Give me your thoughts on this album, Sup Forums. I've never seen it discussed on this board

Give me your thoughts on this album, Sup Forums. I've never seen it discussed on this board.

Please delete this thread. I'd rather it stayed that way.

Why?

Come on Sup Forums, it's Byrne and Eno. Some of you must have listened to it.

its been discussed tons of times
use the archives or read rym reviews

its too good to spoil just let it be
you cant really meme about it anyway its anti meme music

its haram

faggot

I don't give a shit about reviews, I'm interested in conversation and hearing what the anons actually currently reading the board think about it
It's one of my personal favorites

>use the archives

>It's one of my personal favorites
well start the convo and explain why its your fav then.

> hearing what the anons actually currently reading the board think about it
I'm here to converse not to read idly you stupid homo

good choice, there are some spoopy tracks on it.

10/10

Alright, I'll try. On a pure sonic level, it's one of the most unique albums I've ever listened to, up there with Lark's Tongue in Aspic and Pawn Hearts.
The sampled voice lines and the context that they give to the music make every song a standout with its own little meaning rather than just super cool instrumentals.
The whole album just has this otherwordly, "exploratory" vibe to it, something so completely new and foreign, I can't quite put it to words fully. It has a certain 'magic' to it that I don't get from anything else.

Not a very good explanation of why it's one of my favourites but it's the best I could do. I love Eno's beep boops.

It's one of my favorites as well. I enjoy the music on a very basic level, but I'm also drawn to the narrative around the album: the questions it raises about cultural imperialism, the statement that it makes about deconstruction and the nature of artistic creation, and the curious way that it "predicts" musical movements that would follow in its wake (it speaks volumes about the mysterious nature of influence: an "influential" album that didn't seem to really influence anybody except for the critics appraising its value in hindsight). I hold this album very dear, and I love thinking about it almost as much as I love listening to it.

it influenced a ton of ny dance/funk guys, people like duke bootee and d train, arthur russell, but it was a studio heads record not like a public acclaim record

Lmao didnt they pussy out to the muslims and delete a track off this?

didn't like it the first time I listened to it years ago, even though I'm a huge eno and byrne fan and the concepts on it aren't foreign to me
have had it cued up for another listen for a while now

Abdul here. Eno and Byrne are halal AF.

It's hack producers like Albini and Thom Yorke that are haram.

durutti column lookin'-ass

I like it very mucho

Hard to find well made albums that are relaxing yet can be attentively listened to as well.

The cover art of the remaster is ass.

Sort of. They didn't "pussy out," per se, as they took the track off the album voluntarily when they learned that a recording of a Q'uran reading set to music is forbidden by Islam. If anything, they showed a lot of courage to stand up and do the respectful thing by seeking a restorative solution to an issue brought about by ignorance.

This.

The old cover was so good. The change made no sense.

Yeah. I should've qualified my statement a bit better there. You're right.

I actually have the physical CD version on my desk right now and it makes a bit more sense. The "Brian Eno + David Byrne" box was a sticker on the plastic wrap, when you take that off the horiztonal striped background is what's left, and that itself is actually a cardboard cover that houses a jewel case. The cover of the jewel case is the original album art around a wide black border. It's really nice packaging but it does look awful as a digital version.

Have any of you read the Amos Tutuola novel that this album was named after? I picked up a copy a few years ago, and it's SUPER strange and cool. Apparently Byrne and Eno hadn't read it before they took the name, but the story kind of vibes with the album in strange ways.

I like Very Very Hungry a lot. I'm glad the Muslims got Quran removed because that wasn't as good.
The last track Mountain of Needles makes me feel like I climbed up to a monastery on top of a foggy mountain and attained nirvana. Otherworldly spiritual stuff

it really shows how shit Eno became