you believe every single thing you read?

Why would anyone draw parallels with Carrick? Dier is a defender who can sometimes play midfield, he's got nothing in common with Carrick.

Kinda feel the same way. This is Levy we're talking about, plus Dier still has 4 years on his contract.

Tottenham now have a new stadium, a strong squad and manager, champions league football, located in London and are in a really strong position, dunno why the media keeps pretending Man U can steal any of their players

I believe it's a tactic used by attorneys like Raiola or Mendes to inflate their players' prices at this point

Man U can steal their players by offering insane wages, Spurs can't hope to match offers like 200k or 250k per week. Inevitably they're going to lose their stars unless they pull off some kind of miracle over these next few seasons or some trigger-happy billionaire buys the club.

If Man Utd were buying him it'd be to play in midfield. 11 years ago Man Utd bought Carrick from Tottenham for what was then a big fee. Considered an uninspiring signing at the time, with Chelsea buying the likes of Essien, he proved to be a great signing and a catalyst for future success. Some are saying Dier could do similar. I don't agree because (1) the United team is absolutely nothing like it was a decade ago and (2) Dier isn't nearly as good as Carrick was.

Mention Man Utd = more clicks

But when the only thing they can offer is money they are bound to get only mercenaries who only care about money, and Dier doesn't look like that kind of guy to me

Spurs haven't lost any of their stars since 2010 except Gareth Bale, only a Barca, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich have enough power to force players away from Tottenham these days

Tottenham will collapse next season and fall out of the top 4. They're WHL babbies and they're record at Wembley is tragic.

They're losing Kyle Walker this summer for sure, and probably to an English team

I give them better chances for a top 4 finish than Yernited or Slippypool lol

Maybe Arsenal as well depending on if Wenger stays and what players they bring in

>Who is Luka Modric

Though I agree with your sentiment. Tottenham, and basically every other half-decent PL side, can resist bids from fellow PL teams for their players now because everyone's got so much money. Man Utd bid more for Bale than Real did but Tottenham didn't need the extra £10m so they sent him abroad. It's the primary reason English clubs are continuously failing in the CL these days - the league's best players aren't filtering up to 2 or 3 top teams.

i foresee dier consequences.

Oh yeah I forgot about him
but yes, the top 6-8 premier league clubs would rather sell them abroad than keep them in England, that's generally how it works now

but

can he dab?

>just fuck my career up

Tottenham will have a similar experience in Wembley as West Ham have in their new stadium. They haven't been impressive away from WHL this season. They rely heavily on their home form to make top 4.

Dier is shut, but I wouldn't expect anything else from Mourinho. Who the fuck wants to play at Man U? How did they earn a record amount this season? They're the most ubenjoyable team to watch by an absolute mile and have won nothing significant.

>Dier 40 million
>Vinicius Jr. 45 million

Pare de forçar esse preto inútil aqui. Esse merda não joga nada é só um meme da Globo.

i don't see this working out much better than morgan schneiderlin

>Pacey nigger

>If Man Utd were buying him it'd be to play in midfield.

Then they would be retarded. Even when he plays in "midfield" for Spurs he's really just a 3rd CB.

Kyle Walker is hardly a star, he's not even a guaranteed starter.

>probably to an English team
who else would buy an english player?

Eric Dier could play for mid table Italian clubs but English players just never leave because lower wages and fuck learning other languages and cultures

Não estou forçando, só achei engraçado.

The same Dier who lived in Portugal from 12-20 and speaks fluent Portuguese?

Dier grew up in Portugal and came from Sporting's academy...

But Dier is much better than Carrick atm.

Football isn't played 3, 4 years ago, its played now.

Not sure we need him if we have Herrera though

>But Dier is much better than Carrick atm.

They play completely different roles, comparing the two makes no sense

Dier is not your typical Brit. He came up through sporting's youth ranks and he's fluent in Portuguese I think. He grew up a different cultural environment where leaving the country isn't something to be afraid of.

If a proper offer is on the table from a different country, he'll most likely leave. Specially if its a top team once hr reaches his full potential.

>DMF is two different roles

Really made me think

Dier doesn't play DMF, he plays CB in Tottenham's back 3. Even when he's listed in the pre-match formation as a midfielder, he always drops further back than Alderweireld. He's not a particularly good passer either. He's got more in common with Wanyama than Carrick.

>Tottenham selling to a PL rival for less than 100 mil

haha, nope. not Levy.

This window will be hilarious, United will be linked to pretty much every player because we all know as a fact that they'll pay over the odds for mediocrity.

Spurs saying they won't sell their better players this season. Woodward vs. Levy lel

>Vinicius Jr

LITERALLY who

Who should they get with the money? For me, it's Van Dijk.